QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just scored a second Mal from a local convention. Only a $100! Such an awesome figure. I hope the line doesn't stop with this one. Now I feel like I can take a shot at weathering the coat, since I have a spare.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

No the bad one is the sculpt on the figure. The improved head is put in the package loose.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Got mine off evilBay for $127.95 with free ship. Seller now has them for $135....went ahead and grabbed another one to do some custom tweaking. Considering what is being put out for $225 and up...this figure is a steal.

Absolutely love this figure hope they continue and make Jane or Zoe....would be awesome.

Anyway my review is up....

Qmx just replied to my tweet.
42191a86120bcf57fc5b129fa39aeeab.jpg

Over here.

Great news, I was beginning to get worried they were moving on to Trek figures.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

A long time ago Andy posted a pic of Jayne. I hope it's Jayne and Zoe.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

All the figures come with both heads. If someone says they didn't get the improved head, they are probably mistaken.

It could be that some just comes with one head - the improved one. Believe it or not but mine came with just one (1 - I can count and the box isn't bit enough for it to get lost). And mine looks to be the improved one. I'm in the EU and got mine from a local retailler 2 weeks ago.

It could be that some just comes with one head - the improved one. Believe it or not but mine came with just one (1 - I can count and the box isn't bit enough for it to get lost). And mine looks to be the improved one. I'm in the EU and got mine from a local retailler 2 weeks ago.

That is true. I've asked about 10 eBay sellers before getting mine since I wanted both heads. All batches comes with the improved head, but not all of them has the "defective" head.

I gathered QMX only supplied two heads because it was simpler to drop the new one into the box than to change each and every one on the figure itself.

Andy also said that including both showed the improvements that had been made.

Seeing the first head I can't see how anyone would have any use for it. Unless you wanted a random head to wear a balaclava or support a helmet (if you could find a helmet big enough).

It would make an excellent Richard Castle custom, which is what I'm doing with it.

Back