Pursuit of Cobra - Hasbro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could find more than Dukes now. I'd love a Firefly. I almost got a Storm Shadow today but then I looked closer at him and saw he is just a glorified RoC final Battle Storm Shadow. Same crappy pants and sneakers and I'm sure same bare torso. Just a new head and accessories. Plus the card art looks a lot like movie SS. What makes it worse is the fold out paper that has pics of the entire wave shows this new SS with different legs. More traditonal SS with leg wrapings. What the heck!?

I thought we were done with RoC Hasbro :tap

I'm Ok with the new CC as he is a 'chase' from what I've heard. Only way to get that sorry sculpt to sell again I guess :lol

I've only opened Firefly so far, but he is an outstanding figure with tons of equipment and accessories. Amazing sculpt, too. One of the best Joe figures ever, IMO.

4858899516_a44b3c82b5_b.jpg

4858277219_af7f4c9578_b.jpg

I think the Alley-Viper looks better than Firefly, don't get me wrong they are both very cool figures being my favorite named Cobra and trooper but the Alley-Viper is just so cool because he can look like the original with out the horrible orange and purple camo or by swapping his helmet you have a Resolute Alley-Viper.

So far, i've picked up:

Doom Cycle w/Storm Rider
HISS Tank w/Driver
Cobra Deviant w/Cyber Viper
Steel Marauder w/Kickstart
Firefly
Alley Viper
Beachhead

Totally loving this line!! :rock

Looks like a pretty kickass figure. But as Firefly...:monkey4 Looks more like an Alley Viper.

yah, with that head he just needs a grey shield to be some kind of alley viper/shock troop. as a figure he is all kinds of awesome. the amount of detail and gear on firefly, the alley viper and beachhead is amazing. gear, sculpt and, most importantly imo, articulation are all top notch. i think beachhead comes with something like 10 or 11 pieces of gear for 6.99...vest, knives, pistol, mgs, etc. the few that i have picked up so far are very solid, very rugged with tons of playability.

I found an alley viper and Cobra Commander at TRU today. Still no Firefly. I find the 'chase' CC and no Firefly! It must have gone to a true Joe fan and not a scalper :lol

I have to admit the new CC does look a lot better in person and a lot better than what was in the movie. Had he had this chrome mask and his jacket buttoned up, it wouldn't have been too bad. It would have just been his helmeted mask with some details basically and a generic black bad-guy outfit. Not really sure why he has a red torso though :confused:

The hunt for Firefly continues...

I've only opened Firefly so far, but he is an outstanding figure with tons of equipment and accessories. Amazing sculpt, too. One of the best Joe figures ever, IMO.

4858899516_a44b3c82b5_b.jpg

4858277219_af7f4c9578_b.jpg

Which Predator is that? :lol

:lol No kidding.

I'm starting to get/dig this line. Each of the figures is supposed to be outfitted for a specific environment, hense why Duke is so strange looking. I'm assuming Firefly is for an urban environment, hense all of his body armor. But still, isn't his classic outfit urban camo anyway? I guess this is more "Plan B" Firefly when he has to fight head-on instead of sneaky.

EDIT: Firefly now obtained! Found him at a different Targer :rock

Last edited:
:lol No kidding.

I'm starting to get/dig this line. Each of the figures is supposed to be outfitted for a specific environment, hense why Duke is so strange looking. I'm assuming Firefly is for an urban environment, hense all of his body armor. But still, isn't his classic outfit urban camo anyway? I guess this is more "Plan B" Firefly when he has to fight head-on instead of sneaky.

EDIT: Firefly now obtained! Found him at a different Targer :rock

grats! he is a cool figure.

I seriously think they are going for a Predator vibe in this first series - Firefly is the Predator, Duke is Dutch and Spirit is Billy!

Here are some Beachhead shots:

4862021260_8fdab21822_b.jpg

4862022436_e761174880_b.jpg

So I decided to pick up Snow Job today and holy crap does he come with a ton of gear. Most of these guys already come with a ton of stuff, but Snow Job is freaking loaded!

Skis
Ski Poles
backpack w/ moveable radio antenna
phone
gas can
blanket
rifle
and 2 more things I don't even really know what they are

And they all can attach to the backpack! So he has all of his accessories on his pack, in his hands, or on his feet! :google

Very impressed with im, despite his RoC snow suit body. And the goggles don't seem to be removable, but his crapload of gear makes up for it.

And I swear Firefly is the hardest to find figure in the wave. I went to this target today that had restocked since yesterday and Firelfy was the only figure missing. I've seen the 'chase' Cobra Commander 3 times now and only 1 Firefly. So if you see Firefly and think you might want him, grab him because he won't be there when you go back!

Yeah, Snow Job is sweet. I picked him up from a Chinese seller before they hit shelves here.

I gotta say, there's something about this line that I really, really like. I still prefer the classics, but these are pretty cool extras - WAY better than RoC.

Back