QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! The wider shoulders definitely adds more presence, allows the coat to cling better and makes the head less bigger. The nasty gap between the neck and the body is also gone.

The body is only $15, and it's also very easy to swap- but be careful with the suspenders, you don't wanna exert them as they're fragile. That goes for the belt too.

Great advise.

Do you have a link to the body? Or is it one of the standard knock-off types from Ebay?

Here's a close up on how the water treatment does wonders for the overall look. Note how I tucked out some of the shirt on his stomach, simulating real fabric:

24830191904_94c7c917ea_c.jpg

25434607576_30d68419fa_c.jpg

Here's a close up on how the water treatment does wonders for the overall look. Note how I tucked out some of the shirt on his stomach, simulating real fabric:

Thanks for the tip on the Hunter body, Ryan. Mine came today from Ebay :duff

Sorry if I missed a meeting, but what's the "water treatment"?

Wet the shirt so it hangs better on the figure then let it dry. Ryan recommends removing the trousers and suspenders.

Hmm. Just got mine. I like it but I'm guessing the body having weak joints is a common issue? Feels a bit floppy.

Wet the shirt so it hangs better on the figure then let it dry. Ryan recommends removing the trousers and suspenders.

How do you get the coat back on without messing up the shirt again? Or does that get dunked too?

Sorry if I missed a meeting, but what's the "water treatment"?

Like Anx10us said, it's simply wetting the shirt and futzing it while it's drying. Don't do it with the suspenders on though.

Thanks for the tip on the Hunter body, Ryan. Mine came today from Ebay :duff

Wet the shirt so ithangs better on the figure then let it dry. Ryan recommends removing the trousers and suspenders.

Sweet! Any progress with the mods?

Hmm. Just got mine. I like it but I'm guessing the body having weak joints is a common issue? Feels a bit floppy.

The shoulder joints are movable, but incredibly stiff. After stripping the body, I can imagine that most people would not dare to lift up the arms since it feels like they could break, although that's not the case at all actually.

How do you get the coat back on without messing up the shirt again? Or does that get dunked too?

I wouldn't wet the coat! While not proven, the coat doesn't seem to be the kind to take to water.

To put back the coat, simply lift the arms backwards, put one thumb on the figures' abs (in order not to mess up the post-water treatment) and slide the coat back on. The hands should be removed prior but exercise caution when putting them back, as the wrist pegs are VERY fragile.

You'll probably end up inadvertently sliding up the sleeves while putting on the coat (unless you have tweezers) but that's irrelevant, since you just want the collar and front of the shirt to look good.

Yeah, mine has a really weak knee, but whatever. Still stands better than anything sideshow.

Just wanted to share some pics of the coat weathering job Jacob Rahmier did for me. Love it so much! It's really going to add a lot to the figure, I think.

Wow! That looks great, I can't wait to see it on the figure!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Back