QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe me, we are every bit as frustrated with the cost of shipping as you are. Because we don't aggressively markup our products, we have to charge what we get charged for shipping. Doesn't seem to matter how much we ship overseas, the prices keep going up.

We do have an extensive network of resellers in Europe, especially in the UK - Gear4games and Forbidden Planet to name two. But our European dealers did not order a lot of Mals and our understanding is, if you didn't preorder, you probably won't see Mal is stock in the EU in many places.

The principal reason is they don't believe there's a market for Firefly in their areas. One sure way to fix this is to call or visit your local collectibles shop, tell them how much you love Firefly and let them know if they stock the goodies you're looking for, you'll buy it from them.

Enough people do this and I think for the next release the stock situation in Europe will be much better.

Just my two cents :)

Thanks for the info Andy, yeah firefly isn't/wasn't massive over here. I have actually asked a uk retailer (goodbadandtherobots) to see if they could get them in. The figure looks great so I'll get it one way or another

Hey Andy, are there any QMX resellers in South East Asia? I'm from Malaysia and the economy and tax rates are the worst in the world. Getting the Mal figure locally would be a dream come true! Thanks!

Space cowboys. He turned out great! And boy, the second head was FAR superior to the original one, so kudos for fixing that.

Attachments

• IMAG4717.jpg
    IMAG4717.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 290
QMxAndy - would you guys consider separate accessory packs for this figure?

BCS have done something similar by selling 2nd heads as a stand alone product on the Doctor Who figures.
I think Mal's head is perfect and a separate one would be unnecessary but something like:

1 x grey shirt
1 x blue shirt
1 x shogun
2 x shotgun holding hands (left and right)
1 x glove trigger hand for pistol

I'm sure a lot people would be up for some Mal additions.

Also, any plans for an alternate 2nd version of Mal in the Serenity movie costume?

I'd rather see them get out the WHOLE crew before they start considering accessory packs for just one character.

haha well yeah ...the crew would be nice .... as would the Serenity cockpit !!
But they will all take a TON of time. The little accessory pack I listed could be done extremely quickly for some quick sale on their end and some quick buys for us.

Hey folks - seems like by now most of you have gotten your Mal (if you ordered directly from QMx, you should definitely have yours in hand). So, we're interested in hearing your feedback:

- What did you think of Mal and his value overall?
- What things do you like the most about Mal?
- What things do we need to do better on next time?

And yes, you can take from that there will be a next time. We're just keeping everything on the down low for now as we're a big fan of not repeating our mistakes (like talking about something before we're really sure it's done).

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
I've had my figure for several weeks now. My problem is although I received a card stating there was an extra head, there was no extra head. The response from QMX? Try to find someone who is selling the second head and get it that way!!! Unresponsive to emails and some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced....but at least I have that giant pumpkin head that was attached to the figure to fall back on!!! Unbelievable!!!

I've had my figure for several weeks now. My problem is although I received a card stating there was an extra head, there was no extra head. The response from QMX? Try to find someone who is selling the second head and get it that way!!! Unresponsive to emails and some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced....but at least I have that giant pumpkin head that was attached to the figure to fall back on!!! Unbelievable!!!

Did you buy from QMX?

Hi Drew - that absolutely is NOT how we do things. I've talked to customer service and what I understand is you reported the missing head and you were offered a full return on the spot. As we currently have just enough heads to cover the initial allocation, that's really the only way we have to deal with a product you're not happy with.

You have since been in contact with CS almost every day. And my understanding is as you were unwilling to send back your Mal, if you'd be willing to wait a couple more weeks once all the packouts on the Mal head are done, we would send you a head if any were left.

Just so you know, every Mal that's gone out the door has been hand-packed and inspected by a member of the QMx team, myself included. We take the quality of the product and customer service very seriously.

That's about what I figured. I had an issue with my Mal and QMX offered to replace the figure after a return. I opted to fix it myself but they were ready and willing to replace it.

I was confused by the original post and glad to see your response. How close are we to the reveal of the next crew member?

Hi Drew - that absolutely is NOT how we do things. I've talked to customer service and what I understand is you reported the missing head and you were offered a full return on the spot. As we currently have just enough heads to cover the initial allocation, that's really the only way we have to deal with a product you're not happy with.

You have since been in contact with CS almost every day. And my understanding is as you were unwilling to send back your Mal, if you'd be willing to wait a couple more weeks once all the packouts on the Mal head are done, we would send you a head if any were left.

Just so you know, every Mal that's gone out the door has been hand-packed and inspected by a member of the QMx team, myself included. We take the quality of the product and customer service very seriously.

Here is the email I received. It offers a refund but no offer to replace the item. And for the record I've sent a handful of messages and certainly have not been emailing QMX on a daily basis.
Hi Drew,

I apologize for the delayed response; things have been pretty hectic around here the last few days. Unfortunately, I've been advised that we do not have any extra parts available for the Firefly Malcolm Reynolds 1:6 Scale Articulated Figure. Depending on your preference, you have a couple of options. One of our authorized resellers, Toy Anxiety, carries spare parts that you can purchase from them directly. Alternately, we can open an RMA for you in our system and process a full return and refund for you. If you'd like to process a return, please let me know and I'll set it up in our system for you. If you have any further questions or concerns, now or in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me anytime.

Best regards

Yeah, that email clearly makes it sound like his options are either send back your product for a full refund (no product replacement) or buy what parts you need from TA. Sounds like a big misunderstanding, and QMX will make it right.

Yeah, that email clearly makes it sound like his options are either send back your product for a full refund (no product replacement) or buy what parts you need from TA. Sounds like a big misunderstanding, and QMX will make it right.
The real rub for me is returning the product and getting a new one means I go to the trouble and expense of shipping the item, QMX goes to the trouble and expense of shipping me a complete new figure, and at the end of it all they are stuck with an item that has been unpacked and shipped twice that is still missing the alternate head. It just seems to make more sense to send me the missing head all by it's lonesome.

The real rub for me is returning the product and getting a new one means I go to the trouble and expense of shipping the item, QMX goes to the trouble and expense of shipping me a complete new figure, and at the end of it all they are stuck with an item that has been unpacked and shipped twice that is still missing the alternate head. It just seems to make more sense to send me the missing head all by it's lonesome.

He clearly said they don't have any extra heads currently. The email you got says they will process a return for you, doesn't say they will replace it with another one. If they don't have one to give you there isn't really anything they can do except refund you.

He clearly said they don't have any extra heads currently. The email you got says they will process a return for you, doesn't say they will replace it with another one. If they don't have one to give you there isn't really anything they can do except refund you.

That's not what he said. He said they ordered enough for the stock they had. If there wasn't one in the figure mentioned above, when they are done packing them all, they should have at least one left over.
But, he also said they inspected each one by hand before shipping. So there is a disconnect somewhere in the chain.

Back