QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TOS needs a green wrap Kirk.... TOS needs a fascinating Spock and a mirror Spock....

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Any chance if you did those, that those of us who already have the first run, could buy just the head sculpts, clothes and accessories as an upgrade pack instead of having to buy an entirely new figure?

TOS needs a green wrap Kirk.... TOS needs a fascinating Spock and a mirror Spock....

Amen! This is an all around win! People that already have the originals can add these to their collections or skip them if they prefer to do something else with their money...it's entirely up to them. My love of Trek is strong enough to definitely make room for multiple Kirks and Spock's...I like them more than the Joker or Iron Man. People who missed out will finally have a chance to add Kirk and Spock to their shelves...I think the only people who lose may be the folks asking for crazy amounts for the figures on EBay but I am more focused on wins for people who collect figures for the love of them versus profiteering on the secondary market. This is GREAT news...all upside!

Wonderful news Nanjing. I’m in for all of your work. Can’t wait for green wrap Kirk, TMP black outfit Spock, anything TWOK, Chris Pine something (I mean someone’s got to do at least one figure of him, right?), and, of course, that TOS Uhura in development looks pretty amazing too [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Asmus sells expansion packs quite often.

A uniform pack with multiple uniforms could work. Two redshirts, a blue, and a gold plus at least a red dress, although one of each colour would find use among fans. Boots might be a stretch though. I would have thought a redshirt pack (two male and one female) would scratch the most basic itch.

I would personally prefer that QMX sink their resources and time into getting as many 1/6 scale Star Trek figures out in the market as possible. There are always outlets like Toy Anxiety and EBay Sellers for folks that are interested in buying parted out figures.

Well, having missed out on the first TOS Kirk, I really would wish the Green Wrap Kirk will somehow include a gold tunic as Nanjin indicated earlier...or if not, at least find a loose gold tunic maybe via a trade here on the board.

Any chance if you did those, that those of us who already have the first run, could buy just the head sculpts, clothes and accessories as an upgrade pack instead of having to buy an entirely new figure?
That will be difficult. The only thing that will be reused is the communicator if the new Kirk and Spock move forward. BTW, the green wrap will look terrible in ABS articulated bodies instead of PVC.

That will be difficult. The only thing that will be reused is the communicator if the new Kirk and Spock move forward. BTW, the green wrap will look terrible in ABS articulated bodies instead of PVC.

Makes sense and I am not sure that a headsculpt, shirt upgrade accessory pack would be necessary or sell well. I cannot imagine Hot Toys selling Black Widow or Thor headsculpts each time a new Marvel movie is released. They release a new figure and it is up to the collector to decide whether or not they need another Black Widow in their collection or to sell the older one to make room for the newer one. Feels like the way it has always been.

Green wrap around Kirk with a Mirror Mirror uniform and boots would be great. Both need a full chest and not a black undershirt. Phaser, communicator would work with both. Add a dagger you have both covered

I love the sound of the ‘fascinating’ Spock (assuming this is a new portrait with a raised eyebrow) and a green-wrap Kirk.

Nanjin, can you tell us if the new headsculpts will be one piece with the neck (like our current Kirk and Spock figures), or will they have a socket hidden behind the jawline, connecting to separate neck piece?

I understand the iconic nature of the "fascinating" expression, but it's just lo limiting in display options. It's like the wind-swept ROTJ Luke head sculpt, it works only for one specific action.
You can't do a Vulcan nerve-pinch or fire a phaser with the "fascinating" expression, so it really limits one's options.
I would much rather have a better/revised Spock sculpt with his usual stern expression.

Back