Pursuit of Cobra - Hasbro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper33

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just so all you Hasbro collectors know, the new wave of pursuit of cobra figures are up and out at Toys R Us. Store only had a few of the Exclusive Spirit figures, and about a case of the normal figures. Today there was only Duke, Cobra, and another 1 or 2 figures.

Checked the computer to see if there were any cases in the back, and when I went on break I went and grabbed it from the back. There are some pretty neat looking characters in this series, was gonna get the one guy that had some alien like helmet but passed for now.

100_2911.jpg

The metallic is really nice looking on the figure.

I picked up all the wave except Snow Job and the Alley Viper today. Pretty happy with all of them...Duke is a little iffy, but still a decent figure. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow kick all sorts of ass.

I picked up all the wave except Snow Job and the Alley Viper today. Pretty happy with all of them...Duke is a little iffy, but still a decent figure. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow kick all sorts of ass.

Snake Eyes didn't look all to great from what I saw on him. Storm Shadow looks just like the RoC Shadow with some adjustments. Yeah Duke is iffy, but I just wanted him for some parts.

Looks like bootleg knockoffs.

Some do seem like that, others actually look pretty decent though. I prob won't get all into the line since I haven't really been into Joe's since I was little. But the every so often figure now and then is bought.

I agree, these figures really are just PoC! :lol

You mean RoC right?

Aside from the crappy RoC repainted CC, the rest of the line is looking great. Beachhead and Firefly are on the top of my list of figures to get once I see them. They look to be some of the best new Joe work in years! Hopefully we see less RoC reuse and more original stuff coming out :rock

Aside from the crappy RoC repainted CC, the rest of the line is looking great. Beachhead and Firefly are on the top of my list of figures to get once I see them. They look to be some of the best new Joe work in years! Hopefully we see less RoC reuse and more original stuff coming out :rock

Why'd you delete my post? :lol You don't think Duke looks like his design was heavily influenced by MGS?

:tap There must be a deleting fairy here then. :lol

Anyway, I just put that I'd LOL'd after seeing Duke in TRU today, because, again, he looks like Snake. I'd be curious to read why they went that route with him.

Because he's technically "Jungle Assault" Duke. On the back of the card, they have the little mini-stories for the characters. Jungle Assault Duke, Desert Assault Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow/Cobra Commander, City Strike Beachhead/Firefly, etc. My guess is that, like the TRU exclusive Spirit, which is basically Billy from Predator, he's supposed to be an homage? Maybe?

After a little more time spent with the figs, I'm really digging them even more. I dunno, I've never really been a strict adherent to designs or whatever, despite pretty much being obsessed with Joes since I was 6. I've been blessed with a fairly open mind when it comes to the property so, as long as they don't go back to the Space Battles or whatever route, I'll give anything a chance. Most of the designs for these new figs are awesome, and the amount of accessories makes for great fun. I even like the red Cobra packaging for the Commander, though I am glad that it's a one-shot chase type of deal for the first wave.

Back