Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus Sequel (March 2016)

I am looking forward to this. I did enjoy the first one with its flaws but I would love more back story on the Engineers. They are just so beast!

It's nice to see that there's a good contingency of supporters for PROMETHEUS on these boards, because warts & all it's still a great visual experience, & does pose interesting questions about the origin of life etc.

Honestly, the one thing I personally hated the most about it, was Shaw's boyfriend. :lol

Translation: "Go and watch better films, you snob."

:lol

It's nice to see that there's a good contingency of supporters for PROMETHEUS on these boards, because warts & all it's still a great visual experience, & does pose interesting questions about the origin of life etc.

Honestly, the one thing I personally hated the most about it, was Shaw's boyfriend. :lol

I think it tried to pose interesting questions, but mostly failed...
But I agree on Shaw's boyfriend, he was an insufferable, arrogant little prick. Which, in turn, speaks pretty poorly of Shaw.

don't hold your breath..... Ridley will find one or five more projects suddenly he will direct first..

For decades he wanted to make a movie around mysterious extraterrestrial creature from O'Bannon's story yet couldn't conceive a proper story on his own or let those who work in that field do their job. There's nothing to respect.

Right.

Ridley Scott is an awesome cinematographer and that's it.
Too often he pokes his arrogant nose where it doesn't belong.

Wrong.

I feel complaining about some of the things left unexplained is like complaining that they never explained what the Jockey in the original Alien was, or where the eggs came from, or why the ship crashed. Sometimes it's far more effective to just let the audience's imaginations consume them coming up with theories and explanations of their own.

Visually and aurally it's a tour-de-force of a movie. The world of cinema's going to be a lot poorer when Scott shuffles off this mortal coil.

ggPUBI0.gif

Very well said, indeed.

___

To whoever liked "Brometheus" - read Lem's "The Astronauts" (1951).
Similar story (way too similar) and timeless sci-fi (unlike this movie) without stupidly inserted religious tones.

Re: Prometheus Sequel (2017)

Well, I doubt Scott will get to do all that he says he wants to... I'll be happy if we get to see a Prometheus 2. I really want to see where this story goes.

Back