Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prometheus Sequel (March 2016)

Plus, Steve Irwin constantly got up and close to dangerous, even deadly wildlife.

He was consistent though with his passion for all things, he never ran away from a dead animal carcass right before staring a Cobra in the face. The guy in Prometheus was a moron, as was his geologist friend.

He was consistent though with his passion for all things, he never ran away from a dead animal carcass right before staring a Cobra in the face. The guy in Prometheus was a moron, as was his geologist friend.

:lol :lol :lol

I love Prometheus but those two guys were horribly written. I was glad that they were the first to die.

I agree that they weren't very well-written and my biggest complaint with the film is the stupid decisions and strange reactions most of the characters have to various things, but I don't think it's hard to imagine someone who loves and studies animals being freaked out by a dead E.T. in a space suit, not just "a dead animal carcass".

It was a whole other ball game to him.

The whole "Brometheus" experience felt like watching dumb teenagers killing themself.
Like if I couldn't sympathize with Tucker and Dale before...

I agree that they weren't very well-written and my biggest complaint with the film is the stupid decisions and strange reactions most of the characters have to various things, but I don't think it's hard to imagine someone who loves and studies animals being freaked out by a dead E.T. in a space suit, not just "a dead animal carcass".

If that were my profession, an Alien body would be the holy grail of discoveries, I'd be overjoyed, but he just runs away.. :lol Like I say, I love the movie personally, but poor writing in moments like that, and Fifield getting lost despite owning a Tom Tom Y3K while everybody else walks out fine just irked me.

If that were my profession, an Alien body would be the holy grail of discoveries, I'd be overjoyed, but he just runs away.. :lol Like I say, I love the movie personally, but poor writing in moments like that, and Fifield getting lost despite owning a Tom Tom Y3K while everybody else walks out fine just irked me.

Yeah. Some nitpicks can be just that but when there are too many things that can be legitimately 'nitpicked' one's overall impression of a movie can be severely affected. Star Trek Into Darkness is another example. Although I think Prometheus is at least better than that film.

I enjoy Prometheus... But I don't think of it as really the prequel to Alien...

I prefer the mystery of who the Space Jockey was and where the Aliens came from... I like thinking that the Space Jockey was not a suit but the actual being sitting there.

So I look at Prometheus as an alternate Universe rather then a true prequel.

Plus stuff was just way more technologically advanced in the film.. Thus making it feel like they are not part of the same series.

Yeah, that never bothered me. The guy has probably handled hundreds of snakes. He was shaken by seeing a giant monster that apparently died horribly.

The "getting lost" bit is the only thing that really bothers me. At least throw a line at it - "the scanners may take a while to acclimate to the surroundings. The readings won't be accurate at first." Something......:lol

But it's still not as bad as the TDKR Orphan Eyes scene.

Yeah, that never bothered me. The guy has probably handled hundreds of snakes. He was shaken by seeing a giant monster that apparently died horribly.

The "getting lost" bit is the only thing that really bothers me. At least throw a line at it - "the scanners may take a while to acclimate to the surroundings. The readings won't be accurate at first." Something......:lol

But it's still not as bad as the TDKR Orphan Eyes scene.
My least favorite part of the entire film is Charlie's death. He gives up all hope because of what? Veins and eyes changing color, and probably feeling sick/weak? With all of the super advanced medical equipment they have on board, he feels the need to commit suicide instead of at least trying some of that out first? WTF :lol

Vickers flame-throwering him made no sense either. The whole thing just felt incredibly forced. I wish they had kept his original death, where he dies from a squid-like chestburster popping out during sex with Shaw. That would have been so brutal and disturbing.

He like the Star PT doesn't he... or at least ROTS....
From what I remember, RIDDICK likes the Star Wars PT, Captain America, the Fast & Furious series and I guess...Riddick.

So he has quite impeccable taste. :lol

I've handled lots of snakes, Carpet pythons mainly and even with their slender build they are strong! And fast as I found out when I was kissed by a hungry 8ft Centralian python ;) and I'm no biologist but that thing clearly didn't look friendly. Not to mention it is an Alien life form, even if it had been cute and fury it could have had a whole manner of nasty diseases, he clearly should have known better.

Star Trek Into Darkness is another example. Although I think Prometheus is at least better than that film.
With this I agree. At least "Brometheus" really tries to be sci-fi.

Popping out of what? :horror
tyFIlbC.gif

I've handled lots of snakes, Carpet pythons mainly and even with their slender build they are strong! And fast as I found out when I was kissed by a hungry 8ft Centralian python ;) and I'm no biologist but that thing clearly didn't look friendly. Not to mention it is an Alien life form, even if it had been cute and fury it could have had a whole manner of nasty diseases, he clearly should have known better.

Oh, I still think the character is a ****ing idiot. :lol It would have made more sense if he was the pothead.

Popping out of what? :horror
:lol

182qwcb2bvwqojpg.jpg

crocodile1-1348488245.jpg

irwin_steve_snake_cp_10666737.jpg

Not to mention Millburn was wearing an advanced space suit. Though it's not stated in the film (wish it was), in the script the suits are supposed to be state-of-the-art, tear-resistant, etc.

Hope they expand on the Deacon...

That is one thing from the first I'll be happy to see less of personally. Didn't like the design at all. I'd love to see more of the engineers and their back story/motives however.

That is one thing from the first I'll be happy to see less of personally. Didn't like the design at all. I'd love to see more of the engineers and their back story/motives however.
The design didn't do a whole lot for me either, but have you seen the concept of the full-grown version?

ultramorph.jpg

That would be a sight to behold.

Back