QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody knows that the production piece always looks worse than the proto, even QMx, thus the delays. This ended up looking cheap. I know the clothes probably need futzed with, but the coat looks stiff and the cuffs are really bulky. Definitely seems like they did not use the same quality materials. The coat is a big part of the whole figure........and of course the head. I have no explanation for that.
View attachment 196227View attachment 196228

Hoo boy... QMX really dropped the ball on this. Everything else looks good, but why in the world did they increase the size of the head like that...

I feel for QMX here. I'm sure they realize how it looks, and wish it wasn't so. But non-Hong Kong-based companies trying to work with those factories seem to encounter production problems like this. But at the end of the day, I pre-ordered expecting a quality product, based on the prototype and words from QMX's rep. here on the boards. If it looks like the figure on display at SDCC, I'll take my money elsewhere.

Re: QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds (1st page updated with hi-res photos)

Hey guys - Andy from QMx here. Saw all the great comments and just wanted to thank you all for the kind words. We've worked really hard on Mal as it's really important to us to get him right. You guys are the experts, so if you like what you're seeing, then that's just about the highest compliment we could hope for.
Going to try and PM him here. Already did on Facebook.

Re: QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds (1st page updated with hi-res photos)

Going to try and PM him here. Already did on Facebook.

It looks like he hasn't been on since Christmas.

So SDCC is over and no one talked with the people at the QMX both about this?

What you're seeing is what was there.

sdcc2015_qmx_24.jpg

A few more photos in my coverage, along with Picard (and other Qmx Firefly stuff). Colors are washed out (as is the face) by the very bright light they had pointing at it, but the proportions are what you see.

2015 San Diego Comic-Con (SDCC) Photo Coverage for Quantum Mechanix (Qmx)

Figures should be on a boat in the next couple weeks.

Never thought i'd be saying this................ but that head sculpt is workable.

I think the size is not helped by the pants.

Yeah I'm kinda feeling the same way. I really want a 1/6 Mal on my shelf, and unfortunately this still looks like the best option out there. I'll just have to take a stab at doing my own headsculpt I guess, or try to shrink down the existing one to the right proportions (it really needs a repaint anyway, so you wouldn't be losing much there).

Hmm seems Sideshow isn't the only one with QC issues in big head and altered department. So how much to put a plastic manufacturer back in America? :lol I here Kenner's old warehouse still there wonder if injection molding in USA would be better.

Hmm after reviewing the figure, what are the chances someone put their custom at SDCC and stole the proto?

Back