Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks so good! Can't wait to see this with my son! He is such an Aliens nut he's gonna love it.

Xeno is jacked holy ****.

That Xeno has excellent arm definition, but I wouldn't say he's jacked.

This one is jacked.

Notice the volume and lower and upper body symmetry.

oR9MM2I.jpg

It looks damn cool. But I'm kind of bummed they have the Alien jumping around like a spider monkey. I understand that has become a part of the Alien mannerisms over the last several decades...but that's not how it started. I was hoping with Ridley directing, we might get another methodical slow creeping horror.

The design itself looks great though and I'm excited.

Looking at that really makes me appreciate what they were able to do with a man in a suit and animatronic puppets in 1979/1986. I mean, I guess because you can now do non-humanoids with extraordinary physical capabilities using CGI you naturally go that route but for me it'll just never be the same, it'll never be as good IMO.
This.

This looks like it'll be an alright time at the movies.

But... Looks mundane, I hope the story is better than the big action spectacle I expect.

It looks damn cool. But I'm kind of bummed they have the Alien jumping around like a spider monkey. I understand that has become a part of the Alien mannerisms over the last several decades...but that's not how it started. I was hoping with Ridley directing, we might get another methodical slow creeping horror.

Yeah. It makes sense that it's able to move like that when you think of the Alien going through the air shafts and suspending itself high above the floor in the Nostromo but obviously they couldn't depict it in the '79 film. They had to compromise and leave it to the imagination. It made the alien scarier in a way. You didn't know how it could do the things it could do.

Seeing the new trailer not to be a party pooper but does anyone think the CGI effects of the Aliens is underwhelming. It doesn't have the magic that Stan Winston brought :thud:

****ing this.

I expected to see a humanoid nightmare seemingly gliding on the floor slowly and stealthily, but this bug movement is something I only like in Aliens.

Yeah. It makes sense that it's able to move like that when you think of the Alien going through the air shafts and suspending itself high above the floor in the Nostromo but obviously they couldn't depict it in the '79 film. They had to compromise and leave it to the imagination. It made the alien scarier in a way. You didn't know how it could do the things it could do.
Not seeing is ALWAYS better, the imagination is too powerful for any Hollywood hack to try and surpass.

Yeah. It's the whole less is more aspect. Sure they didn't have much of a choice back then but seeing that little radar blip as the Alien approaches Dallas is still pretty effective today. Seeing it move, however lets you see the Aliens limits in a way. And the more you know of a creatures limits the less scary it is. Aliens haven't been scary for quite a while though, at least to me. Simply because all the medicore films that we have now. So I guess in the end it doesn't matter. It will never be as scary as seeing it for the first time. So why fight it.

Seeing the new trailer not to be a party pooper but does anyone think the CGI effects of the Aliens is underwhelming. It doesn't have the magic that Stan Winston brought :thud:

It is a little yeah. Its a little to floppy for my tastes. I thought I noticed some practical man in suit stuff there. Gotta watch it again.

Can you imagine a new Jaws film with a CGI shark? :lol

Yeah. It's the whole less is more aspect. Sure they didn't have much of a choice back then but seeing that little radar blip as the Alien approaches Dallas is still pretty effective today. Seeing it move, however lets you see the Aliens limits in a way. And the more you know of a creatures limits the less scary it is. Aliens haven't been scary for quite a while though, at least to me. Simply because all the medicore films that we have now. So I guess in the end it doesn't matter. It will never be as scary as seeing it for the first time. So why fight it.

It's the funny thing though. Ridley himself said that the Alien had lost it's fear factor, had became over-exposed as the movies went on. Evidently he had a change of heart or thinks he can make it scary again regardless. Lets see.

Can you imagine a new Jaws film with a CGI shark? :lol

Bursts of speed, sudden changes of direction....**** that. I want my sharks swimming steadily in one direction with zero swaying of the body!

theres been 6 - ing movies already.... they cant have them ALWAYS hiding in the shadows..... at one point there has to be an open attack.... at one point there has to be a shot in the day light

theres been 6 - ing movies already.... they cant have them ALWAYS hiding in the shadows..... at one point there has to be an open attack.... at one point there has to be a shot in the day light
Why? Is it because the Alien on its own isn't cool? Just like Predator? We need more cool action shots and explore the lore? Clearly we're getting innovation.

It's only been one movie where it glides and lurks. The rest it's been bug action.

Back