Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theres been 6 - ing movies already.... they cant have them ALWAYS hiding in the shadows..... at one point there has to be an open attack.... at one point there has to be a shot in the day light

I dunno. The Mrs. Was really disappointed with mine when she saw it in broad daylight. Before that it was always in really dim mood lighting and she said it was the most impressive thing she's ever se....Oh the Alien...oh yeah maybe...

theres been 6 - ing movies already.... they cant have them ALWAYS hiding in the shadows..... at one point there has to be an open attack.... at one point there has to be a shot in the day light

True.

It's not 1979, people know the formula, what the xenos are, and what they look like.

There is no mystery anymore.

Even the humans are predictable and reminiscent of previous Alien characters.

I dunno. The Mrs. Was really disappointed with mine when she saw it in broad daylight. Before that it was always in really dim mood lighting and she said it was the most impressive thing she's ever se....Oh the Alien...oh yeah maybe...
This is very educational and proves the point perfectly.

Should've told her you were in the pool.

Just came back here after seeing that great ass trailer to see how you guys felt and to my surprise you guys seem to enjoy it. O happy day! I loved that trailer. I don't care if they showed the xeno we already know what it looks like and it's not the only one by the looks of the trailer.

I'm also glad to see the alien Being so aggressive.

Why? Is it because the Alien on its own isn't cool? Just like Predator? We need more cool action shots and explore the lore? Clearly we're getting innovation.

It's only been one movie where it glides and lurks. The rest it's been bug action.

Yeah it's been jumpy bug action since ALIENS. I really love ALIEN 3 but I think that movie really set the "crawly" Alien aspect in stone. From then on they all have sort of behaved like the dog Alien. I wouldn't mind putting the "Nosferatu" of the Big Chap back into the creature. But who knows. Maybe we'll see a bit of both.

This is very educational and proves the point perfectly.

Should've told her you were in the pool.

We don't have a pool :monkey2

Why? Is it because the Alien on its own isn't cool? Just like Predator? We need more cool action shots and explore the lore? Clearly we're getting innovation.

It's only been one movie where it glides and lurks. The rest it's been bug action.

you want to be stuck in the 80s but that only works for remakes or reboots. The fact that only one movie has him lurking and gliding and every other movie has them acting like bugs should dictate that by now the way we know the creature moves is like bugs.
All the other movies basically have made it official that this thing movies that way. The original was first and it should have been the standard but Aliens took that away.

Aliens was so good and loved by everybody that the bug movement got here to stay. hate it as much as you want but thats what everyone is used to (even videogames did this) Sure it could have been cool to see the alien move slowly and hide and lurk and stalk people but that could only work if you had a remake.

the creator of the first one is making this thing jump like a kangaroo. he had a chance to make it slow and hiding, he chose to do the jumping one. if the creator of the thing itself is doing it.... then it just becomes official.

Besides, Clown is right

True.

It's not 1979, people know the formula, what the xenos are, and what they look like.

There is no mystery anymore.

Even the humans are predictable and reminiscent of previous Alien characters.

this is why keeping it in the dark would be dumb by now. the minute everyone has a figure of the alien in their desk it lost the element of mystery. the alien can still be scary but I dont think it can be dark and mysterious anymore.
besides audiences want bigger thrills. audiences want bigger scares now. Alien is still a perfect movie and works but if they repeated alien I dont think people would be as excited to see it in theaters.

you want to be stuck in the 80s but that only works for remakes or reboots. The fact that only one movie has him lurking and gliding and every other movie has them acting like bugs should dictate that by now the way we know the creature moves is like bugs.
All the other movies basically have made it official that this thing movies that way. The original was first and it should have been the standard but Aliens took that away.

Aliens was so good and loved by everybody that the bug movement got here to stay. hate it as much as you want but thats what everyone is used to (even videogames did this) Sure it could have been cool to see the alien move slowly and hide and lurk and stalk people but that could only work if you had a remake.

the creator of the first one is making this thing jump like a kangaroo. he had a chance to make it slow and hiding, he chose to do the jumping one. if the creator of the thing itself is doing it.... then it just becomes official.

Besides, Clown is right

this is why keeping it in the dark would be dumb by now. the minute everyone has a figure of the alien in their desk it lost the element of mystery. the alien can still be scary but I dont think it can be dark and mysterious anymore.
besides audiences want bigger thrills. audiences want bigger scares now. Alien is still a perfect movie and works but if they repeated alien I dont think people would be as excited to see it in theaters.

Yeah. That's kind what I touched on. It will never be as scary as first time seeing it. And any chance of going back has been destroyed by the current string of alien movies we have now. Just as the chestbuster will never be as shocking so to the Alien will never be as scary.

But. Its not so much the lurking in the dark scariness i want back. It's the behavior of the Alien. The original Alien had a different feel...you really got the sense that it was thinking. It wasn't an animal that it's always depicted as now. It was a curious, thinking organism. The way it killed Lambert seemed more like it was exploring her as it killed her...which is genuinely disturbing. It's not that I necessarily care about it hiding in the shadows like the boogeyman. But it behaved differently... It just truly felt like an Alien creature...not a rabid animal

The Alien formula can still work as long as there is a new creature or it's a different movie with a new monster, because it's just horror and it can always work, but when people know what the creature looks like, it becomes pointless to spend the first act developing a bunch of soon to be dead characters that no one gives a crap about anyways. It's predictable. Cameron was smart enough to make the sequel more action oriented, thus offering something different, but again....once that was done and done very well, then what do you do next? Monster movies that rely on mystery and suspense rarely work more than once, because that element is gone by the end of the film.

It's what happened to Chucky, Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers and just about any creature or monster that's been in multiple films. One day we'll see the Alien creature shooting guns and talking :lol

The Alien formula can still work as long as there is a new creature or it's a different movie with a new monster, because it's just horror and it can always work, but when people know what the creature looks like, it becomes pointless to spend the first act developing a bunch of soon to be dead characters that no one gives a crap about anyways. It's predictable. Cameron was smart enough to make the sequel more action oriented, thus offering something different, but again....once that was done and done very well, then what do you do next? Monster movies that rely on mystery and suspense rarely work more than once, because that element is gone by the end of the film.

It's what happened to Chucky, Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers and just about any creature or monster that's been in multiple films.

at that point it just becomes how creatively can you kill off the teens. :lol

Yeah. That's kind what I touched on. It will never be as scary as first time seeing it. And any chance of going back has been destroyed by the current string of alien movies we have now. Just as the chestbuster will never be as shocking so to the Alien will never be as scary.

But. Its not so much the lurking in the dark scariness i want back. It's the behavior of the Alien. The original Alien had a different feel...you really got the sense that it was thinking. It wasn't an animal that it's always depicted as now. It was a curious, thinking organism. The way it killed Lambert seemed more like it was exploring her as it killed her...which is genuinely disturbing. It's not that I necessarily care about it hiding in the shadows like the boogeyman. But it behaved differently... It just truly felt like an Alien creature...not a rabid animal

Im not saying I dont want the smart thinking lurking alien from the first movie back, It would be nice to have that alien back. that alien had more elegance.

But after 30 years I think that first alien is the anomaly now. the odd one of the group. for good or bad James Cameron and his hive of aliens became the official kind of alien. I guess my point is, I understand why you guys and Gaspar want the old alien back, I understand how it behave better

But while having that alien back would be nice, I dont hate the idea of this bug animal alien. I am used to this bug animal alien and I welcome it. the other more intelligent alien is still good and could have been good in the movie but im not disappointed in the trailer. I love that clip of the alien breaking the glass and Im excited for it.

It's what happened to Chucky, Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers and just about any creature or monster that's been in multiple films. One day we'll see the Alien creature shooting guns and talking :lol

I have always hated Freddy's new Nightmare because of this. It is my most hated Freddy Kruger movie.
Wes Craven tried to have a movie like the first one where we never see Freddy and tries to play on the mystery and the suspense but after seeing Freddy playing Nintendo, New Nightmare felt stupid in how much they hid freddy.
Im not saying i wanted freddy skateboarding or playing the ukulele or anything like that but that movie needed to have Freddy's presence much more than they chose to show him.
I understand the movie was about Freddy coming to the real world but I always wished they showed us freddy Talking to the kid and stuff. that movie shows exactly the problem of what you are talking about. Wes tries to make freddy serious and mysterious and it doesn't work because people are too used to freddy

Yeah it's been jumpy bug action since ALIENS. I really love ALIEN 3 but I think that movie really set the "crawly" Alien aspect in stone. From then on they all have sort of behaved like the dog Alien. I wouldn't mind putting the "Nosferatu" of the Big Chap back into the creature. But who knows. Maybe we'll see a bit of both.
Hopefully, it'd be the best if it had both.

We don't have a pool :monkey2
This is why you plan ahead.

I don't want to be stuck in the 80's, but people have shown that they don't have the imagination it takes to actually innovate instead of just making things ordinary, but you're fine with ordinary so you don't see the possibilities.

I like Aliens, but it demystified and destroyed what the Alien should be, might as well have any other alien bug in there.

I don't necessarily hate what Aliens did though, it was a classic sequel turn, because Aliens still has many other ominous elements and it was innovative at the time, even Alien 3 merged both aspects of the creature pretty good, but just giving out everything away and treat the alien like a pack dog straight away is the easiest, most pedestrian way to treat it.

I only ask for a little imagination and creativity, I expect/hope to get it from the overall story, not so much from the creature anymore.

But hey, maybe it's just the trailer made to hook people and we have a more insidious creature on screen.

Once again you show an incredibly small imagination.

And you mention videogames and appeal to popularity like videogames or popularity are validation, the best Alien game so far has the Alien lurking around.

And you say it like this is a good thing, or "official" in the age of reboots and remakes means anything.

:exactly:

I know, combine the Alien with a Predator, call it Predalien, it's gonna be a hit with the masses!

Even Prince gets the fact that Cameron deserves credit because what he did was innovation, Crows, you accuse me of reboots and remakes for wanting the Alien move a little more like ONE movie, yet you're fine with the Alien moving like he does in 6?

If the movie is good, and the Alien is more than what this trailer shows, which I sure hope because it's a trailer, I'll have no complaints on the movement, I promise you that.

But while having that alien back would be nice, I dont hate the idea of this bug animal alien. I am used to this bug animal alien and I welcome it. the other more intelligent alien is still good and could have been good in the movie but im not disappointed in the trailer. I love that clip of the alien breaking the glass and Im excited for it.
I don't either, I'd like to have both aspects honestly, it's just a concern and I think modern movies warrant concern, always :lol

I think the bit with the Xeno under the red light looks good, the open one atop the ship looks more like obvious CGI, but I do like that it rams the window.

Im not saying I dont want the smart thinking lurking alien from the first movie back, It would be nice to have that alien back. that alien had more elegance.

But after 30 years I think that first alien is the anomaly now. the odd one of the group. for good or bad James Cameron and his hive of aliens became the official kind of alien. I guess my point is, I understand why you guys and Gaspar want the old alien back, I understand how it behave better

In a sense the silent intelligence of the original Alien was embodied in the Queen Alien. So it wasn't completely lost (until she became a weird prego labor monster...and then a T-rex...but we don't have to go there :lol)

I have no issue with the glass breaking part. That part looks cool. It's animalistic...but intense. I'm down with it. It's the red hall wall jumping...

but I mean it's a trailer. It's a blip in the movie...who knows what we'll see. I'm more excited than I am disappointed.

Ah, brilliant post.

im saying Im fine with both kind of aliens. i like the alien in the first movie and i like the bug aliens from the second movie. I dont have a problem with either one.
but in this kind of movie, the kind of fast paced horror they are going for, it seems like the bug alien is the one that fits the most.

If they come up with a more suspenseful slower horror story then they can bring up the first alien. and it will work well.

when I mention video games Im talking about how used to we are to the bug alien. Im talking about familiarity, not popularity. Im talking about how we are so used to the bug alien by now. so this movie doesn't feel bad for me because im so used to the bug alien.

Im not saying i dislike the first alien. Im just saying, in 30 years we have been shown the bug alien much more so we are more used to it. im not saying thats a good thing or not. Im just saying it makes sense for them to use the bug alien

You talk about originality and they are creating brand new, weird White freaky aliens
So they did try to come up with something new.
they even came up with a new way for them to be born. so technically they did

Even Prince gets the fact...

CrCTFzR.gif

:wave

Back