QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That might be a bit harsh. Obviously if that IS the final figure it might be worth getting pissed over, but right now I think we have enough information to at least be somewhat optimistic. And other 1/6 companies usually take their sweet time responding to questions as well (if they ever do), so I'm not going to hold that against QMX too much.

Of course it is the final release. Having a good production figure under plastic while showing the masses a crappy looking proto would be so stupid that I can't even imagine that level of stupidity. Did the Qmx people a the con have to pay for the figure themselves if they opened the box so they decided not to?

Dealers and potential customers seeing it probably started to try to come up with ways to back away from their orders within minutes after seeing it, so not smart showing a bad proto. :slap

More likely that's the good proto in the plastic (perhaps they only had one production figure) and perhaps even in the teaser picture with the box.

QMX is really really hurting their stance with the collector community by maintaining radio silence as much as they have been lately. They need to recognize that his license is one of the most protected in geekdom.

1. They display an amazing prototype.
2. Price point released
3. Not long after price point changes to higher due to "miscommunication"
4. Regular updates from QMXAndy
5. They break the bad news that the factory they were using wasn't turning out an up-to-par product so they were going with someone else and it would cause significant delays.
6. Radio silence commences
7. Displays a horrible product that looks like a 1970 eras GI Joe.
8. Radio silence continues
9. Takes to twitter to say that is the final production piece
10. ****ery continues.

My thinking is they weren't going to turn a product with the higher quality production factory. I think this is solid theory due to the change in price, the first production company had a great product... then nothing, no news except the change in factory... then the ****ery production piece we were given.

This is going to seriously damage their standing. Customer service is vital in this day and age... the day and age of entitlement. Do I feel entitled? HELL YES. When you ask us to drop this kind of coin on what boils down to trivial purchases then yeah, I feel entitled to regular communication.

NECA, Mattel and other companies that produce on a larger scale, sure, but lower quality product have more communication.

They know they dropped the ball. QMXAndy is hiding from us, that is what is going on.

What if the SDCC was the production piece from other factory while they are still waiting on new production pieces to be shipped? I mean sure everyone has their conclusions but has anyone heard officially they have new stock from the new factory?

And js my fiancée a big Firefly fan so I'm waiting out on pics as well of in hand rather than bs protos.

QMX mentioned on Twitter it is the production piece

And sideshow customer service denies revealing info on new stuff or anything. QMX no different they have PR guys who say things the boss wants until the boss okays his thoughts. What they want imo is for everyone to believe they have new factory production but in reality they still have the old factory atm so not to worry about the fans and customers and ****ing up quarter release again; they playing poker waiting for new shipment to be close to release date.

These contradictory statements are all the more reason to wait for in-hand pics. Definitely cancelling the PO until that happens.

This is a crazy series of events unfolding. I didn't like what I saw at SDCC though. I know there's a lot of hype with this one. Normally, QMx is top notch. Hopefully, this is just all a misunderstanding - they'll get their "act" together and turn out an awesome product as usual.

And sideshow customer service denies revealing info on new stuff or anything. QMX no different they have PR guys who say things the boss wants until the boss okays his thoughts.
Well I think SSC has gone the direction of "don't tell people anything substantive" and so they rarely seem contradictory or to have misled. QmX may have made a mistake not taking their lead here. Remember all the Q&A's Sideshow used to have? I can't remember the last time they posted one of those.

They've never done 1/6 figures though, so I see it being a real learning curve for them.

I've only purchased a couple of cheap items from them, like posters, in the past. Their replica items have been outstanding, but the prices are very high, so you'd have to be a very big fan to purchase them.

I'm a very big BSG fan and would love 1/6 figures from that series. I was hoping this Firefly line would be a great success and it would give them the opportunity to branch out into other licenses that they carry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They've never done 1/6 figures though, so I see it being a real learning curve for them.

I've only purchased a couple of cheap items from them, like posters, in the past. Their replica items have been outstanding, but the prices are very high, so you'd have to be a very big fan to purchase them.

I'm a very big BSG fan and would love 1/6 figures from that series. I was hoping this Firefly line would be a great success and it would give them the opportunity to branch out into other licenses that they carry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you ever pick up the plush stake from Buffy that they sold?

Man, if this figure does come out terrible, wish we can commission Trevor to give us a head sculpt that would be in proportion to this body. His last one that was offered was a bit over sized.

Even if the figure does come out alright, I'd still love to get a Mal sculpt by Trevor that had a slightly more serious expression, a bit like this:

dsag.JPG

Really hope this turns out like we all hoped it would, prototype was amazing. Here is hoping that the recent pics are not the final figure, otherwise is will be a definite cancellation for me.

This whole not hearing anything is giving me a really bad feeling.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back