Prototype White Queen and Mystique comiquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, the Emma PF would have been SO much better with a realistic face sculpt. This side view of Emma looks fantastic...then you see the cartoony face.

30wwolv.jpg

Is that visor really that important? I have the exclusive ordered and I have the regular ordered for about $60 cheaper than the exclusive. So my point is, should I get the regular or exclusive, I need to cancel one.

the face doesnt realli bother me in person, up close its realli good
plus these are all based off of comic books anyway so i dont mind :D

Personal opinion, but I just feel that PFs should have more realistic sculpts. Sideshow should release their more stylized, cartoony (for lack of a better word, not trying to use it perjoratively) products as comiquettes. For example, as an old school comic book reader, I prefer the Punisher with real life weapons. However, the more stylized Punisher comiquette with the huge fake gun based on Olivetti's art works fine for me in the context that it's in.

Sorry for sounding like a newb, but what store are these proto pieces being displayed at? I'm in the U.S., but I assume that Rob (who you've mentioned) and his store are pretty big in Canada and move a lot of Sideshow stuff/have a good relationship with Sideshow fro Sideshow to have given him proto pieces to display.

Personal opinion, but I just feel that PFs should have more realistic sculpts. Sideshow should release their more stylized, cartoony (for lack of a better word, not trying to use it perjoratively) products as comiquettes. For example, as an old school comic book reader, I prefer the Punisher with real life weapons. However, the more stylized Punisher comiquette with the huge fake gun based on Olivetti's art works fine for me in the context that it's in.

Sorry for sounding like a newb, but what store are these proto pieces being displayed at? I'm in the U.S., but I assume that Rob (who you've mentioned) and his store are pretty big in Canada and move a lot of Sideshow stuff/have a good relationship with Sideshow fro Sideshow to have given him proto pieces to display.

yeah the store is located in Calgary, Alberta. they've had a few prototypes that i've seen over the last year or so.

the face doesnt realli bother me in person, up close its realli good
plus these are all based off of comic books anyway so i dont mind :D

the face doesn't both me that much either since it's based off the comic art, and overall the statue is very well done imo. it's just that i'm not that into the animae line is all, but then again i do have the lara croft PF :confused:

the face doesn't both me that much either since it's based off the comic art, and overall the statue is very well done imo. it's just that i'm not that into the animae line is all, but then again i do have the lara croft PF :confused:

:lol yeah but thats because angelina won't give out the rights for a decent price, the games better anyways

yeah Rob is the big Canadian Sideshow Distributor who also owns the store which these are at. and He also worked with sideshow at comic con in the booth. they have a really good relationship, and as i said this is the FIRST time sideshow has EVER let out a prototype like these, so its pretty cool

yeah Rob is the big Canadian Sideshow Distributor who also owns the store which these are at. and He also worked with sideshow at comic con in the booth. they have a really good relationship, and as i said this is the FIRST time sideshow has EVER let out a prototype like these, so its pretty cool

i thought that he had the IM 1:1 bust in there last year??

This is really good news for greatwall. I guess greatwall is the only gonna have Emma on this forum.

oh i'm sure there will be others that like the look of this one. anyone that has the X-23 should be very happy with this one imo.:D

[/B]

i thought that he had the IM 1:1 bust in there last year??

oh i'm sure there will be others that like the look of this one. anyone that has the X-23 should be very happy with this one imo.:D

that was a production sample, not sideshows in house prototype, kinda the same but they do about 6 production samples and have one master prototype, thats what mystique and emma are :D

i do not really like marvel women except of phoenix but those are awesome:monkey5:monkey5

Think i'm going to Cancell mystique...dont like her at all...not a fan of the eyebrows, long neck and her face doesnt look like comic mystique.i'll go hunt for the pf instead.

I've been saying this all along...since I saw her in person at SDCC...wise choice IMO

The base is pretty bad ass though..but I'm not payin just for that base.The PF it will be.

It does indeed look like Eva in that photo... at least the facial structure. Good find mt24. Maybe Eva with Rebecca's nose.

Mystique.jpg

Yep. Thanks CF. It just seems that there are more Rebecca's fans here than Eva's. :)

It's not that I prefer one over another, I just thought that it looks more like Eva than Rebecca that's all.

Back