QMx 1:6 Q &A - We want your questions!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No questions about the quality so far? Mmm... I'll be the first then.
I was very disappointed in two last figures I've got - Dean and Picard.

_

Other than the suit, Dean is a pretty bad figure for the price. Why was the headsculpt so plainly painted and why his accesories look like something I'd expect from a 2005 Sideshow figure that costed $50?

Picard is a disaster. The suit is bulky and looks awful when you pose the figure. The body is not suited for the character, the head is too big while the neck is too short. All of that feels really odd considering how solid TOS figures were. So, what went wrong?

I was afraid of that with Dean based on the photos I saw, I held off on purchasing this one even though I flipped when I heard they were doing Supernatural 1/6-scale figures.

1) Any chance QMX would consider releasing their own generic 1:6 body figure?

2) Any chance we can get unifom accessory packs? Companies like Battle Gear Toys have done very well solely offering high quality 1:6 outfits.

Leslie,_brent_and_hadley.jpg

3) Any consideration making TOS Klingons and/or aliens?

Last edited:
Taking in consideration how long take for them to actualy release a figure...think it will take some time for their replay...which probably be selective on the questions asked....hope not....but......

Any Plans or considerations for a Season 1 Dean Winchester from supernatural with the iconic leather jacket. the show has been around for over a decade and it would be awesome to have variations from different seasons, the brothers have changed so much so I would generally love a season 1 younger Dean to go with my current Qmx Dean, also when ever supernatural ends in the distant future I would also love to pair it with a final episode dean.

I know for me personal I would preorder any supernatural related 1/6 figure.

I have the same curiosity about the Firefly line as everyone else.
-- Still plans to continue it or are custom figures the only option now?
-- If the line isn't being continued, how much for the Jayne and Zoe figures that were on display at SDCC?

Dean has finally gone up for order, so how long are we going to have to wait for Sam?
Will the Supernatural line continue past the brothers (assuming Sam is actually being made) or was Castiel at SDCC last year just made for the display?

Are we going to get the entire ST: TOS crew? If not the entire crew, will any more cast members get made?

My questions:

Any news on the Wrath of Kahn figures?

Are you in design and development for any other Princess Bride figures? I would love to get the four main characters.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Is the Raylan Givens figure dead? Or, still coming? Any hope of a Boyd Crowder alongside?

SnakeDoc

I hope more 1/6 scale Star Trek figures will be available for order soon.

A variety of 1/6 uniform sets would be appreciated.

I would certainly buy all 1/6 aliens.

1) Any chance QMX would consider releasing their own generic 1:6 body figure?

2) Any chance we can get unifom accessory packs? Companies like Battle Gear Toys have done very well solely offering high quality 1:6 outfits.

View attachment 417382

3) Any consideration making TOS Klingons and/or aliens?

I asked one question on Facebook but ill gladly put more here:
-I want to know what's happening with that Galactica line too. I would love at least the Admiral Adama to be released if nothing else. I think if you put out a couple of the HUMAN Cylons(6 or 8 for sure), pilots(Starbuck, Apollo), and maybe one or two others(I want Col. Tigh. He's my favorite . and I want an eyepatch!) These would do well.
-I would be down for Buffy and Angel if you guys do them.
-I would love figures from Lost. I don't think that fandom is dead yet and its a beloved series.
-As far as Trek goes, have you guys considered letting fans straight up select a few characters. I remember a poll a few months back and it was clear people want Scotty, Uhura and Sulu but outside of that opinion is all over the place. Any way you guys might let us pick some of those other Trek characters to get made? Especially in cases like Deep Space Nine or Voyager where there is more of a risk? More polls or limited runs of certain characters would be welcome.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

If Discovery starts mixing in some more 'classic' aliens on the heels of the Saurians maybe mix and match aliens would be cool. You could pick head and hands and then a uniform of your choice.

I asked one question on Facebook but ill gladly put more here:
-I want to know what's happening with that Galactica line too. I would love at least the Admiral Adama to be released if nothing else. I think if you put out a couple of the HUMAN Cylons(6 or 8 for sure), pilots(Starbuck, Apollo), and maybe one or two others(I want Col. Tigh. He's my favorite . and I want an eyepatch!) These would do well.
-I would be down for Buffy and Angel if you guys do them.
-I would love figures from Lost. I don't think that fandom is dead yet and its a beloved series.
-As far as Trek goes, have you guys considered letting fans straight up select a few characters. I remember a poll a few months back and it was clear people want Scotty, Uhura and Sulu but outside of that opinion is all over the place. Any way you guys might let us pick some of those other Trek characters to get made? Especially in cases like Deep Space Nine or Voyager where there is more of a risk? More polls or limited runs of certain characters would be welcome.

Yes the Nu Galactica characters would make amazing 1/6 figures- what a classic show that still has a good fan base out there...

Any chance of using slimmer bodies for some figures, particularly the Trek ones? The bodies for Spock and McCoy were way too buff and broad-shouldered for those actors, and I'm sure will appear just as wrong for Sulu, Checkov and many others.

My only real gripe with the TOS figures released so far. The bodies for Spock and in particular, Bones, were way too buff for those characters. Will you be utilizing better proportioned bodies on future figures?

My only real gripe with the TOS figures released so far. The bodies for Spock and in particular, Bones, were way too buff for those characters. Will you be utilizing better proportioned bodies on future figures?

I'm not planning on doing body swaps any time soon but I think I'd prefer McCoy to be Kirk's height rather than Spock's. Most of the actors were within a few inches of each other except Nimoy, (and Majel Barrett compared to the other ladies). I'd be interested to know which body would be recommended to make McCoy shorter and skinnier that his hands will still fit.

This is why I couldn't bring myself to buy Bones. He just looked ridiculously too buff in every photo I saw of him. I almost did it many times to complete the trinity but I just couldn't.

I'm not planning on doing body swaps any time soon but I think I'd prefer McCoy to be Kirk's height rather than Spock's. Most of the actors were within a few inches of each other except Nimoy, (and Majel Barrett compared to the other ladies). I'd be interested to know which body would be recommended to make McCoy shorter and skinnier that his hands will still fit.

This is why I couldn't bring myself to buy Bones. He just looked ridiculously too buff in every photo I saw of him. I almost did it many times to complete the trinity but I just couldn't.

A bud of mine swapped the Kirk and Bones bodies out and it didn't look bad at all. In real life, Bones was a little bit taller than Kirk.

A bud of mine swapped the Kirk and Bones bodies out and it didn't look bad at all. In real life, Bones was a little bit taller than Kirk.

I think there was only about 4 inches between the heights of most of the main actors, with Nimoy being about 3 inches taller than Kelly. I think I can live with them all being the same height except Spock.

Did your friend just swap McCoy onto Kirk's body and vice versa?

Back