Amazon reliable for pre-orders?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdx008

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Regarding Amazon, I’ve seen numerous posts on how folks had their preorders dropped or cancelled suddenly without an explanation.
I recently saw Amazon direct had the afterlife ecto up so I jumped at it since I missed out on the other channels to preorder.
I was wondering if there are good experiences with pricier items like this and if I should just wait for another opportunity to preorder elsewhere that may be more reliable.

Attachments

• 120FED6D-D916-42BF-BD2D-99E13AF1C9D2.jpeg
    120FED6D-D916-42BF-BD2D-99E13AF1C9D2.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 7
No. Amazon are not a collector boutique and they aren't doing the same job as collector shops. From Amazon's perspective, that's just one more SKU among a billion spatulas, cables, and all the other items being listed.

If they take too many orders, they'll just cancel and refund. If the merch never manifests, they'll just cancel and refund. That's all business-as-usual for them, and they don't perceive any difference between this once-ever item and being sold out of a certain brand of paper towels. They aren't going to consider your pre-order a reservation, they aren't securing their orders directly with Blitzway, and their site isn't built to stop accepting pre-orders past a certain amount.

Not saying it cannot ever happen and you won't get your item. I'm saying I wouldn't ever risk all this on Amazon of all places. If something was already out and they're listing it, then I would order with the belief that they do at least have it in-stock and it will ship. Though that's also been known to fail with them.

Of course, any of the above can happen with any seller. But at least a store including Sideshow understands the damage to their market if they exceed pre-orders, and they keep apprised of status with manufacturers to the best that they ever make info known. For you to pre-order from Amazon means you likely aren't pre-ordering elsewhere, so if that falls through then you're probably going to find it sold out elsewhere.

If you don't really care if you get it or not, then may as well keep the order and see what happens. If this were an item unlikely to sell out in pre-orders alone, and it wouldn't be a big deal if this falls through because you'll have time to go elsewhere, then keep it. If this was a high priority item and you don't want to risk missing out, then you should find a more reliable channel. It's safe to say when it comes to Blitzway that they do produce very finite stocks and this will sell out in pre-orders, and anyone still looking past launch will probably struggle to find anything save for the obvious scalpers and gougers.

Yeah, it’s as you said. I wasn’t able to find it available to preorder from anywhere. I’ll keep watch to see if any other seller opens up preorders again but I somewhat doubt it. Sadly I missed out on the initial preorder so when I randomly saw Amazon had it, I just went for it not really expecting much out of it. I guess if it falls through, I got money back in my wallet!

Back