QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my stock of Exclusive Mals today and kept one for myself, very impressed! Including the old head was a nice bonus and the Lassiter Pistol is spot on. Very well tailored and nicely packed. I do however feel the base is a bit "Busy".

All being dispatched tomorrow :), I wasn't expecting them until tomorrow so was a nice bonus them all turning up today!

Looking forward to mine too. Thanks, Aaron.

I have the replacement body all ready and waiting. Took every ounce of willpower not to put it on my standard version! Will be worth the wait.

Mine came too. Thanks to Aaron at PAF :hi5:

Of course, it looks exactly the same as my non-exclusive, but with the extra gun. However, now I can finally get to fitting that body. Aaron, it's a VTS Hunter body, as recommended. Really does look far better when it's on.

Last edited:
Choosing between Jayne and Kaylee would be hard for me, but right now I guess Jayne would win (finished watching Chuck a month ago, and I need a 1:6 Adam Baldwin in my life ;) )

Both sounds like excellent choices if -hopefully- QMX is going to continue with the line, as they're usually ranked as the most popular characters after Mal.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 4 mediante Tapatalk

Kaylee and Mal are my must-haves, Jayne and River are maybes, and I'd love a Wash and Book but don't know that my funds will stretch that far. But I would kill for a Buffy line of this quality, especially Spike and Willow, and maybe characters like Oz, Xander and Giles that haven't been done well yet (looking at you Sideshow!). On another note, when my Mal finally arrives here in Australia, would anyone feel up to making a custom Caleb using the spare Mal head?

See Jayne and Zoe are a must for me then Kaylee, River, Wash, Book and then Dr

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Did some weathering (especially the Coat but also some other parts)

412403626.jpg

412403627.jpg

412403628.jpg

I can't imagine getting a couple characters and not the entire group. As long as I've waited for figures from this show, I'm getting every figure they release.

Qmx didn't even finish the little damn hero statues. Will they do the whole team in 1/6? Doubtful. We will get a handful for sure though.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

My Exclusive just arrived. :)

The box reminded me of Sideshow. Then I saw the stand, and I remembered that QMX had gone to a big unnamed company for help with their first 1/6 scale figure. Doesn't seem to be any doubt who that company was. The old sculpt is even reminiscent of an old style Sideshow as well.

But there's really no comparison between the original and updated sculpts.

Looks like an over all quality figure. Even has metal snaps on the shirt - something I miss with the current prevalence of those fragile plastic ones that break if you use them too often.

Mine came too. Thanks to Aaron at PAF :hi5:

Of course, it looks exactly the same as my non-exclusive, but with the extra gun. However, now I can finally get to fitting that body. Aaron, it's a VTS Hunter body, as recommended. Really does look far better when it's on.

Glad they arrived safe and sound, it is amazing how much better the new head is. Let's hope the whole crew come :)

I'm hoping for the whole crew as well, but I'd settle for an update on Jayne for now. :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I'm hoping for the whole crew as well, but I'd settle for an update on Jayne for now. :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

So would I, Jayne was my second favorite after Mal of course. I only watched Firefly for the first time last year. Cannot believe it got cancelled. I can imagine Jayne with his woolly hat!

Back