Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus Sequel (2017)

Sounds like he wants to go full-Cameron.

Yeah I don't think this stuff will happen. Prometheus 2 maybe.

Never go full Cameron.

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Ridley always stacks up 5-7 movies at a time and makes maybe one of them. P2 will maybe happen but success and Academy Award buzz on Martian may change his mind and he'll dump it

So the sequel to the not prequel will be called Alien? Prometheus 2: Muddy Waters

If Martian is a big hit and Academy Award contender I am convinced P2 is back on the shelf....

Ridley has to know this isn't the most popular of his films and may be too much of a potboiler to do seeing how critically adored Martian seems to be..

Ridley is on full Georges Lucas retard mode.
The engineers angle could have been really interesting but it needed to be really weird and ****ed up.
This way too human and rational to be scary, its not original either.
I already see good vs bad engineers...

I'll take that over Kubrick's apes of 2001.

I'm interested in the title. If it has a Milton's Paradise Lost sort of angle, I'll be completely sold. I didn't mind Prometheus. To be fair though, I saw the film before watching Alien Quad. Never seen an alien movie til last year.

Interesting. Which Alien film emerged as your favourite having only watched them for the first time last year?

Interesting. Which Alien film emerged as your favourite having only watched them for the first time last year?

That's a damn good question - him watching them all only recently and current-day (as opposed to having "real time" expectations set as they were released) gives a perspective that most of us did not have.

Will be interested to read the response.

That's a damn good question - him watching them all only recently and current-day (as opposed to having "real time" expectations set as they were released) gives a perspective that most of us did not have.

Will be interested to read the response.

I'd have to say Alien was my favorite of the entire line (excluding any AVP stuff, considering I've also yet to see any Predator film). Why? For several reasons, the bias reasons are: Hurt is a favorite actor of mine, Harry Dean Stanton, is well...HDS. :lol Sigourney Weaver looks the best in this film (not a fan of short hair, so didn't like Aliens, shaved Ripley, or passed-your-prime Weaver in Resurrection.

For the actual cinematography and story, I like the authentic and simple use of one Alien. Not a lot seemed "fake" except for the part where Ripley is escaping on the pod; and the alien was blown out the pod. The characters themselves had a huge range. Ash was a bastard and it seemed quite authentic in the way how I can assume an android would be prejudice to a human. Dallas had that sort of leadership where you hated the guy but could respect; like breaking quarantine with Kane. Hurt pulling off the chestburster was fantastic acting. Also loved how true the emotions displayed by everyone during that scene.

It also was quite chilling simply with the words: Crew Expandable. Like, how can one not be so chilled by that? Probably a favorite line next to HAL's stuff of 2001. Score was also impacting, however, I'm not one to really follow soundtrack, but sound and audio are always something I do enjoy especially in a survival based film.

I've seen the film maybe 3 more times since last year's viewing, and I can say it'll probably always be a favorite for me.

Aliens would come as second, but with a huge gap. I don't really gather how it's as popular as it is. However, I'll say it's my displacement from the launch of the film. I can say with certainty that I still don't follow, nor care for Paxton's Game Over. The Queen was something too, pretty crazy! I would say that I really only liked Bishop and Hicks; and Newt had me feeling the feels at time. As for story, the only thing that had me was how Ripley was asleep for 57 years, and the bit of Ripley's daughter. After that, I just was phased by it.

Resurrection and A3 are still good films IMO, but I think it largely had to do with the cast. Perlman, Dance, and so on. I also had a crush with Winona since Edward Scissorhands, so I didn't mind the fourth lol. But the dependency of multiple aliens and shotty effects had me turned off. But I still don't mind watching them; but still won't top Alien.

Prometheus though, I'd put that above Aliens. I can see where people were turned off, but being huge into comics and games and how the sequels but not related and stuff; I can get by. I love the cast in it; and effects were gorgeous. Overall good Sci-Fi flick; but for putting into the timeline of Alien? It has flaws, quite a few contradictions. But still, I enjoy it.

Alien Resurrection.
It's a close third with A3. Probably has to do with Ryder's presence lol.

Back