QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you from me as well, Nanjin. We all know your dedication to Trek, and the figures you've helped shepherd have been fantastic. So excited to have the re-releases on my shelf.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nanjin, who at QMX do we need to contact to let them know we want more Trek?

Hot toys just announced 4 figures in the last 30 minutes. After the Picard trailer, just imagine if we found out Data and Seven of Nine were ready to go? What exactly are QMX not seeing about marketing Synergy?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

I did some digging:

https://panjiva.com/Newson-International-Ltd/38974622

Supply Chain Intelligence about:
Newson International Ltd.

Company profile
Hong-Kong.b5795cf673fd5c80.png
Hong Kong

[h=4]U.S. CUSTOMS RECORDS ORGANIZED BY COMPANY[/h][h=4]11 U.S. shipments available for Newson International Ltd., updated weekly since 2007
DateSupplierCustomerDetails42 more fields
2019-05-14NEWSON INTERNATIONAL LTD.QUANTUM MECHANIX INC.
1/6 SCALE STAR TREK SULU ACTION FIGURES HS CO DE: 392640
BILL OF LADING
2019-02-04NEWSON INTERNATIONAL LTD.QUANTUM MECHANIX INC.
1/6 SCALE STAR TREK SCOTTY ACTION FIGURES 1/6 SCALE STAR TREK PICARD ACTION FIGURE (EXCLUSIVE) 1/6 PRINCESS BRIDE WESLEY ACTION FIGURE. HS CODE: 392640
BILL OF LADING
2018-09-09NEWSON INTERNATIONAL LTD.QUANTUM MECHANIX INC.
1 6 PRINCESS BRIDE WESLEY ACTION FIGURE. HS CODE: 392640
BILL OF LADING
Shipment data shows what products a company is trading and more. Learn more

Top HS Codes

[/h]

Reading between the lines, if Newson International is just concerned with supplying QMx with sixth scale, and from Nanjin's comment, "Just a change of operation", maybe this is just a change in relationship that will facilitate more production?

Nanjin Tam

12 hrs ·
·

1/6 scale articulated figures Development and Production

Joel Troy Will this affect your Star Trek figs? :eek:

Nanjin TamThank you all. Nothing special. Just a change of operation. Less friction more productive.

So, the obvious question is: what happens to 1/6 Star Trek at QMx now?

And will we start to see 'third party' figures suddenly popping up instead?
How about I put it this way, the arrangement only separates the responsibilities.

I am way too involved in 1/6 trek that I am acting like an over protective parents. I have high expectation on everyone to keep 1/6 Trek alive. I am sure I yelled too loud when I saw problems, thereby creating difficulties for everyone.

Furthermore, making the needed body for Trek is a huge no-no in my opinion. I am very uncomfortable about this. It is an obvious conflict of interest move. But I had no choice. Decisions like this create conflicts. I am in a position that people can question my motives and intentions. I dont like this. (I only have one motive as most of you know)

1/6 trek formula functioned the same way , at least according to the current arrangement. I am no longer a fixed entity but a variable which means I can be replaced.

I might not able to produce the best figures. But I am sure I am the only one in this world who can make the BEST Trek figures.

My official last day is when I deliver Kirk and Spock re issue.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

How about I put it this way, the arrangement only separates the responsibilities.

I am way too involved in 1/6 trek that I am acting like an over protective parents. I have high expectation on everyone to keep 1/6 Trek alive. I am sure I yelled too loud when I saw problems, thereby creating difficulties for everyone.

Furthermore, making the needed body for Trek is a huge no-no in my opinion. I am very uncomfortable about this. It is an obvious conflict of interest move. But I had no choice. Decisions like this create conflicts. I am in a position that people can question my motives and intentions. I dont like this. (I only have one motive as most of you know)

1/6 trek formula functioned the same way , at least according to the current arrangement. I am no longer a fixed entity but a variable which means I can be replaced.

I might not able to produce the best figures. But I am sure I am the only one in this world who can make the BEST Trek figures.

My official last day is when I deliver Kirk and Spock re issue.

It was always a little confusing what your relationship was with QMx, as you seemed to have your own team and responsibilities to just go and create. And QMx would pick out what they wanted made from a purely business point of view.

If Newson is the manufacturer of QMx sixth scale, and you're working for Newson, things will carry on in a similar way to before? Only you'll have less direct control over your 'babies'?

It was always a little confusing what your relationship was with QMx, as you seemed to have your own team and responsibilities to just go and create. And QMx would pick out what wanted made from a purely business point of view.

If Newson is the manufacturer of QMx sixth scale, and you're working for Newson, things will carry on in a similar way to before? Only you'll have less direct control over your 'babies'?
I have no control or influential power on what to produce.

Newsom's previous involvements were just for business transaction. Most if not all companies have to deal with China through a jump board company in HK, and China companies have to deal with the outside world through HK.

That's why nothing change in operation, but changes in management.

My comments had very little weight anyway, so I dont see any different. I just dont have a paycheck every month that's all.

Last edited:
I have no control or influential power on what to produce.

That's why nothing change in operation, but changes in management.

My comments had very little weight anyway, so I dont see any different. I just dont have a paycheck every month that's all.

I think I'm starting to understand. Previously you were paid directly by QMx to manage the creation of figures, but now you'll be working directly for the company that produces them instead. So you'll still be involved with Trek and the other lines.

And we'll all still be at the mercy of QMx's decision making. :wink1:

Me too.... Looks like Nanjin peed Qmx management and staff off a bit. I wouldn't be surprised that Qmx let the license slip just like DST did ( though they have tried again just this year with Kirk Spock and Borg,)and Mezco, it's a notoriously difficult franchise to generate a big profit in the current Figures Market, and I can't see them bidding for another expensive extension of the license. They seem to prefer to.churn out low end low cost high profit plastic characateurs of DC Jk Rowling based and Marvel characters and then badges shame really they started out so well and I was impressed, but clearly overstretched and have lost their vision

Me too.... Looks like Nanjin peed Qmx management and staff off a bit...

I piss off a lot of people [emoji23] I am an ******* in many people's eyes.

Nevertheless, walking away from management is a freedom for me.

Note, no matter what happens. Keeping 1/6 Trek alive is still my prime directive. I will do anything in my whatever power I have to push as many Trek 1/6 out as possible.

This is why I am still interested in breathing oxygen [emoji4]

Just to clarify, the operation model that I mentioned a few months back regarding a specialized production facility just for Trek 1/6 with flexible production quantities and high speed production no longer possible under this arrangement.

I failed....again in this respect [emoji17] I was hoping to revolutionized the industry to drive the price down across the board and provide new jobs for some people. (I only think big).

I did figured a way to break HT high labor cost barrier, and was praised by some 1/6 old timers.
f45c04cef5ceff4be3c96bfbb90d9f33.jpg

I bow to your moxy and grumbar for at least trying. Passion and drive for a precious thing to people personally aren't always compatible with the less impassioned corporate entities these days and that's when innovation and excellence are stifled. I have seen QMXs lack of interest to its customers by not answering just basic questions these days so to me that will be their eventual downfall as we who supported them in the beginning are now out of faith. Good luck to you try and tow a little of the party line to deliver at least some of your dreams, I know it may sound defeatest and against your beliefs but sometimes capitulation may produce greater rewards no shame in sometimes stroking their egos for the benefit of the cause.

Will that thin body for the Spocks we already have be still available someday?
Yes. but as of now, I dont know if I will sell the body to anyone else but Trek friends.

I am a Trek geek, I want the benefits to be just for Trek [emoji4]

I would not let Trek injured in anyway when they were under my command.

Fuxk all Directives or instructions, 1/6 Trek protection always come first. The entire 1/6 production circle in the entire China know where I stood. Mess with QMx, you would be gone in 2 weeks.

[emoji1]

Last edited:
Yeah this is very very vague to me- seens Nanjin is working for the Chinese company that produces QMX's figures- so he has no say in what gets made but he oversees the production of the figures?

If anyone is interested, Game Stop has Sulu in stock for 179.99. I just received mine and it’s really an awesome figure!

Back