Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who may be confused on my comment about Covenant resembling a slasher film...

Unless there's actually a xeno wielding a knife and slicing people up (I doubt it very highly), then it can't be a slasher film by definition. However, that's not to say that it can't resemble a slasher film. I'm not a fan of the genre, but most slasher films I've viewed usually have a scene or two where the villain kills the hot girl in the shower. So, when I see a xeno killing someone in the shower (something we've never really seen in the Alien films before), I automatically link it to a slasher film.

:goodpost: :exactly:

well then.... there it is lol

well then.... there it is lol

I like sci-fi monster movies (I.E., Alien, Predator, etc.), but most slasher movies with a normal person running around with a knife, machete, or chainsaw just bore me to tears (save for the Scream franchise), LOL. :lol

No it doesn't remind me of a cheap slasher type 'bad' horror movie. I'm just very ambivalent on it the more i see/hear about what Ridley seems to be doing. By lowering my expectation I may actually come away liking it. I severely lowered my expectations for Xmen Apocalypse and I ended up thinking it was decent, not great but decent and better than I thought it would be. I hope the same rings true for this. I admit i'm not overly enamored with the fact he's immediately jumping into a prequel to this prequel as a sequel, so Ridley, why didn't you just make the 'inbetween' movie connecting Prometheus and Covenant first, and then start producing on Covenant....

QZXfzeZ.png

My mommy always said there were no monsters - no CGI ones. But there are.
Badly done ones aswell. Lets hope for massive improvement in that CGI. This could become the modern day Alien 3 within a few years looking at that.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The CGI is awful........when will studios learn that all CGI is no good........practical effects stil almost always look better...

Notable exceptions.

Dawn of Planet of the Apes
LOTR (most shots)

This is out in a month and I feel ****all hype.
Same. I'm just not that excited about the Alien movies these days. Shame really as I used to be a huge fan.

The alien was way over exposed in the trailers and the acting seems a bit forced.

Will wait for the reviews. Ridley Scott hasn't made a decent movie in years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well apart from the Martian. That was enjoyable! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back