QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked this up, being a Firefly fan it was pretty much a must buy but quite honestly I think it's overpriced. I'm having an issue with his left boot staying on, ugh.

Also I think I like the "extra" head better than the one that was on the figure. Anyone else?

That's a good thing :wink1:

I just got the one I pre-ordered in May of 2014. Of course, I also ordered one directly from Qmx when they got their "exclusive" version in. Still quite impressed. But I want the entire crew.

I'm seriously jonesing for the next figure :gah:

Have they announced any new members? I would be interested in the whole set if they did.

A sculpt of Jayne was shown a long time back pretty much towrds the beginning of the thread.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Received the v2 sculpt today from toyanxiety and man it's great. I had some parts from the custom I was putting together for the wife.

Just wanted to share these images for anyone else interested in adding the bullet hole to the coat.

Browncoat1.jpg

Browncoat2.jpg

Browncoat4.jpg

Browncoat5.jpg

These are all from the "Hero" coat (as far as I can tell), the most detailed version. There was also a "number 1" coat with a drawn-on bullet hole that does not match up with the hero coat exactly.

I'm going to re-watch a few episodes before I start. If I come across any good images I'll try to share them.

Just bought the Mal figure on the aftermarket for a slightly higher price on eBay, because the seller agreed to declare the figure at a lower value. Being in Asia, I will be mercilessly taxed so I had to opt for this instead,

I really do wish QMX would have an official reseller here because there are Browncoats here. I think..

Just bought the Mal figure on the aftermarket for a slightly higher price on eBay, because the seller agreed to declare the figure at a lower value. Being in Asia, I will be mercilessly taxed so I had to opt for this instead,

I really do wish QMX would have an official reseller here because there are Browncoats here. I think..

I did the exact same thing and bought one through eBay from the US (I live in Greece).

I got this guy a couple of weeks ago, but never had much time to mess around with him. I seem to have the same problem that some others experienced where his arms won't rotate forwards. I think I'll put him on an HT body, that my custom used. Anyhow, I love this figure. the paint on the head is spectacular. I like how soft the coat is, the custom coat from few years back was really stiff and would never lie on him properly. I gave up on my customs, when QMX announced they had this license, so I hope they will continue with this line.

Here's a pic with my half finished custom crew:

IMG_5791_zpsb2rk0hkm.jpg

And one pic with my custom Mal. It's funny how back in the day the custom sculpt seemed perfect and yet this new sculpts improves on that one greatly, plus tha paint on QMX's head is miles better than my own paint-up.
IMG_5795_zpsu8q1qllt.jpg

Killer crew you have there. They all look great, but it is a shame that they may all become obsolete. It really gets ya when you spend so much time and effort on something and then something better comes along (sometimes as soon as you finish).

First time poster here!

I preordered Mal mid 2015 from an Australian retailer, and I've tried for over a month to find out when it will finally come in, but to no avail. I recently checked in with another company that apparently has the same supplier, and I've been told that their shipment has been delayed, and won't be ready until at least April.

I've seen comments suggesting that buying from an authorised reseller is a way around the exorbitant shipping costs for this side of the world, so I was wondering if there's any information on why they haven't received their shipments when the presence of preorders indicated a demand for the product.

First time poster here!

I preordered Mal mid 2015 from an Australian retailer, and I've tried for over a month to find out when it will finally come in, but to no avail. I recently checked in with another company that apparently has the same supplier, and I've been told that their shipment has been delayed, and won't be ready until at least April.

I've seen comments suggesting that buying from an authorised reseller is a way around the exorbitant shipping costs for this side of the world, so I was wondering if there's any information on why they haven't received their shipments when the presence of preorders indicated a demand for the product.

I don't have answers to your question but as far as I'm aware, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong- I don't see any QMX resellers outside the west, which was way I resorted to eBay for mine.

Personally, I'm trepedatious on the future releases as getting Mal alone was a colossal pain in the butt so I don't think I could pull it off with 8 more figures. :(

I don't have answers to your question but as far as I'm aware, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong- I don't see any QMX resellers outside the west, which was way I resorted to eBay for mine.

Personally, I'm trepedatious on the future releases as getting Mal alone was a colossal pain in the butt so I don't think I could pull it off with 8 more figures. :(

Nah you're probably right. I just thought there might be some info about when it'll hit our shores, especially with so many different places offering it for preorder (Popcultcha, MightyApe, Gametraders etc)

Back