Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Paradise Lost)

Anything Scott directs is worth a look- he's made far more great films than most directors can even hope to dream of....even his "failures" are pretty darn interesting

Anything Scott directs is worth a look- he's made far more great films than most directors can even hope to dream of....even his "failures" are pretty darn interesting

This is true. I hate some of the minor structural dumb stuff in Prometheus but the concepts themselves are worth thinking about.

Looks very interesting and has little nods here and there to the original Alien which is nice. The call back to Lambert's death in the shower scene,only for it this time to be a guy getting the end of the tail this time, is a pretty neat touch.

It certainly looks to me more promising than I thought it would. Certainly more Alien in tone that Prometheus was.

Seems like a straight-up remake of Prometheus....

nVeUnAz.jpg

Too soon?

It really does look like a remake/reboot of the first ALIEN movie.

I guess Ridley finally gave Fox what its been asking for years.

It really does look like a remake/reboot of the first ALIEN movie.

I guess Ridley finally gave Fox what its been asking for years.

You sound disappointed. Were you hoping he would of still kept some of his Prometheus vision in Covenant ? Or at least tried something newer ?

This doesn't have me as hyped as Prometheus did. Could be because the trailer itself is more generic compared to the 1979-style promo for the previous film. Could also be because this looks almost like a Prometheus remake. And an Alien remake.

Couldn't they just continue Shaw and David's story?

EDIT: The more I watch, the cooler it seems. Liking the vibe I'm getting from Danny McBridge. I was excited to hear of his casting and he seems to be playing the character I thought he'd be. Looks good.

Digging the weird spore thing, too. If they're holding onto the weirder wildlife footage from the planet, I'm game.

Back