Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im saying Im fine with both kind of aliens. i like the alien in the first movie and i like the bug aliens from the second movie. I dont have a problem with either one.
but in this kind of movie, the kind of fast paced horror they are going for, it seems like the bug alien is the one that fits the most.

If they come up with a more suspenseful slower horror story then they can bring up the first alien. and it will work well.
Well, we agree here. I kinda think the Alien here will be on the background, if the story is to follow up Prometheus.

You talk about originality and they are creating brand new, weird White freaky aliens
So they did try to come up with something new.
they even came up with a new way for them to be born. so technically they did
I can' talk about the white Aliens, but they could look good.

But Alien: Colonial Marines also brought a lot of new Aliens :lol

Dude, I honestly wish I could stop hating, I do nothing but complain lately, I really wish it wasn't so, but pop-culture gives me so little to work with, and Hollywood messing with the classics makes me so very nervous :lol I really do want to like this one, I even like the last supper prologue.

CrCTFzR.gif

:wave
:lol

I mean as in you in the opposing side of the argument, not as in you don't get stuff.

You're the smartest manlet I know, ese, if you got BvS you'd be a genius.

i hate stuff as well (like power rangers :lol been hating on that non stop) but to me this looks good. and The Predator to me doesn't sound bad (Yet)
I guess i might have a soft spot for these two. The trailer for Predator might be really awful but i still have hope.

I understand a lot of people dont like the Bug aliens and a lot of people dont like the hive of aliens idea Cameron came up with but I personally always liked it. I like the fact that they are like an army of soldiers and that they are like one big organized group that coordinates attacks. The original Alien had elegance and was scary and thats really good
but I like how organized and coordinated the bug aliens are as well. I like that they have a strategy for getting to the humans in the movies.

im saying Im fine with both kind of aliens. i like the alien in the first movie and i like the bug aliens from the second movie. I dont have a problem with either one.
but in this kind of movie, the kind of fast paced horror they are going for, it seems like the bug alien is the one that fits the most.

If they come up with a more suspenseful slower horror story then they can bring up the first alien. and it will work well.

when I mention video games Im talking about how used to we are to the bug alien. Im talking about familiarity, not popularity. Im talking about how we are so used to the bug alien by now. so this movie doesn't feel bad for me because im so used to the bug alien.

Im not saying i dislike the first alien. Im just saying, in 30 years we have been shown the bug alien much more so we are more used to it. im not saying thats a good thing or not. Im just saying it makes sense for them to use the bug alien

You talk about originality and they are creating brand new, weird White freaky aliens
So they did try to come up with something new.
they even came up with a new way for them to be born. so technically they did

I hear ya. I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy the bug aspect of aliens. It's just I prefer the original. As for the familiarity, It's like how the force push sort of became asscociated with Star Wars even thoigh it never really happened in the originals :lol whatcha gonna do. Things catch on and they stick.

I want this movie to be good. It's been sooooooooooo long since we got a good Alien movie. I mean...I'll be there opening night with my Alien dollie no matter what I say here :lol

i hate stuff as well (like power rangers :lol been hating on that non stop) but to me this looks good. and The Predator to me doesn't sound bad (Yet)
I guess i might have a soft spot for these two. The trailer for Predator might be really awful but i still have hope.
I have a hard spot for them myself, I will be more strict about stuff I like, I remember that day I found out about the Predator 2.0, I was like "yeah, today's a good day, I feel very positive, hey look, Predator news, boy am I looking forward to that movie".

*reads about Predator 2.0*

tumblr_mz3dc7rDnb1tomvn7o1_400.gif

I understand a lot of people dont like the Bug aliens and a lot of people dont like the hive of aliens idea Cameron came up with but I personally always liked it. I like the fact that they are like an army of soldiers and that they are like one big organized group that coordinates attacks. The original Alien had elegance and was scary and thats really good
but I like how organized and coordinated the bug aliens are as well. I like that they have a strategy for getting to the humans in the movies.
I like that too, but I also think it needs that elegance and semblance of sentience to be genuinely scary an threatening.

Again, I have to admit headbutting the windshield was pretty badass.

I'm not too worried about the CG. Both the practical and CG elements in Prometheus looked excellent and that film came out half a decade ago.

High-res thumbnail for the YouTube trailer:

hq720.jpg

I like that it plays off the animalistic, insectoid vibe of the "modern" aliens, but not in the way ADI's been doing it. Less like a T-Rex and more like an actual insect. I can get behind that.

I think the aspect of sending couples is very interesting, this is sci-fi thinking, I like that.

Although I have to ask why send the seemingly gay couple? :lol They seem like an odd choice to send to colonize and populate in an expedition that I can only imagine cost more money than there is on earth today. It's only a question, one that I hope gets resolved in the movie.

Also, I only say they're gay because it's been implied online, because of the kiss scene, maybe they're just very good bros :lol still the question remains.

Or maybe there's a designated mother, that'd be another cool exploratory sci-fi twist.

I think the aspect of sending couples is very interesting, this is sci-fi thinking, I like that.

Although I have to ask why send the seemingly gay couple? :lol They seem like an odd choice to send to colonize and populate in an expedition that I can only imagine cost more money than there is on earth today. It's only a question, one that I hope gets resolved in the movie.

Also, I only say they're gay because it's been implied online, because of the kiss scene, maybe they're just very good bros :lol still the question remains.

Or maybe there's a designated mother, that'd be another cool exploratory sci-fi twist.

to cuck the cis males :dunno (the ladies need extra loving)

Not too impressed by that CGI. Looked like a video game to me. Sort of dissapointed they went with the CGI route but I suppose nothing can be worse than Alien 3 on that front.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

After watching the trailer several times, it struck me that it feels closest to AVP: Requiem than anything else.
It looks like the film that should have been, but not the film that Ridley Scott should be making now. :lol

I will be there opening night the same as the rest of you xenoheads.

Great reading the last few pages of quality thoughts on Xeno behavior preferences, great posts made by biojex, crows and Clown.

I guess variety within the same movie will be the solution, crows can have his jumping Yoda Xeno while biojex gets his slumbering Hedorah Xeno. :lol

Honestly the trailer didn't do much for me, the standout thing was obviously the Alien bashing his head on the cockpit window.

Sure his squat looked cool and he looked ferocious but ahhhh, we've already seen aliens doing crazy **** in those AvP movies so nothing new there.

Fox didn't even care to surprise us with that Alien in their own trailer since they used him as the cover photo for their official video release. :slap

I never watched Brometheus but I know what happens so I won't even bother sitting thru it but this i'll go see this just so that I can keep reminding my invisible friends next to me that Aliens is still vastly superior.

Last edited:
Can you imagine a new Jaws film with a CGI shark? :lol

allow me to show you the pinnacle of shark CGI in cinema.....:lol

As to the new trailer, it's better for sure than the first teaser. I do wonder if that 'last supper' scene will really be in the movie now since you hear the dialogue in this new trailer. It could just be used for the trailer since it was supposedly a marketing shoot.

I for one like the xenos how they're depicted as moving. I think before we knew they were capable of it but limitations of cinema and fx precluded it as was mentioned before. Now that we can, I think as long as its not over used it should work ok. I didn't think the CGI looked bad honestly. If I had to pick one gripe about the newer direction the xenos seem to have been taking is what started with in Alien Resurrection. They seemed to (at that time) take on more shape and lines from a pumpkinhead creature than the classic big chap and Aliens xenos. Continued with that design through AvP series and seems to still be heading that way. I get the whole lifecycle/genetic mimicing thing, but if the xenos in AvP came from ancient Mayan humans they should look more like the classic Big Chap and Aliens ones vs. the genetic **** ups from Resurrection. Now that said, they're looking (in the trailer) closer to how they have in the past but they still are for sure borrowing on the Pumpkinhead/Resurrection design.

c917c87fa339441fa97d4d3845298451.jpg

a21.jpg

alien__resurrection_by_fuvl-d6i7pia.jpg

369882-91444-pumpkinhead.jpg

Big Chap and he second movie are the perfect representation of bio/mechanical hybrid imho-

maxresdefault.jpg

aliens-neca-review-poe-ghostal-4.jpg

It's better than the AvP/Resurrection xenos I think, although still borrowing some elements-

yNWp9tl.jpg

And this sequence in the trailer was cool, reminded me of the vent sequence from the second film

VS5xHUG.jpg

eDNtOpp.jpg

I'm in agreement with those who say the bug like thing is a good way to depict them. Even in Isolation game, you got some buglike movements but you also got the stealthy creep. If fox want's a 'true' reboot/requel, making a live movie of that game could be a way to go. And yes I liked the Alien3 xeno, it worked, but the current xeno trend afterwards is I think going farther away from Giger's original design and my least favorite. There's hope for this now with this new trailer :D

Back