QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'd be fine with the raised eyebrow too, as long as it was done in a natural way and not like we always see in action figures where one eyebrow is dramatically higher than the other.

e575469d5d67bac265ea5f9fd12bb49e~01.jpg

Although personally I'd love to see something more like this, with both eyebrows raised in that slightly surprised expression of his.

ac6c68cb2f7006652b55c5a1c6e44705~01.jpg

e4093e2294122b2f2ddd509c56c3c02b~01.jpg

They could do a multi pack of different Spock expressions. Maybe make that the exclusive or something. Kind like what DC did for the animated Batman and Joker.

They could do a multi pack of different Spock expressions. Maybe make that the exclusive or something. Kind like what DC did for the animated Batman and Joker.

There’s a Batman Animated line?!? Just kidding, along with this thread, that’s one of a handful of threads I regularly visit.

Hi everyone.
I am one of those holding out for TWOK.
Is it certain that TWOK won't be made in the short term?
Thanks,
m.

If they’re not going to produce the TWOK Kirk and Spock, I would love a chance to get the TOS versions. I loved the look of them, but I was holding out for the other ones since TWOK was the Trek I grew up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi everyone.
Thanks,
m.

Hard to say whether anything at all is certain with this company in particular but I would say that it is a safe bet that these figures will not be made in the short term. They were teased some time ago and QMX made it clear that figures that they show at shows will not necessarily be in production but are shown to gauge interest. They also made it fairly clear that we would more than likely not see any other Star Trek figures until they had released the entire Original Series crew first. So from a timeline standpoint in the past 3 years we have got Kirk, Spock, McCoy, with Scotty on the way here in year 4...

Thanks for that. The info is really helpful. I think for me, I’ll pick up TOS Kirk & Spock Re-release. Then, if they do the TWOK versions I can sell the TOS or keep both representations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi everyone.
Thanks,
m.

We can't know for sure but they've committed to completion of TOS first, possibly with a TMP Kirk for next Xmas. I would think Summer 2021 at the earliest but who knows?

Ok, so I know Sulu and Uhura are coming at some point. But has anything been confirmed about Chekov? It would be a shame to have the others without him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah a really early CG render of Checkov was shown a while ago, but not sure if there are any definitive plans to release him (beyond Nanjin's stated desire to release the entire TOS crew of course).

Yeah I think Chekov sculpt is at an early stage, although he seems to be part of the plan. Nanjin was hoping to get him ready this year but QMX may want to take a slower or alternative release schedule.

Goals and what actually happen are very different things. I will remain hopeful--as long as Nanjin remains involved in the development in some way. Otherwise beyond Scotty I am not too hopeful.

I think Uhura and Sulu will probably be released based upon what has already been shown. I imagine that Sulu will be next followed by Uhura based upon what has been seen once again. I could be a pessimist but I would expect Sulu next year at the earliest and Uhura late next year or early 2021. This is all based upon QMX history. I do not think there will be a Chekov. The character was not added until season 2 so maybe they are ok living with just releasing the "original" line up...

Post on Facebook suggests they're hoping to get Chekov through in 2019, with the possibility of a limited run Chapel in 2020. Great news if they can pull it off!

Back