Public Enemies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anything with Depp I'm there. Bale while still a good actor comes off as a giant ****** nowadays. Marion Cotillard is Hot and I love gangster movies, so should be good.

wow: Mann directing crime movie + Depp and Bale => masterpiece!

one of my "must sees" in 2009

I hate the look of this. Looks like someone filmed it with a crappy camcorder. Ugh...couldnt even get through Miami Vice.

Damn..3 of my favorites actors...About time America recognize Marion Cotillard's talent.Great leading lady.

I hate the look of this. Looks like someone filmed it with a crappy camcorder. Ugh...couldnt even get through Miami Vice.

Couldn't agree more. The digital camera totally undermines the 1930's setting IMO, and it just looks horrible. Why the hell can't Mann learn how to shoot with one of these cameras, like Fincher has done since Zodiac or even Bryan Singer did for Superman Returns? Those movies look amazing.

That being said, I'll be there day one. Bale and Depp alone will get me there. Not to mention a 30's gangster pic in the style of Heat.

TERRIBLE MOVIE !!!!!!! I repeat TERRIBLE MOVIE !!!!!!

Saw this at a free preview about 3 months ago and it is so bad. So bad, I can't even try to describe it. I can't believe there is a movie that has Bale and Depp in it that is so long boring, I wanted to walk out of it. I was getting a free movie pass afterward, so I had to stay.

Maybe they will edit a lot of it to make it flow more, but from the cut that I watched, it's a Renter.

OH, the only good thing about it was Cotillard being extremely attractive

TERRIBLE MOVIE !!!!!!! I repeat TERRIBLE MOVIE !!!!!!

Saw this at a free preview about 3 months ago and it is so bad. So bad, I can't even try to describe it. I can't believe there is a movie that has Bale and Depp in it that is so long boring, I wanted to walk out of it. I was getting a free movie pass afterward, so I had to stay.

Maybe they will edit a lot of it to make it flow more, but from the cut that I watched, it's a Renter.

OH, the only good thing about it was Cotillard being extremely attractive

Seriously?!?!

I am both surprised and pissed off.

Yer bringing Watchmen into every thread now.

Don't be silly. It's germane to the Wolverine thread re: adapting comics to film and I used it here because it's current and I want to get a sense of what the reviewer considers to be quality cinema so I know whether to temper my expectations of Public Enemies.

Can you elaborate? And just for reference, did you think Watchmen was a good movie or a bad movie? I've been looking forward to this one.

as if the answer to that question will give you an idea :rolleyes:
giving an opinion about a whooole different kind of movie will give you no reference what so ever, so how stupid is that question?
Beware not everybody will like Watchmen..so suppose he doesn't like Watchmen, what does that tell you about his opinion on Public Enemies? absolutely nothing.

giving an opinion about a whooole different kind of movie will give you no reference what so ever, so how stupid is that question?

It's not stupid at all. Genre has no bearing on quality. I've been looking forward to Public Enemies and if the person slating it genuinely thinks Van Helsing is a well-made film (for example), then I know not to worry.

Back