QMx 1:6 Q &A - We want your questions!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't expect them to answer anything as we are typing them. They didn't say it was a LIVE Q and A. I expect we'll get some kind of QA list thing compiled by them and answered at a later date. I expect it to be during that Vegas Con thing in early August they said they were going to.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

They just need to get into their heads that the Captains are gateway figures. They need to over produce them to account for a resurgence in demand when a new figure comes along. If they produce the figures in isolation they lose both the 'I might get Picard if Riker comes out crowd' as well as the, "I didn't know they made Picard, no point in buying Riker now," crowd. I think this is part of the reason these toy lines rarely get past the top tier.

Adding Spock or Kirk accessories to a secondary character might also help I suppose.

At the end of the day, QMx is a profit-making company. It's more of a gamble to put secondary characters into production or to do another run of sold-out figures hoping that the demand is there than to just not make any more. QMx should know that it has a potential market for other characters at least as big as their sales of Kirk and Spock--even if there are fewer new buyers because the older figures aren't available anymore. However, for some, Kirk and Spock may be enough, so a smaller production run of Scotty or Sulu would make sense if it's economical to do so.

All I know is that I want all of those Trek figures they're showing off (or have showed off previously and aren't anymore) and the lack of any new pre-orders is annoying.

My main question is: What Star Trek 1/6 figure is the next release, and when is it coming out?
Also, why not capitalize on the current tidal waive of female character/protagonist popularity and fast track a few female characters? (Seven, Jadzia, Janeway, Kira, UHURA, Michael, T’Pol, Troi, etc.)

From the pictures I saw, Raylan wasn't in the display case this time around. Seems noteworthy.

Only reason I've been following QMX is waiting for Raylan.

SnakeDoc

The fact they didn't make the change to Raylan's black suit jacket and continued showing him in the light grey, even after polling us as to which outfit we wanted, tells me they weren't really serious anymore about releasing him.

No raylan... No firefly. So much trek though. Disappointing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Why hasn't anyone from qmx confirmed or denied whether or not the firefly line is dead?! Andy used to come around and talk during the Mal thread right up to release.

Like I said in the other thread: since it's pretty unlikely we'll see anything regarding a "media push" for Firefly... the line may as well be considered dead. I hate when companies try to give people false hope. It's like the 66 Batmobile all over again.

I got the same answer from Dave. I’m considering the line dead and will go the custom route. Dave asked me if I’d pay crazy custom prices for the figures, and I told him “Yes, if you’re not going to make them.” We should have had half the crew by now.

Funny though, if another 3rd party company made any firefly qmx would come down on them in a heart beat. [emoji14]

Exactly. If a company buys the license but doesn’t produce figures for the line then they can’t complain when custom figures pop up.

It’s frustrating for them to show Jayne and Zoe last year then shut down the line until something gives them momentum to release another figure. What are we going to get? A figure for every 5 year anniversary of the show?

Exactly. If a company buys the license but doesn’t produce figures for the line then they can’t complain when custom figures pop up.

It’s frustrating for them to show Jayne and Zoe last year then shut down the line until something gives them momentum to release another figure. What are we going to get? A figure for every 5 year anniversary of the show?
They are going the route that makes money. There is labor of love for firefly via qmx.

Back