Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I start to see things I recognize."

26qMTwe.jpg

:lol:lol:lol ... :monkey2

Aliens vs Cops

Film ends with a beat up Xenomorph in the back of a cop car crying.

Official report says the suspect drew a handgun before being gunned down by the officer... As of yet, the police has not released the patrol car dash cam video. Witnesses claim they saw no handgun and that the suspect was profiled due to xenophobia

Official report says the suspect drew a handgun before being gunned down by the officer... As of yet, the police has not released the patrol car dash cam video. Witnesses claim they saw no handgun and that the suspect was profiled due to xenophobia

Terrible.

Aliens vs Aliens

Black on black crime? :monkey2

The new trailer is amazing.

You think? Geez all I see in the trailer is the Alien 3 level cgi.....I mean has everyone just gotten super lazy with cgi? Those aliens looked like ****!

They move like gravity/physics has forgotten them.....it looks awful. The cgi in GOTG looks just as bad....

What has happened to the cgi artist out there? The last decent cgi I saw was Dawn of planet of the apes....before that? I dunno.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You think? Geez all I see in the trailer is the Alien 3 level cgi.....I mean has everyone just gotten super lazy with cgi? Those aliens looked like ****!

They move like gravity/physics has forgotten them.....it looks awful. The cgi in GOTG looks just as bad....

What has happened to the cgi artist out there? The last decent cgi I saw was Dawn of planet of the apes....before that? I dunno.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So it looks like Alien3 CGI?

Lol

Go watch alien3 again.

I don't think CGI looks any worse than planet of the apes.

I also don't think it looks bad, yes, there is a bit of weightlessness to it, but the model itself doesn't look bad imo, I'm not sure if we're just so very conditioned to look at all CGI as uncanny valley, even when it's non-human, I can't help but to think if we actually saw a Xenomorph launching at us, it would look exactly like that.

We're on the very verge of overcoming uncanny valley, it's only a matter of time before we can no longer tell the difference, but we're gonna have to endure the latest movies on which all CGI looks the same, not actually bad, but very eye popping due to the uncanny valley.

I think this UV is reduced to two things, lighting and unnecessary animation. Like Leia and Tarkin, their skin doesn't quite catch the lighting like real skin does, and when trying to "act" they over-emote the tiny facial animations so they never look "right".

I don't think CGI looks any worse than planet of the apes.

I also don't think it looks bad, yes, there is a bit of weightlessness to it, but the model itself doesn't look bad imo, I'm not sure if we're just so very conditioned to look at all CGI as uncanny valley, even when it's non-human, I can't help but to think if we actually saw a Xenomorph launching at us, it would look exactly like that.

We're on the very verge of overcoming uncanny valley, it's only a matter of time before we can no longer tell the difference, but we're gonna have to endure the latest movies on which all CGI looks the same, not actually bad, but very eye popping due to the uncanny valley.

I think this UV is reduced to two things, lighting and unnecessary animation. Like Leia and Tarkin, their skin doesn't quite catch the lighting like real skin does, and when trying to "act" they over-emote the tiny facial animations so they never look "right".

That's what I'm saying, that I could tell it was fake instantly.

The perspective was off when she moved the face up and down and to the sides, and yeah the lighting hit the face differently to the rest of, well, everything, like if she put an inch thick foundation layer.

The thing is, I was alert since we were on the topic, had you posted this in the middle of a random conversation or while I wasn't expecting it, I might've been fooled by it. So yeah, the point they were making stands imo.

There's a youtube video about how CGI it's used in the background, and we absolutely have no idea, we're getting there with humans too.

Back