Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after all the defending Ridley did for Prometheus and the potential plot holes it looks like he's just ignoring that bigger story he started and remaking Alien but for this generation. I liked Prometheus but it looks like Ridley was making it all up on the job.

So after all the defending Ridley did for Prometheus and the potential plot holes it looks like he's just ignoring that bigger story he started and remaking Alien but for this generation.
I'm concerned about this too, I liked the ancient astronaut thing of Prometheus, I hope this movie is still about that.

I'm concerned about this too, I liked the ancient astronaut thing of Prometheus, I hope this movie is still about that.

Could still be strands of Prometheus in there. We know David and Shaw are so thats a connection there. Plus this is only a teaser. The next trailer could give us a better idea of who and what we are dealing with here.

Re: Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Paradise Lost)

Anything Scott directs is worth a look- he's made far more great films than most directors can even hope to dream of....even his "failures" are pretty darn interesting

I agree. I think it's because he's very much a "thinking man's" director. Not to put anyone down that doesn't like his flicks as "non-thinking" (lord knows I enjoy brainless action as much if not more than the next man), it's just he always puts a lot of detailed thought into his films, rather than "I thought this would be really cool to include". Everything serves a specific purpose. He's not always successful with it IMO, bit I do appreciate that he's an enormous talent.

At least they gave up the whole thing in the first trailer instead of tryin' to hide the fact that it's just a remake. I respect that.

I like the look of the movie (considering it's pretty much Alien with a hint of Aliens in there) but it just renders Prometheus irrelevant now. That's not even David in the movie right? Just another model?

Is this Prometheus II or jus a alien reboot. Prometheus pissed me off the first time I saw it, but realized it was jus a slow burn of what's to come from the next two movies. This trailer looks like a huge leap forward. I don't know about this. At least it isn't the "let's forget about 3&4" blomkomp crap people at ranting about. I like blomkomp jus fine, but forgetting past movies is jus stupid.

Star wars the force awakens all over again...

Oohhh boy... I was jus watching YouTube videos of people being pissed about force awakens, and I couldn't agree any more! **** these unoriginal remakes! I mean cmon people, let's get something original going again. Or else, what's gonna be the next big thing??? Oh wait....a remake....

Awful trailer is awful.

So after all the defending Ridley did for Prometheus and the potential plot holes it looks like he's just ignoring that bigger story he started and remaking Alien but for this generation. I liked Prometheus but it looks like Ridley was making it all up on the job.

Agreed. I love the concept of Prometheus but thought the execution was horrendous. This is just going through the same troupes we've gotten numb to for 30 years of the series.

Also, Hollywood needs to stop giving away character deaths in trailers.

Wasn't too impressed with the trailer, to be honest...
I look forward to finding out what happened to Shaw and how David was put together again.

Can u share?
Spoilers were posted 12/18/16. Was from those who was at the test screenings and saw a rough cut of the film. There are also people "in the know" over at AvPGalaxy. They were the one who broke the news about James Franco and they also claim these leaks are legit. The trailer footage pretty much confirms it all.

HUGE SPOILERS for the entire movie:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Spoilers were posted 12/18/16. Was from those who was at the test screenings and saw a rough cut of the film. There are also people "in the know" over at AvPGalaxy. They were the one who broke the news about James Franco and they also claim these leaks are legit. The trailer footage pretty much confirms it all.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thank you for that. Exactly What i expected.
Basically Scott and co ditched the whole engineer, epic angle for this rehash of alien/aliens and unused story points of alien engineers the original Prometheus script.
They could have had the best of both worlds... Damn What a wasted opportunity to make something really original and new with alien.
Well this is gonna look very cool tho.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, these spoilers sound terrible.

Back