PS3 20GB available on Amazon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup, blu-ray is my main intention. a blu-ray player alone cost more than this console right now. the game playing is not my style, i have no patience at all when it comes to game playing :lol

carbo-fation said:
Can't wait for mine!

I hope you all get your systems. There is talk circulating online that the Amazon system couldn't keep up with instock systems and that Amazon oversold them (surprise, surprise... insert sarcasm). Many of the orders might not be shipped til January. If you actual get confirmation of shipping, then let us know and good luck.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they didn't ship when we were told. They obviously had a limited number to sell in the system, but there could have been a glitch as to when this batch would be available for shipping.

It looks like Amazon put their allocation up for sale earlier in the day, which sold out. Then they put the "sold out" message up on the product page.

Later in the day, Target added a batch of approximately 7500 and made them available through the product page as an Amazon seller. The "out of stock" message that Amazon put up was still there, because the units were not being sold by Amazon, but by Target through Amazon. Those eventually sold out as well. Now the product page says that they are sold out, and you can no longer add one to your cart and purchase it through Target.

If there was a problem, it was probably from Target not inputting the correct amount available, thus allowing the sales to continue longer than they should have. Of course, some people received ship dates of 11/20, some received 11/27, and some received 1/3/07. It really seems like the system had some sort of plan--it wasn't selling an unlimited amount of units for immediate delivery. It had a certain amount to sell that would be shipping immediately, a certain amount to sell that would be shipping the end of November, and a certain amount to sell that would be shipping the end of December, and then it stopped selling them altogether. There seems to have been a method to their madness...

Well, my hopes have officially been dashed to pieces. Amazon has begun to cancel all of the PS3 orders from Saturday. Mine just vanished from my account without so much as an e-mail of explanation or apology.

I guess I can always get on eBay and look at the one that my friend picked up for me on Friday and then decided to sell instead.

:sick

Wow, Amazon has those problems too?? I would have thunk they'd have a really sophisticated system, seeing as they are, what, a billion-dollar a year website?... now I don't feel so bad about ours and the Grey Hulk PF online inventory hiccup ;)

tomandshell said:
Well, my hopes have officially been dashed to pieces. Amazon has begun to cancel all of the PS3 orders from Saturday. Mine just vanished from my account without so much as an e-mail of explanation or apology.

I guess I can always get on eBay and look at the one that my friend picked up for me on Friday and then decided to sell instead.

:sick

Sorry that I was right about their server Screw-Up Tom. I was really hoping you would get one. Heck, if you lived nearby, I could have helped you get one yesterday. My friend is manager at the local Gamestop and they sent 2 20 gig instead of 60 gig for pre-purchases. The people refused, saying they would wait on the 60. At one time, I was going to buy one, so he gave me a heads up. Right now, I wouldn't notice much difference on my 720P TV with DVDs and the game forecast is really barren right now (no original content for close to 4 months), so I am holding out to this summer. He tried to talk me into selling it on Ebay, but I refuse to be one of "those" people who profiteer off of some kid's/adult's X-mas present. I'm no angel, but I refuse to be a flipper. In fact, I bet it was the flippers who FUBARed the Amazon order system. Using illicit ways to get around the 1 per customer rule. Here's hoping they got cancelled as well... only good thing that would have come out of that fiasco.

Don't worry Tom ... be patient. By Feb. or April at the latest, they will be sitting on store shelves. Don't get stupid and blow a wad right now. That waste the money you would have saved using it as a Blue Ray player.

P.S. I don't care how much money your "friend" makes, he's really not worthy of your companionship. If he values the all mightly dollar over his friend's happiness, f### 'em. He is not deserving of your loyalty.

Re: Amazon!

spider1135 said:
Amazon selling the 60g for $2999.00, are they crazy or what:lol :lol :lol

That's an individual seller ... they can ask for whatever price they want. It's Amazon's cheap way of selling Ebay style.

DouglasMcc said:
Don't worry Tom ... be patient. By Feb. or April at the latest, they will be sitting on store shelves. Don't get stupid and blow a wad right now. That waste the money you would have saved using it as a Blue Ray player.

Yes, I will eventually get one at MSRP. I just have to be patient. The funny thing was that I ordered Ice Age 2 on Blu-ray after getting my PS3 order in. That arrived from Amazon yesterday. So they sent me my movie but not my PS3 to play it on. My son doesn't understand why I won't let him watch Ice Age, LOL.

Well, I didn't expect this to happen until January or February, but I walked into Best Buy this morning and there was a 20GB PS3 sitting there in the game section. I picked it up and walked smiling to the cashier. They had eight available, all 20GB units--no 60GBs were available. But I don't care that much about the wireless connection--my 360 is sitting right next to it using a network cable that is easily unplugged and switched over to the PS3. And if I ever want a bigger hard drive I can replace it easily. I'm glad I don't have to keep waiting on Amazon to come up with some stock after they cancelled my original PS3 order.

I recently traded a bunch of DVDs in at Blockbuster and got about $130 worth of store credit, so I went there next and picked up three games for only $64 out of pocket. Now I am really looking forward to this weekend, and my kids are happily watching Ice Age 2 on Blu-ray. Now I have to get my wife to warm up to the idea of replacing our TV with a 1080p set...

Um, you do know stores are now getting in small weekly shipments. Only one that is worth the price is the 60GB, IMO.

I sold mine while it was hot. Feel dirty from greed.

Thanks!!!

As for the 60GB model, if I ever want a larger amount of hard drive space I can upgrade it. Sony even tells you how. The wireless internet isn't that important because I have a network access point right next to the console and I can plug it right in. And if I ever want to look at pictures, I already have a USB memory stick reader that I can use with the PS3. So it doesn't warrant the extra hundred bucks, not to mention the fact that the 60GB models are harder to find. Considering the price and availability, I am pretty happy with my purchase!

Back