PS4 OR Xbox One?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah for as much as I don't use my PS3 I didn't think I'd be getting the PS4 for sure. Its going to end up being my launch system due to better relationship with gamers (at least on the surface) and better price point. I wouldn't be shocked if MS makes some changes quickly when they see how people are reacting, but for now they're on the outs with a lot of people. I have a PO for both but unless MS makes changes quickly I'll cancel it and get it later. In the end I want to game with my friends and the PS is going to allow that in a better atmosphere. So I'll end up with a PS4.

This is what I'm thinking. Xbox needs to make some changes & quick or they will completely fall behind the Ps4.

As a gamer it's in our interests to have 2 evenly matched systems competeing against each other. My fears is if the Xbox One fails & Microsoft decide not to make a new console after this then Sony will only go on & do what ever they want like banning used games because if they could I'm sure they would.

That's a good point. You need to balanced systems or one will just do what they want with no repercussion for those decisions.

Neither of these consoles is going to fail. They'll trade blows with each other just like the last console cycle.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Last edited:
The idea that you need to check in on the internet for it to even ****ing play anything has to be the most retarded invention in gaming history.

So true. The MS XBONE execs must be so disconnected from reality. How could anyone think this was a good idea and be accepted in the gaming community?

I'm leaning that way. I was talking to some mates about it but they were saying the games look better on the Xbox. I really need to see the full reveals of both properly.

Yeah, but likely not enough of a difference, for me anyway. It's not as if PS4 games WON'T look good, after all.

I wanted to mention the controller thing, too, because I prefer the XBox one by far... but let's be honest - we will get used to the PS4 one.

Yeah for as much as I don't use my PS3 I didn't think I'd be getting the PS4 for sure. Its going to end up being my launch system due to better relationship with gamers (at least on the surface) and better price point. I wouldn't be shocked if MS makes some changes quickly when they see how people are reacting, but for now they're on the outs with a lot of people. I have a PO for both but unless MS makes changes quickly I'll cancel it and get it later. In the end I want to game with my friends and the PS is going to allow that in a better atmosphere. So I'll end up with a PS4.

I'm not going to preorder either. I'm still going to wait and see, and maybe even hope for a price drop. Yeah, that might take a couple of years, but with a 20-month old and another to be born in August I don't have a whole lot of time for games. I still have in my possession quite a few for the 360 that I haven't even touched yet!

It's too bad, because I LOVE the Halo series... but honestly, maybe it's time to move on from that anyway. It had a great run. :)

Just ordered a PS4.

I just can not get my head around this idea that developers and Microsoft want money from second hand games. And the fact that the game could be licensed to one user only on initial purchase.

Imagine if Ford decided that only the buyer is registered to a car at first. And if that persons partner or relative wanted to drive the car they had to pay Ford another fee before they could drive it. Or after a few years, when you wanted to sell you had give Ford a cut of what you sold it for. Then the person you sold it to had to pay a fee to Ford before they could drive it.

The whole thing sounds so ****ing stupid.

Imagine if every single manufacturer decided to implement this idea to their products.

Preordered the PS4. So excited that a new Kingdom Hearts is coming out!!

Glad somebody else is excited about this! Been way to damn long since 2. Plus final fantasy versus looked amazing. That's the real reason im buying the ps4 :lol

Even with all the stupids going on right now, I plan to get both... but it will not be for a year or more after they're Both on teh market. 6 months at the very least.

Yeah, I want both, but it's important to me to see how the landscape is going to be at least a year from launch, both in regards to games and policies.

Traditionally, that's how I end up. With every platform ever. I need to change my buying habits.

I just can't support the XBONE at this time, not with what I perceive is a pro-EA and anti-gamer attitude.

Voting with my wallet, and shockingly for me, PS4 is winning.

A significant amount of customers probably don't really understand or care to learn about all the tech stuff
Or don't buy or sell used games, have good internet which makes all of the crap people ***** wine moan cry about aren't an issue.

I have sold one game and traded in maybe 2 or 3 for my 360 ever so why do I care that I can't sell my used game or trade it in? I have a 50mb internet connection why do I care that it has to connect every 24 hours?

Or don't buy or sell used games, have good internet which makes all of the crap people ***** wine moan cry about aren't an issue.

I have sold one game and traded in maybe 2 or 3 for my 360 ever so why do I care that I can't sell my used game or trade it in? I have a 50mb internet connection why do I care that it has to connect every 24 hours?
And the millions of console gamers who don't have your great internet connection are insignificant, right? Out of sight, out of mind? All that matters is that you can still play, right? Everyone else can just "deal with it", and be punished for not being as fortunate as we are.

Is that about right?

And the millions of console gamers who don't have your great internet connection are insignificant, right? Out of sight, out of mind? All that matters is that you can still play, right? Everyone else can just "deal with it", and be punished for not being as fortunate as we are.

Is that about right?

Sure.:lol

My point is people can't understand why people would buy the Xbox, and what I am saying is why. It if doesn't effect you why wouldn't you buy it.

I haven't preorder either and wont likely preorder either. If I find I need one or the other I will buy it then. Really I am more likely to by an Xbox unless some makes a good ps4 controller that isn't like the poorly designed PS controllers. I have a PS3 and its a bluray player that has the ability to play a couple games ( I have bought a total of 4 games for ps3) all because I can't stand the controller.

Back