QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I'd like to know if we will this year get a release of upgraded Kirk and Spock again so those who that don't own them won't have to spend $500 plus each to get them

I just want new TNG. Riker looked great.
I am working really hard for the TNG friends. I have to work around the influence and constraints of the physical world and capitalism. I know how it feels to have only Picard....

I never leave the team behind, and I wont leave TNG behind.

However, let's be realistic, business is business, passion is passion, totally different agendas.

“Trek competes with Trek” will surely hurt each other, and in the worst case, kill one of the two. I strongly believe in this phenomenon. (human nature is natural)

I observed this for many years, and I believe I have a work around to ride this wave as in a perfect storm, and majority of the fans should be happy with this approach.

I will do my best with the available resources and opportunities under the current environment constraints...like squeezing out toothpaste [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

I think is $700+

...wait

Great news! I am trying to help someone who missed out on the first ones and this is great. It means I just need to help them get McCoy.

Nanjin, do you know if QMX is getting more McCoy’s in stock? Their site let me enter my email address to be notified but I am not sure if that means more are coming. I would prefer to buy it directly from them to help the line move instead of going to eBay.

One incredible craftsman has done work on this model:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6214TMDJf4

The video does have some good suggestions for improving the looks of the model in addition to the lighting and sound additions.

My skills are quite rudimentary. I'm hoping that it won't be too hard to make a passable Nomad to threaten our brave Starfleet crew.
There may be a 3D printed version available somewhere, I haven't looked, though.

Great news! I am trying to help someone who missed out on the first ones and this is great. It means I just need to help them get McCoy.

Nanjin, do you know if QMX is getting more McCoy’s in stock? Their site let me enter my email address to be notified but I am not sure if that means more are coming. I would prefer to buy it directly from them to help the line move instead of going to eBay.
I think QMx sold out.

One incredible craftsman has done work on this model:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6214TMDJf4

The video does have some good suggestions for improving the looks of the model in addition to the lighting and sound additions.

My skills are quite rudimentary. I'm hoping that it won't be too hard to make a passable Nomad to threaten our brave Starfleet crew.
There may be a 3D printed version available somewhere, I haven't looked, though.
It was done in a rush. It wasnt accurate to the actual nomad. It had 4 recorded tracks and lights flash according to the recording just like the real thing.
3db902ddf918e6e8dd61063b5fba5983.jpg

I am working really hard for the TNG friends. I have to work around the influence and constraints of the physical world and capitalism. I know how it feels to have only Picard....

I never leave the team behind, and I wont leave TNG behind.

However, let's be realistic, business is business, passion is passion, totally different agendas.

“Trek competes with Trek” will surely hurt each other, and in the worst case, kill one of the two. I strongly believe in this phenomenon. (human nature is natural)

I observed this for many years, and I believe I have a work around to ride this wave as in a perfect storm, and majority of the fans should be happy with this approach.

I will do my best with the available resources and opportunities under the current environment constraints...like squeezing out toothpaste [emoji4]

How is Kirk and Spock 3.0 coming along?

There are way too many series and characters in Trek universe. Under traditional merchandising tactics, going through 1 series by 1 series will take forever.

FYI, I am establishing a Trek figures production facility that are tailored to produce ANY Trek character as long as they have standard Starfleet uniforms. It will take at least 6 months to get it going. If I am able to execute my plan, each series of Trek will have a specialized tailor to take the lead in handling production. I can deliver 1 figure every 1.5 month from varies series. Then add special releases for characters that has less demand at a lower quantities, like Mirror Kirk/Sulu/Uhura. I hold the networking to accomplish this which I don't think any company in 1/6 can do in the past or even in the future. I also have commitment from 2 top paint shops and 4 tailors in 1/6 who are already waiting to beam aboard for the past 2.5 years. The number one head mold guy in 1/6 will also assist me in this Trek production line.

Every single Trek figure under my control will have improvement from its predecessor. Attitude determines the Best or just good as everyone else.

91952381-74e0-4f50-a453-0377635e0d06.jpgJy7LhZN.jpgJy7LhZN.jpgLc3zRRp.jpg

I would love a figure of Chakotay. Always loved his character.

Also, all these plans are great Nanjin but they have to be given the ok by QmX and they're what worries me.

I'm definitely loving the optimism, but I think I'd rather focus on getting the main characters first before delving into supporting characters and one-time guest stars. :D

Although now that I think of it, a Data and Lore two-pack would be pretty awesome.

I would love a figure of Chakotay. Always loved his character.

Also, all these plans are great Nanjin but they have to be given the ok by QmX and they're what worries me.
I believe they finally understand how 1/6 supposed to work.

Khan supposed to be a test of my theories, but was never followed through because I think most people think I am naive. I did it again with Scotty and proved that's how it supposed to work. Sulu will follow to reinforce this understanding. There will be some glitches, so please bare with me.

As long as there are realistic accomplishable clearly stated objectives that are measurable and adjustable then I believe is workable.

Because I came from teams that I created myself so I was having trouble to fit into their company culture. We have strong “us” and very little “I” attitude, talking to my subordinates have little differences then talking to me because we all know the same thing. Then there is this huge Culture differences between QMx HQ and the locals.

1/6 production is not buying a Double Cheese burger at McDonald's where you order and just pick up. we are buying hamburgers from 5 stars Michelin restaurants. We need a reservation in order to be served, and we have to dress nice.

So far, seems like things will work out. There are huge mess in production side (long term relationship not production qualities) that I need to clean up when I return to HK/China next week.

Sulu is around the corner. Uhura is about to be ready.

What's after TOS will be ICONIC. I can bet 1000 against your 100 that you will love what's coming [emoji4]

Nanjin, is there any hope for the First Contact uniforms for the Next Gen crew? After the TOS (which I will get them all), Red movie uniforms(get all of those too), the First Contact uniforms would next for me. I would even take just a uniform to redress my Picard.

Back