Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't follow the marketing, only seen the initial trailer.
Just heard from a friend that the Covenant is full of pairs...
And that one of them (pairs) is gay...
Is that true?

From the Collider set visit article (Beware it's somewhat Spoilerish):

Sergeant Lope is married to Nathaniel Dean’s character Hallet, who is a member of Lope’s security team. They are the first LBGTQ characters in the Alien franchise.
https://collider.com/alien-covenant-spoilers-things-to-know/#effects

And this is distant future Sci-Fi where they have hypersleep, who says the tech hasn't progressed to the point where they can easily make offspring from two males.

any way you look at it, it makes no sense at all to have a gay couple on board this trip.

Last edited:
If there's a way make gay couple procreate in this universe, then I have no problem with them being here, and they still would need women, for many obvious reasons, it would just make the gay thing stop not making sense anymore.

But I doubt they would explore yet another human sci-fi concept in a movie where the main theme literally our creation already.

So I doubt it'll even be addressed, after all, this is the sequel to the movie where the guys with the map get lost and biologists are scared of biology, except when it's alive and looks like a dangerous snake.

Honestly there being a gay couple isn't the problem. Who the **** starts a colonising mission with only like what, 12 ****ing people?

Honestly there being a gay couple isn't the problem.
It could be a problem.

Who the **** starts a colonising mission with only like what, 12 ****ing people?
That is also a problem :lol you bring up a very good point.

Which makes me think this is only the first party and they're in charge of just, scouting, recon and just getting everything ready for more people...

Hmmmmm maybe there's isn't as big of a problem as I thought...

low expectations- i'm sure Prometheus will be the far more original and thoughtful film ...

any way you look at it, it makes no sense at all to have a gay couple on board this trip.

That's what i said too! but ok, if they want to be all 'inclusive' then it shouldn't be an issue. I must admit seeing the trailer released the other day which i've only watched on my computer, on the big screen, (with Logan movie) honestly, it didn't enthrall me any more towards it. I have medial expectations of this, I hope it's ok.

I like the cgi xenos, I think it works, but the pretext behind the story is a bit meh to me. And now that Ridley has said he wants to make 2 others with the final one culminating in a 'direct' tie into 1979's Alien, I thought that THIS one was supposed to be that. Oh well. I will ALWAYS have Alien and Aliens to fall back on, no matter what debacle ensues with this, or Scott's future iterations or (hopefully NOT) Bloomkamp's version. (I really hope that by Ridley saying he wants to make 2 more 'trilogy' movies is a true **** block move to Bloomkamp's ******** which has been proposed)

Where da transgenders at

say no more fampai

9995fbc1df0ca0426c96417d48e83d41.jpg

Back