PS3 20GB available on Amazon!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just stopped by to my local Gamestop which is right across the street from my aparments, asked them if they had any Wiis in and they guys says no but we have a 20GB PS3. cha-ching! Bought, plus Resistance fall of man.

Im in the process of pluging it in right now!

nash said:
I just stopped by to my local Gamestop which is right across the street from my aparments, asked them if they had any Wiis in and they guys says no but we have a 20GB PS3. cha-ching! Bought, plus Resistance fall of man.

Very nice dude. Did you get a good deal on it?

nash said:

Nice Nash. Hope you enjoy it.

guys...definately check your local best buys...they are getting small shipments of PS3's sporadically (different periods) between now and christmas (usually 5 per store) on a first come-first served basis. I've seen the 20GB versions, but have yet to see the 60GB...

Does anyone else realize that the controller name is retarded? Sixaxis? I guess Sony didn't realize there's no such thing as six axes, there's only 3, X, Y, Z, forward and backwards are not axes.

Nightwings said:
If you really want a PS3 don't waste your money on a 20GB, you'll regret it.

Why is that? I thought the only difference was wifi and hard drive?

My entertainment center is next to my internet router anyways, so wifi for that is useless. Plus, the hard drive i could probably find one at best buy for cheaper than the extra money spent on a 60GB version.

I think the key words should have been really want.

I don't know about the states but up here laptop SATA drives aren't cheap and that what kind of hard drives this thing takes. The problem with a small drive is that Sony has said that in order for a some of their games to run fast and smooth you will be required to download 5 to 6 Gigs of the game data to the hard drive. Now if I had to do that with thwe 20+ games I have for my 360 onto the 20 GB drive for that thing I'd be in the poor house buying hard drives.

nash said:
Why is that? I thought the only difference was wifi and hard drive?

My entertainment center is next to my internet router anyways, so wifi for that is useless. Plus, the hard drive i could probably find one at best buy for cheaper than the extra money spent on a 60GB version.

You are correct.

My PS3 is next to a network access point, so I have a wired connection sitting right there and I don't miss the wireless one bit. And if I ever need a bigger hard drive, any 2.5" HDD can easily be installed. The instruction manual even tells you how to do it, and the system will install the OS on it for you. I can easily make my 20GB unit a 60 GB unit for less than Sony would charge me. I just have no need for it right now. So for me, there is no reason at all to pay the extra hundred bucks--the difference between the two models is very slight compared to the difference between the two Xbox 360 options.

The idea that the 60 GB PS3 is the only one to get--or that the 20 GB version is a waste of money--boggles my mind.

Playing Resistance Fall of Man right now, this game is nuts! any other games out right now that you guys reccomend? (im not into racing games)

I tried Ridge Racer but your car slides around like crazy. I like Need For Speed a lot more and bought that one today. But you said you didn't want racing games, so I guess I'm not much help here...

I have both of those on the 360 and I can recommend them. I think that COD2 is a better game than #3, but it's still worth getting the third one. WAY too many cut scenes throughout the level that you are forced to sit and watch. Too many interruptions to the game play, and the levels just don't seem to be as varied or memorable as in COD2. Also, there were several glitches in the 360 game--places where you would walk and get stuck and have to restart the level. So I would rent COD3 before buying, but I loved the Marvel: Ultimate Alliance game and would happily play through that thing again on the PS3. I hardly touched most of the characters the first time through, and didn't finish enough of the optional side missions.

Most important--DO NOT get the Superman Returns game on any platform. It is terrible. Once you have played in Metropolis for five minutes, you know what the entire game will be like. After playing for a half hour (literally), I was shocked to that the game was already 25% complete. The game is way too short and repetitive. You just fly around the city--which is supposed to be a huge 80 miles, but Superman's super speed gets you from one end to the other really quickly--and fight the same robots and an occasional boss now and then. It's fun for a few minutes as you learn Superman's powers--all of which are immediately available. But it gets old and boring pretty quickly. Really, a horrible game.

I just picked up NBA 2K7, it's a pretty solid basketball game. I think that's all the games im intersted for now until they release some new titles. fight night will be awesome like they usually are.

A quick question, how long do the controlers usually last before you have to recharge them? Also, anyone know what kind of batteries are used inside the controlers and if they are replacable eventually?

I played the 360 Demo of Superman and yeah it was just BLAH. I was very unimpressed.

nash said:
I just picked up NBA 2K7, it's a pretty solid basketball game. I think that's all the games im intersted for now until they release some new titles. fight night will be awesome like they usually are.

A quick question, how long do the controlers usually last before you have to recharge them? Also, anyone know what kind of batteries are used inside the controlers and if they are replacable eventually?

The manual includes instructions on how to replace the battery when it eventually dies. I don't know what the life expectancy is, but I much prefer the 360's approach with the detachable battery and option to use a pair of AAAs instead. I also think the rumble on the 360 is more fun than the motion sensitivity of the PS3, which doesn't compete with the Wii controller sensitivity anyway. The 360 wins the controller battle, as far as I'm concerned.

Superman is ok. It gives up a lot of achivement points in a hurry which is good. Not the worst game I've bought thought I will say that.

tomandshell said:
The manual includes instructions on how to replace the battery when it eventually dies. I don't know what the life expectancy is, but I much prefer the 360's approach with the detachable battery and option to use a pair of AAAs instead. I also think the rumble on the 360 is more fun than the motion sensitivity of the PS3, which doesn't compete with the Wii controller sensitivity anyway. The 360 wins the controller battle, as far as I'm concerned.

I also prefer the 360s battery pack and wireless charging method. I have a feeling the PS3 batteries will be on the expensive side... Im not too fond of the vibration on controllers as they don't really do anything for me except add a bit of feel to what is happening on screen, but I can live without that for sure since it is rather simplistic. Also the lack of vibration will probably help to save battery life.

as far as the motion sens, I think it's pretty cool on the PS3. The Wii definitely has the advantage though as that is the whole premise of the system. However I think the lack of power that the Wii is capable of will hold the console back in the long run.

Picked up a 60 GB PS3 at EB today. I really want a PS3 for its Blu-Ray capabilities, but there aren't really any games that interest me right now. I think I'll just sell it on Ebay to pay for a 360+games.

Back