Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus Sequel (March 2016)

I enjoyed Prometheus a lot and look forward to the sequel.

I believer Ridley said it won't have much, if anything, to so wit the Xenomorphs. Something about him seeing the Engineers as the new "Xenomorphs" for this franchise. Plus if they're making Alien 5, there can't be too much of the same.

I hope Ridley explores more of Weyland/Weyland-Yutani's role in the Alien Universe. The company typically plays a backseat villain role besides Carter Burke. I would like to see a more anti-hero come from Weyland. The one, and only thing I dug about Alien three was seeing Michael Bishop/Bishop II, Bishop's creator. It would be something if Michael Fassbender played duel roles in Prometheus 2 in such that the human (?) model and creator of David 8 brings a team of scientists and mercenaries to track down Prometheus. As this character's story arc unfolds, he realizes his own humanity and part in being a gear in an evil machine. Dark Horse Comics Alien Genocide tapped into this in which the male protaganist originally was a company owner looking to profit off of purse "royal jelly." Yet seeing the death and destruction of the alien, he becomes a warrior and destroys the Alien Queen and hive. The idea of a man playing God in creating androids a la new life realizes one's fatal flaws. Thus taking it upon himself, Shaw, and whatever other characters in destroying the Engineers whom having been toying with creation for centuries.
Plus, I don't want to see a bodiless David 8 and Shaw running around a planet for two hours without any other characters, suspense, action, and countless existential monologues that the protagonists find time to discuss in dire situations.

The design didn't do a whole lot for me either, but have you seen the concept of the full-grown version?

ultramorph.jpg

That would be a sight to behold.

Wasn't it named "Ultramorph" or something?

i wonder what noomi rapeface is doing with fassbender's head...

i mean its a long trip and all...

Are the Space Jockey's still going to be stunted dwarves compared to the pilot of the original derelict spacecraft? :lol

If it is a choice between that and CGI, I'm okay with an 8ft Engineer ;)

The motion capture technique used for King Kong, Hulk, Ben Grimm/Thing has good enough results to be used here.

The design didn't do a whole lot for me either, but have you seen the concept of the full-grown version?

ultramorph.jpg

That would be a sight to behold.

The Ultramorph,
when it was a direct alien prequel, this was the first xeno to exists.
The whole concept was conceived by the illustrator Carlos Huante and it was quite well put together.
The idea was that Shaws boyfriend was infected and while having sex he gave birth to a the deacon, wich was transculent white xeno with no skeleton.
The pure xeno form.
Then when the Engineer is impregnated, he give birth to the ultramorph, wich had the biomechanoid properties from the Engineers.
Big bad mofo, the first xeno as we know it.
Scott really made all the wrong choices in the end.

Scott's desire to make an ALIEN prequel was the first link in the chain of wrong choices which led to "Brometheus".

I think I'm in the tiny minority of people who actually enjoyed Prometheus (then again when Blade Runner was first released people despised it and picked it apart too), so I'm looking forward to this more than Blomkamp's Aliens retread.

I suspect with Damon Lindelof presumably not having any involvement with this sequel, many of the things people disliked about the first won't be present in the second.

I think I'm in the tiny minority of people who actually enjoyed Prometheus (then again when Blade Runner was first released people despised it and picked it apart too), so I'm looking forward to this more than Blomkamp's Aliens retread.

I suspect with Damon Lindelof presumably not having any involvement with this sequel, many of the things people disliked about the first won't be present in the second.

I don't know, I think it is just a case of the people who didn't enjoy it being louder than the rest of us as usual, I'm sure plenty of people liked it. I am very much in the camp that enjoyed it, although even I didn't like some aspects. I agree a lack of Lindelof can only be a good thing. But more than that, people will hopefully have learned from the first not to expect another Alien movie which means they will go in without that assumption this time and give themselves a better chance to enjoy it for what it is.

I love the movie as its own movie and love the look and the atmosphere. the story is retarded but the movie is amazing to watch and the music is amazing as well.

I HATE Lidelof but his first draft of the movie was not even as bad as it is now. Scott Asked him to make it more mysterious and to hide more stuff. Not even Lidelof made it as problematic as it is now.

that's ALL on Scott.... he made the movie he wanted to make.

I love the movie as its own movie and love the look and the atmosphere. the story is retarded but the movie is amazing to watch and the music is amazing as well.

I HATE Lidelof but his first draft of the movie was not even as bad as it is now. Scott Asked him to make it more mysterious and to hide more stuff. Not even Lidelof made it as problematic as it is now.

that's ALL on Scott.... he made the movie he wanted to make.

Exactly, Lindelof is not the one to blâme, his script is actually the best version of the movie and should have been shot as is.
Doing an Alien prequel could have been cool but making it basically a remake of the original was boring.

Last edited:

Most of the cringe inducing terrible changes of the first scripts were all Scott's fault

Back