QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great to hear. Looking forward to seeing what's in store.
Trek fans and friends should be happy, including QMx and factories. Everyone will be happy. I can really make ALL Trek now [emoji868]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

This is great news! Looking forward to see what's ahead. Make it so!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good to hear that things are heading in the right direction. As HT's recent offerings leave me uninterested, i'm buying more from the other manufacturers.

Good to hear that things are heading in the right direction. As HT's recent offerings leave me uninterested, i'm buying more from the other manufacturers.
If you like Trek, then you will on a joy ride for at least 2 years beginning with Sulu and fly across the Alpha Quadrant in wrap speed [emoji16]

Watch me make history

If you like Trek, then you will on a joy ride for at least 2 years beginning with Sulu and fly across the Alpha Quadrant in wrap speed [emoji16]

Watch me make history

Your posts are making me feel like it's Christmas in February! Great news!

This is fantastic news, Nanjin. Looking forward to all Trek you can give us.
If I can do this for 10 years, i dont think anyone can stop me from making Trek figures because I have all the resources to make them except production rights.

This world functions realistically. Unrealistic geek like me has limited influence in the monetary world. It is natural phenomenon.

Therefore, in order for this production wheel to work, I still need to make X amount of volume to let it turn. Once it start turning, I might have a chance to over come the Trek vs Trek barrier and have control over production leverage.

This year is a regroup spearheading this “rolling” plan for it to run next year, while providing a continue timely releases that I believe every Trek 1/6 collectors will be in joy. Building a solid foundation so the rolling wheel kicks in smoothly in 2020. Everyone is happy.

But the most important part is for other Trek series fans to know so the wheel can turn faster and continuously. I will have to rely Trek friends on this part.

Last edited:
Schubert, I trust you completely. I am so glad you could solve your differences or misunderstandings with qmx and look forward to many more releases. Thank you for doing all of this for us fans, my friend!

I will have to rely Trek friends on this part.

I sincerely hope that I won't read as many "I won't buy it now because...." comments here in the future. We need to support Nanjin and the Trek line NOW so we will get what we always wanted in the near future!!!!!!

Nanjin you have my support! Super excited to hear this news although my wallet is getting scared. Any hints of the amount of figures we need to start budgeting for? Hopefully QMX issues a “roadmap” or game plan. I won’t get to bent out of shape if the plan shifts during the course of time but someone like me with a very limited hobby budget any kind of plan helps otherwise I get distracted by other figures because there are a lot great ones out there.

Last thing and kind of off topic, any way you can give a hint on if the Princess Bride line is doing well? Thanks Nanjin!

For the past couple of months I have been 3D printing a TOS bridge for my AA/DST 1/10 scale Trek figures. Hearing good news with the 1/6 I might need to switch back over to 1/6 again

That sounds so cool! I think I might have to sell my DST TWoK figures to make space for 1/6 but I would kill for some 1/6 scale TMP Era bridge consoles to make a proper display.

Ok, the bad parts are 95% iron out. Just some minor detailing needs some adjustment then I am ready to go back to HK/China. 95% of my proposal is accepted by QMx.

2019 will be a restructure time for 2020. Restructuring doesn't mean "wait." What we Trek friends want will begin to materialize from Sulu and forward.

QMx will announce the game plan in a few months. You guys won't be in the dark anymore. I strongly suggest Trek 1/6 interest parties to pay close attention on what's ahead. 2019 is going to me a good year. Things will move really fast from this point forward.

Sulu preorder begin really soon after the release of Scotty, Sulu will have really fast delivery, and Uhura is right after (weeks not years) Then "surprises" start to kick in after Uhura until the end of the year for another "HUGE" release. Anything that 1/6 Trek friends could think of, I already have them covered.

Trust me, please. Most of you know, I won't let you down basing on my past 10 years track record ;-)

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We might get four new Trek figures this year??

Schubert, I trust you completely. I am so glad you could solve your differences or misunderstandings with qmx and look forward to many more releases. Thank you for doing all of this for us fans, my friend!
Thank you. You are one of those friends who I have known me for at least 7~8 years. You know where i stand [emoji847]

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We might get four new Trek figures this year??
I wont disclose the answer but you WILL see drastic change in Trek releases. I didnt agree on everything, but the fundamental core direction is on track with what I believe to be the only way for 1/6 Trek to survive. This is most important. As long it lives, there will be opportunities to make it work. [emoji4]

I want the process of collecting 1/6 Trek to be fun, including the waiting time (can count in weeks).

The right amount of anticipation creates climax.

I want to see smiles [emoji847]

I was excited to get Scotty, slightly bummed when it appeared the TOS line (or any 1/6th Trek) might be drying up. Now I'm jazzed about the potential for more figures. In preparation for the arrival of (hopefully) many more of the TOS crew, I recently bought and just received yesterday two accessories that will fill out my 1/6th Star Trek environment:

A resin model of Nomad from the episode "The Changeling". I got it directly from Monsters in Motion. On first glance, the casting is a little rough, but it's a good start. I will have to figure out how to make the anti-gravity units and make a stand. Not sure if I want to try and do any lighting. There have been some amazing mods to this kit, including light and sound.

nomad-pieces.JPG

The second thing is a bridge chair that I got from Shapeways. It's very nice and seems to be the right scale. A little sanding, some paint...and we're in business. I had tried to modify a 1/6th tulip chair that I had gotten off of Ebay, with limited success. This is better. I don't think I could afford a whole bridge's worth, but again, it's a good start.

bridge-chair-unpainted.JPG

Tom

I was excited to get Scotty, slightly bummed when it appeared the TOS line (or any 1/6th Trek) might be drying up. Now I'm jazzed about the potential for more figures. In preparation for the arrival of (hopefully) many more of the TOS crew, I recently bought and just received yesterday two accessories that will fill out my 1/6th Star Trek environment:

A resin model of Nomad from the episode "The Changeling". I got it directly from Monsters in Motion. On first glance, the casting is a little rough, but it's a good start. I will have to figure out how to make the anti-gravity units and make a stand. Not sure if I want to try and do any lighting. There have been some amazing mods to this kit, including light and sound.

View attachment 443649

The second thing is a bridge chair that I got from Shapeways. It's very nice and seems to be the right scale. A little sanding, some paint...and we're in business. I had tried to modify a 1/6th tulip chair that I had gotten off of Ebay, with limited success. This is better. I don't think I could afford a whole bridge's worth, but again, it's a good start.

View attachment 443650

Tom
I am welcome to know if you have any idea of making Nomad as a piece of Nice looking merchandise....

That chair looks great. I'm still really hoping they'll include one with the Uhura figure, since it's such an obvious, must have accessory for her. Even if they have to go the cheaper route and make it from solid plastic instead of with leather cushions, I'd still take it.

I believe my friends (I dont see them as vendors) had achieved “Production looks better than Prototype” for me again [emoji847]

Scotty I'd good. You will see when people start receiving him.

The paint shop owner once looked me in the eyes and said he would handle all my orders personally. He lived up to his words [emoji16]
2ae1a37a83df4b409d9a0ef768ea0258.jpg

Last edited:
Back