QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pre-ordered Mal at CDUK for £138 delivered (earning about £3 in reward points).

I understand that in your case, but you were lucky getting him at that price. When I contacted CDUK, they said they could get me a Mal, but at £160. They have him advertised on there for £148, but out of stock. So, even if they still had stock at that reduced/advertised price, £7 for the exclusive, I'd be up for that. I like the extra item.

I would venture a guess that the Trek exclusive figures will not be as expensive as Mal, because if Planet Action Figures are the only UK retailer for them, they'll buy in bulk and supply cheaper. It looks like they've only bought 8 Malcolm Reynolds (if that stock indication is anything to go by).

A few ratailers had him at £140 with shipping on top, so around £150, but I missed them all. I was convinced on getting them direct from QMx. Been waiting 2 years, following their site, then BAM - Shipping fees!

Just a case of wait and see really.

But, I am definitely glad we now at least have the option to buy exclusives.

I equate it to having the Golden Fertility Idol with the HT Indiana Jones - the figure's on display, but the Idol lives in the box in the loft.

Really? I don't see it's the same at all - I'm going to have Mal holding the laser pistol.

Last edited:
So I just bought a body to replace the stock one (not that it's bad) but I figured it should look better since this one (the agent hunter body) had wider shoulders and slightly better proportions. I also did the water treatment to the shirt and it now sits MUCH more naturally. Here are some pics of the futzed figure along with the stock body:

Stock body (LEFT)
25337494921_40a2b7bc0a_c.jpg

24803746293_3d535b2159_c.jpg

25312112512_1426cdaf6e_c.jpg

Shiny! Make sure to do the water treatment too, MUCH better!

Thanks! It's the shoulders that's killing the look of the figure, they're too narrow and low, and the movements are quite restrictive.
How exactly did you do it? I've only soaked a LoTR outfit. Just hot water then set to dry.

Over here.

How exactly did you do it? I've only soaked a LoTR outfit. Just hot water then set to dry.

Over here.

No worries, it's unbelievably easy. Just wet the shirt and futz it while it's nearly fully dried, the collar is the biggest offender as it fluffs out unnaturally out of the box.

I'd take the pants off as a precaution though, don't want to ruin the suspenders and thin belt.

Very well done, Ryan :clap Looks much better.

I have the standard version, but will be making the same tweaks as you on the exclusive, when it arrives from Planet Action Figures.

Very well done, Ryan :clap Looks much better.

I have the standard version, but will be making the same tweaks as you on the exclusive, when it arrives from Planet Action Figures.

Thanks! The wider shoulders definitely adds more presence, allows the coat to cling better and makes the head less bigger. The nasty gap between the neck and the body is also gone.

The body is only $15, and it's also very easy to swap- but be careful with the suspenders, you don't wanna exert them as they're fragile. That goes for the belt too.

Back