Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoilers were posted 12/18/16. Was from those who was at the test screenings and saw a rough cut of the film. There are also people "in the know" over at AvPGalaxy. They were the one who broke the news about James Franco and they also claim these leaks are legit. The trailer footage pretty much confirms it all.

HUGE SPOILERS for the entire movie:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Thank you for that. Exactly What i expected.
Basically Scott and co ditched the whole engineer, epic angle for this rehash of alien/aliens and unused story points of alien engineers the original Prometheus script.
They could have had the best of both worlds... Damn What a wasted opportunity to make something really original and new with alien.
Well this is gonna look very cool tho.

Well, these spoilers sound terrible.

Especially David being the one...

Where does david get a body?

Is it a new david in the trailer?wtf is going on?

So this new movie wont answer any of the questions from prometheus then

Shaw had David's body with her at the end of Prometheus.

I thought it was a different David but according to the spoilers it's the same one.

So apparently Alien is now part of the memeber franchises too. Sigh.

Had to skip over the last couple of pages trying to avoid spoilers...

The trailer actually put me in the mood to watch Prometheus again.

If the spoilers are true, I'm disappointed with where this storyline has gone. Sounds as disappointing as Alien 3 was after Aliens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where does david get a body?

Is it a new david in the trailer?wtf is going on?

So this new movie wont answer any of the questions from prometheus then

What questions do you have?
Using the original script and Scott´s interview one can answer them all :)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Btw yes there is a new David model, named Walter.
He is the one you see coming out of the covenant ship.
The original David was fixed with shaw´s help hence why he has his body back.
David Will probably try to convince Walter to join him but no you cant have two bad fassbender running around lol

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Poor Rapace.
The meeting she had when they told her that they would not follow the Prometheus storyline and just kill her off must have been something...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Poor Rapace.
The meeting she had when they told her that they would not follow the Prometheus storyline and just kill her off must have been something...
Well

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope they still explore that storyline and it's not just another member movie.

This will probably be a good scary horror movie.
It will probably have great visuals and great effects. Style over substance

Story will be predictable.

So literally, exactly the same case as star wars the force awakens.

Well

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hope they still explore that storyline and it's not just another member movie.

Its simply a commercial and budget move.

Prometheus did not perform as Fox wanted.
Reviews were mixed too. So its back to basics.
Lets get rid of yur mumbo jumbo Ridley the audience just want to be scared with the xenomorph.
Shaw and David in a living populated engineer planet would have cost way more too.
Then you have Fassbender who is now a bankable star so lets make him the star of the show by putting him in the middle of it all.

Prometheus took its roots in Alien but it Will go another way... Yeah right Ridley lol
The guy was probably sincère but he ****ed up big time when he tought he could create a new franchise based only on some visuals and concepts he wanted to see on screen and then ask a screen writer to flesh a story around these.

This will probably be a good scary horror movie.
It will probably have great visuals and great effects. Style over substance

Story will be predictable.

So literally, exactly the same case as star wars the force awakens.

I think so.
Just hope its not dumb.
And that we Will have some surprises.

Lets get rid of yur mumbo jumbo Ridley the audience just want to be scared with the xenomorph.
Shaw and David in a living populated engineer planet would have cost way more too.
Then you have Fassbender who is now a bankable star so lets make him the star of the show by putting him in the middle of it all.

Prometheus took its roots in Alien but it Will go another way... Yeah right Ridley lol
The guy was probably sincère but he ****ed up big time when he tought he could create a new franchise based only on some visuals and concepts he wanted to see on screen and then ask a screen writer to flesh a story around these.

Sad times indeed.

Ridley f ed up the moment he got LOST writer Damon Lindelof.
Thats when ridley's story went off the rails

Well the trailer got me more interested, would've been happier with a straight Prometheus sequel though.

I've been trying to avoid spoilers in this thread, but it seems to me that the planet they're visiting is LV223 after it's grown since the events of Prometheus, is that the case or is this a new planet?

Eh, I will go see it once in theatres and see how I go. I hope to be surprised in some areas but, as others have already said here, it looks like a by the numbers Alien remake that apparently a lot of fans wanted from Prometheus to begin with.

That begs the question though. Do you think pandering to nostalgia from the older films hurts a franchise in the long run or are studios just giving what the masses want to see aka putting butts in seats ? Is it just the hardcore fans getting disappointed ?

And as for TFA I thought that was the movie SW fans wanted all along in the prequels, a film that felt like the original trilogy ? Its not what they wanted after all after seeing it ? Did SW fans even know what they wanted from 7 to begin with ?

Eh, I will go see it once in theatres and see how I go. I hope to be surprised in some areas but, as others have already said here, it looks like a by the numbers Alien remake that apparently a lot of fans wanted from Prometheus to begin with.

That begs the question though. Do you think pandering to nostalgia from the older films hurts a franchise in the long run or are studios just giving what the masses want to see aka putting butts in seats ? Is it just the hardcore fans getting disappointed ?

Well how did Rogue One did?

And as for TFA I thought that was the movie SW fans wanted all along in the prequels, a film that felt like the original trilogy ? Its not what they wanted after all after seeing it ? Did SW fans even know what they wanted from 7 to begin with ?

Did people wanted a remake of a new hope? Complete with new death star?

Did people really want a remake of alien now?

Back