QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overall I thought Mal was great, definitely worth the price. My only quibble with it is he seems rather lonely on my shelf without his crew :rotfl

Looking forward I hope you package Jayne with Vera, and Wash with his dinosaurs and Hawaiian shirt.

I have to agree with just about everything everyone said here. It's an awesome figure. Good price point. Excellent likeness and head sculpt paint job. Well-made clothing and accessories. The stand is a little "busy" and I'm scared to even touch that belt. My biggest disappointments are the body/neck line and the lack of a gloved pistol-gripping hand. Oh, and you need to hide the shirt snaps a little better. But, I'm not complaining. I'm glad I waited this out for 18+ months, and I'm definitely in for the entire Serenity crew.

Received Mal last week, great figure. I'll echo everything that has already been said. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the crew (the WHOLE crew, not just Jayne and Zoe, please).

If QMX ever get into 1/6 environments it would be awesome to have a chair/control panel to put those dinosaurs on...

This!

I'd totally be in for that. (But it would need to fit inside a Detolf for me to bite.)

My ideal set-up would have Wash at the controls, and Mal and Zoe standing nearby. Something like this picture, only with slightly more dynamic posing and, you know, a visible helm control console:

Wash-Mal-and-Zoe-on-the-Bridge-of-Serenity.jpg

Agree on all comments above. Love that you made Mal! A couple of other thoughts:

1. I would suggest using a body with neck, and having the head neckless. You can see the gap between his head and body right now.

2. Making his belt a bit thicker

Thank you for asking and entertaining our OCD tendencies to perfectly screen accurate figures!

Please, no! The heads with neck always look better, unless you're having a character with exposed chest. I don't believe any other male characters in this line would need to be neckless. Maybe Jayne, if you're going with a muscle body.

We're required to charge tax in California, Florida and Pennsylvania because we have offices in those states. The rest of the states don't have to pay sales tax.

I had no idea I got charged sales tax. Of all the places, why would you have an office in PA?

I had no idea I got charged sales tax. Of all the places, why would you have an office in PA?

Because we have an awesome print shop in PA that's been part of the company since we started (which will be 10 years this October!!) QMx actually has a pretty robust print business and we try to keep as many manufacturing jobs stateside as possible.

Because we have an awesome print shop in PA that's been part of the company since we started (which will be 10 years this October!!) QMx actually has a pretty robust print business and we try to keep as many manufacturing jobs stateside as possible.
The map of the verse!

Over here.

Good to know. The more I learn about you guys, the more I like you.

My only issues--the clasps on the coat and the belt look like they're made from Photo Etch, and very fragile, so it'd be nice to get something stronger--might be cheap enough for small parts like that to 3D print them in brass.
And then the other thing was the lack of the gloved trigger hand

Gotta love that tax system in the US. Wouldn't it just be easier to have the same tax % in every state so you wouldn't have all this avoiding buying from certain companies because you'd have to pay tax on it?

If QMX ever get into 1/6 environments it would be awesome to have a chair/control panel to put those dinosaurs on...

Yeah exactly like Hot Toys Millennium Falcon cockpit piece they are doing.
A Serenity one would be amazing.

Gotta love that tax system in the US. Wouldn't it just be easier to have the same tax % in every state so you wouldn't have all this avoiding buying from certain companies because you'd have to pay tax on it?

It would, but then the US government would just find another way to screw hard working people out of their money. Those idiots in Washington can't seem to spend enough.

Back