PS4 OR Xbox One?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:exactly: they can't wait that would be suicide. I know Sony say there fine about 2nd hand games but do you think MS have an agreement with the publishers to put codes on there Ps4 games so the Ps4 has the same situation about selling 2nd hand games? If that make sense :lol

I can see Microsoft doing that with their own games. But, third-party developers would want their games to be accessible on both consoles - and it doesn't really make sense to impose DRM restrictions on a console (like the PS4) that doesn't require it. To put it into perspective: Steam already has a DRM-based system in operation with Windows. But, no developer has ever required that their equivalent console games, have the same restrictions in place.

You're probably right about Sony having the advantage if Microsoft delays their launch - sort of like of what happened in the current generation, when Microsoft was able to take away early sales form the PS3 by launching the X-Box 360 a year earlier (although that's a more extreme case). But, if Microsoft launches too early, they would risk the chance of there not being any games to play on the console. The $499 price is also another thing to consider. If people realize that the PS4 (which is cheaper and with less DRM restrictions) is being released in only a matter of weeks after the Xbox One - I'd think they'd be likely to wait.

Although, we're just discussing hypothetical scenarios here. Have the launch dates for either console been revealed as yet? :dunno

That is the problem game wise. I think the first big one would be bf4 end of October ? Probably not enough time in their favour and the price goes against them
Yes Sony would have learnt their lesson and should launch on time this time. I believe the last launch was delayed due to the blu ray drive's laser ?
Come on Sony. Drop the big bomb! 1st week of Nov launch :)

No dates as of yet. A paper here stated Nov 21. Iv got a feeling it will be that week.
I think it was then replaced.

So is the 'you can't lend a game to a friend only give it to them' thing and the 'you can't sell the game' thing upto the publishers too?

Potentially. Sony have worded themselves very well. The truth is we don't know. In 6 months time the producers of COD could publish the game in the same format on both systems. I don't think anyone paid attention to that part of the Sony presentation though. Too busy throwing tomatoes at MS and clapping. You can still buy disk based games on the XB1 as has been confirmed.

The poll numbers around the net are evidence enough that the new Xbox isn't resonating well with consumers

Don't look into the polls too much. I've not voted on a poll yet and I,m a gamer. The demographic for internet "vs" polls would probably be made up of 80% teenagers that just got their first pube last week. No doubt the PS4 is the more popular system right now but as much as these polls are saying? I seriously doubt it. Would I have cast my vote for PS4 ? I'd have to say I probably would if someone forced me to choose yet I'm very interested in the Xb1.

Truth is we won't really know until it hit's the stores. If the Xbox one hits 6 weeks before the PS with 3-4 outstanding games and some slight tweaks to the check in policy, watch all the PS4 backers get twitchy with the wallet.

Last edited:
I think there's truth to the fact that relatively hardcore videogame nerds are the ones mostly paying attention to this stuff right now. Casual buyers who will be influenced by previous experience, literal word of mouth, and advertising efforts are going to be a huge factor determining sales. And most of them will have very little knowledge of E3 and the detailed specs of these things.

Well, casual buyers aren't the ones who usually drop down serious cash for the latest games and console releases - and I'm sure that most hardcore gamers would know about E3, and let alone the Internet at this day and age. Sony and Microsoft are very much dependent upon the hardcore gaming community to make their consoles successful.

In any case, here's a video showing the stark contrast of audience reactions when Microsoft and Sony announced the prices of their respected consoles. It's sort of like deja vu of E3 2006 - except that the roles are reversed this time.

[ame]https://youtu.be/PzDsYEPkSc4[/ame]

Last edited:
Well, casual buyers aren't the ones who usually drop down serious cash for the latest games and console releases - and I'm sure that most of them would know about E3, and let alone the Internet at this day and age. Sony and Microsoft are very much dependent upon the hardcore gaming community to make their consoles successful.

In any case, here's a video showing the stark contrast of audience reactions when Microsoft and Sony announced the prices of their respected consoles. It's sort of like deja vu of E3 2006 - except that the roles are reversed this time.

https://youtu.be/PzDsYEPkSc4
:rotfl I never got to see the Microsoft announcement, but damn that must have been embarrassing for that guy.

Does anyone have a link for the pros and cons of these two? Or are we still waiting to see which one will be the victor?

Does anyone have a link for the pros and cons of these two? Or are we still waiting to see which one will be the victor?

https://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-one-news-price-release-date/

Pretty much everything in detail there for XB1. I'll see if I can dig out a PS4 one.

I especially like the part about the Illumiroom that "expands the viewing space to your entire room"

More proof that the Kinect is an essential part of the bigger picture.

EDIT:pS4 list - https://www.techradar.com/au/news/gaming/consoles/ps4-release-date-news-and-features-937822

that'd shut some people up :lol I could see the publishers coming back to sony for the same thing
Fanboys maybe, but not the people who really dislike the policy itself, like me. Many of the MS fanboys actually cheering for the DRM are hypocrites as well, they'd be against it if Sony was doing it instead (yes I realize the same applies to Sony fanboys).

Hopefully people who agree will be even more vocal about this if publishers put similar policies on PS4. I still doubt any 24 hour internet check-in will end up on PS4, even for specific games, but we'll see.

I own both the Ps3 and the 360 and my Ps3 only really collects dust. I use my 360 only and I am a big fan of it.
I prefer the controller much more and I'm a big fan of Halo. With that being said, I will never buy an Xbox One.
I'm actually sad to say that seeing as though it would have been my system of choice an easy choice at that.
I never resell my games but the DRM is the biggest problem for me. If everyone gives in to that whats next?

Anyway I preorder my Ps4 from Amazon a couple of days ago Battlefield 4 looks awesome.:yess:

Well, casual buyers aren't the ones who usually drop down serious cash for the latest games and console releases - and I'm sure that most hardcore gamers would know about E3, and let alone the Internet at this day and age. Sony and Microsoft are very much dependent upon the hardcore gaming community to make their consoles successful.

https://youtu.be/PzDsYEPkSc4

While I don't have any love for MS that video inst accurate at all, it's been edited the booing and quiet comment are from when Battlefield crashed on stage. There was polite applause for MS, but much larger reaction for Sony.

PS4 is stronger... we don't have to wait and see.

PS3 was stronger than 360 on paper, and the exclusives proved it. If the specs are better, the system is stronger. Don't see why we're all so timid about saying so.

Wouldn't that be something? Microsoft has practically sent the hackers an invitation because of this entire issue. I don't have ill-wishes on anyone, since the PSN lockout in 2011 was extremely frustrating. But, at least as I was able to play my games offline. If Microsoft gets hacked, the Xbox One will essentially become a useless piece of furniture (or a Blu Ray player).

Why is this an invention? Do you know why they hacked Sony? I am guessing no.

PS3 was stronger than 360 on paper, and the exclusives proved it. If the specs are better, the system is stronger. Don't see why we're all so timid about saying so.

More powerful specs don't equal better overall. Apple has been proving that for years.

You've just opened yourself up to naive responses.

It's hard to weigh the processing power of the Xbox 360 compared to PS3, like the Xbox has more memory, but the PS3 has a processor that may be better but is hard to compare since it's so different. On paper the PS4 to Xbox One is more powerful, but the Xbox One has the ability to offload some things to cloud servers which can free up processing power to improve graphics. So it won't necessarily show any difference.

yet, except for ND, most games looked inferior on the Ps3 compared to the 360

Back