QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't matter where you order this, you get the improved sculpt, right? I'm thinking about picking one up from ThinkGeek.

Correct, although you might not get the inferior sculpt. That's worth something if you want to make a Richard Castle custom. :lol

Correct, although you might not get the inferior sculpt. That's worth something if you want to make a Richard Castle custom. [emoji38]
Haha, fair enough. That's alright though, I try to stay to one of each actor on the shelf. What are your thoughts on the figure compared to HT? That's mainly what I'll display near it. Marf's approval of paint was very reassuring.

Haha, fair enough. That's alright though, I try to stay to one of each actor on the shelf. What are your thoughts on the figure compared to HT? That's mainly what I'll display near it. Marf's approval of paint was very reassuring.

Mine is on the way and should be here in less than two weeks, I'll be sure to post a detailed review here. I'm definitely giving my unbiased, honest review and plenty of pics. I have plenty of HT figures but my honest opinion is that they're not giving 100% on their figures anymore. Gone are the days of superbly realized figures like the DX09 or the Reeve Supes.

The overused age old saying of 'it's better in hand' really does apply to this figure, the paint app is superb and sculpt looks great (in hand) So glad I got this and refreshing getting something other than hot toys

uploadfromtaptalk1455154025264.jpgBad picture, awesome figure. Worth the wait.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Wow! I have to say, in comparison that new head changed everything.
The first one was a joke, and could have been your downfall QMX. Now that Trek line is on my mind.
Only recommendation from me, pegs for each of the hands.

Excellent figure, superb effort, well done.

Phew, after weeks of anxiety the figure just arrived few minutes ago. To sum it all up, here are some pics and the pros and cons:

Pros:
- Head and paint are excellent.
- Tailoring is top notch.
- Overall presence of is figure is certainly there.
- Brown coat feels REALLY nice, way better than pictures can show off.
- Free Richard Castle head.

Cons:
- Body feels a bit on the small side, and goramit, why are my arms REVERSED? :lol
- No proper gloved gun holding hand.
- The suspenders and the gun holster materials feels a bit on the fragile side.
- Not available for sale in South East Asia. Lord knows how much hassle I had to go trough to get this off eBay with tax circumvention because the Alliance, I mean my customs dept. are ruthless.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend the figure for any Browncoats. There are certainly room for improvement, particularly the body and the fragility of it all but this is an excellent start to a 1/6 Firefly collection.

25067771732_b915568326_c.jpg

24555371914_7161f8d75f_c.jpg

24890401680_ce1cbf70f1_c.jpg

24559215523_b1a3dffeae_c.jpg

Nice pictures and comments, Ryan. I'm now hesitating getting the standard version because I wanted the exclusive, but, like you, QMx make that impossible.

Nice pictures and comments, Ryan. I'm now hesitating getting the standard version because I wanted the exclusive, but, like you, QMx make that impossible.

Thanks! The Lassiter doesn't bother me that much, I'd rather save money one the shipping and taxes. :lol

Has anyone weathered up the coat yet?

I'll get a second coat soon just to have one a spare while I weather mine.

Nice shot! I've given up getting a good pic of him. He has fat head syndrome on camera and I just can't do it. And yes even with the new head. In hand though, absolutely nothing wrong with how he looks. Maybe he's a bit off for the resolution of the camera. It's weird, first toy to do that on me.

Just seen that Planet Action Figures are now getting exclusive Mal in the UK. At last! Saves me some money importing him directly from QMx.

A little while to wait, but well worth it IMO. HERE's the link, for any of us UK and Europe lot.

By the other Trek thread and his dealer one - it looks like Aaron, the owner, is going to stock Trek Exclusives too. Hope they're good prices.

So is the new head pretty much the standard one in boxes now?

I was looking to pick one up but I'm worried about which head it might come with.

So is the new head pretty much the standard one in boxes now?

I was looking to pick one up but I'm worried about which head it might come with.

All of the figures comes with the new head, but not all of them comes with the old, inferior head.

Just seen that Planet Action Figures are now getting exclusive Mal in the UK. At last! Saves me some money importing him directly from QMx.

A little while to wait, but well worth it IMO. HERE's the link, for any of us UK and Europe lot.

By the other Trek thread and his dealer one - it looks like Aaron, the owner, is going to stock Trek Exclusives too. Hope they're good prices.

Congrats! Get it now!

Back