Prototype White Queen and Mystique comiquette.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm sayin the art didnt translate well to the statue form as opposed to the dagger comiquette for example,wich is perfect.

actually that's the reason i changed my mind about getting mystique, and switched to scarlet witch. i mean, i'm not even a fan of the character, but imo the mark brooks artwork was pretty well-translated to the sw comiquette. unlike poor mystique. besides the face, it's the chunky hair sculpt that bugs me the most. just looks kinda awkward at certain angles.

however, bowen's mystique looks very promising so far. if it turns out well think i'll get that one...

I used to think this comiquette was hot.

After coming to my senses, i realised face aint feminine at all.not a good rendition imo of the great art by ah.just compare her face to the art.fail.

Get the Mystique PF. Its hot.

Maybe AH's style is difficult to translate to sculpt form because to date the only one that really feels like the artwork is Frost.

Not really. DC Direct seems to get it right. You can tell just by looking at the statues without comparing to the artwork that they are based on Adam Hughes work.Even got the AH hips, not his actual hips but the way he draws them. :naughty

Powergirl

I don't really get that from the SSC ones so far, although they are good statues.

Not really. DC Direct seems to get it right. You can tell just by looking at the statues without comparing to the artwork that they are based on Adam Hughes work.Even got the AH hips, not his actual hips but the way he draws them. :naughty

Powergirl

I don't really get that from the SSC ones so far, although they are good statues.

Agreed. I'm not a DC fanatic but I had Catwoman, Zatanna and Black Canary pre-ordered!:D:rotfl........all I need is Harley and the circle is complete!:rock

I don't know why so many critize the SS AH! sneaks all the time. The Black Queen was ripped as a sneak then loved after release. I think Mystique will look GREAT when released also. The only SS AH! piece that I think didn't match the artwork was the Black Cat. All the other AH! pieces were homeruns IMHO.

Last edited:
Back