PS3 20GB available on Amazon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
Well, I didn't expect this to happen until January or February, but I walked into Best Buy this morning and there was a 20GB PS3 sitting there in the game section. I picked it up and walked smiling to the cashier. They had eight available, all 20GB units--no 60GBs were available. But I don't care that much about the wireless connection--my 360 is sitting right next to it using a network cable that is easily unplugged and switched over to the PS3. And if I ever want a bigger hard drive I can replace it easily. I'm glad I don't have to keep waiting on Amazon to come up with some stock after they cancelled my original PS3 order.

I recently traded a bunch of DVDs in at Blockbuster and got about $130 worth of store credit, so I went there next and picked up three games for only $64 out of pocket. Now I am really looking forward to this weekend, and my kids are happily watching Ice Age 2 on Blu-ray. Now I have to get my wife to warm up to the idea of replacing our TV with a 1080p set...

Congrats Tom. I hear this situation is becoming pretty standard in Japan right now, especially with the release of the Wii. The hardcore gamers have gotten their systems; the speculators are dying off. The rest of the population just doesn't care anymore because the launched games are weak there too. I figured we wouldn't see it here til January, so our American attention span must be shortening LOL. But seriously, I think Sony's crappy game line up is killing them right now more than the price. Other than Resistance, there is no original game to wow non-FPS people. This will change by next X-mas. But for now, esp. the next 3 to 4 months, its a barren landscape of 360 shared titles. Well, at least you got the search out the way Tom. I will be looking for one the moment Metal Gear or FF13 goes gold. Enjoy the holidays.

DouglasMcc said:
Congrats Tom. I hear this situation is becoming pretty standard in Japan right now, especially with the release of the Wii. The hardcore gamers have gotten their systems; the speculators are dying off. The rest of the population just doesn't care anymore because the launched games are weak there too. I figured we wouldn't see it here til January, so our American attention span must be shortening LOL. But seriously, I think Sony's crappy game line up is killing them right now more than the price. Other than Resistance, there is no original game to wow non-FPS people. This will change by next X-mas. But for now, esp. the next 3 to 4 months, its a barren landscape of 360 shared titles. Well, at least you got the search out the way Tom. I will be looking for one the moment Metal Gear or FF13 goes gold. Enjoy the holidays.

I bet MS release halo 3 around the same time as MGS

pitchin said:
I bet MS release halo 3 around the same time as MGS

Probably ... but it really shouldn't matter. Ones a FPS and the other is a Stealth Action-Adventure. Sure, they are both high profile games, but they do not share as many fans as you would imagine.

elwood49 said:
Picked up a 60 GB PS3 at EB today. I really want a PS3 for its Blu-Ray capabilities, but there aren't really any games that interest me right now. I think I'll just sell it on Ebay to pay for a 360+games.

I dont know about the 60GB model but you wont get very much any more for the 20GB one. Most people are just breaking even after ebay and shipping fees.

Ebay is too saturated already.

nash said:
I dont know about the 60GB model but you wont get very much any more for the 20GB one. Most people are just breaking even after ebay and shipping fees.

Ebay is too saturated already.

60 GB still has a $200-$300 profit. 20 GB is pretty easy to find, and therefore doesn't have the same profit margin.

Back