Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a sequel, not a prequel, but an in-between one now?

https://www.alien-covenant.com/news...itle-the-next-alien-film-after-alien-covenant

The way I see it is, he's trying to make like 4-5 movies fit into a very small timeframe (about 20yrs or so) from Prometheus to the first Alien movie. That is not cause for that many movies, it's pretty silly if you ask me. The whole thing just seems rushed, as if he planned on making these subsequent movies as an afterthought of making Covenant. Why make a new movie now which apparently will have a whole movie dedicated to the prequel of this prequel movie. Just make the 'middle' movie which would go back to him saying that Prometheus was the first of a trilogy. Ridley is not making any sense....

There's some serious head-****ery going on here. Why does Alien need 10 prequels?

Why do we need to see all these different ill-fated human expeditions into space. If this **** kept happening we'd stop sending people out and we'd content ourselves with Gateway station and a moon colony or something.

There's some serious head-****ery going on here. Why does Alien need 10 prequels?

Why do we need to see all these different ill-fated human expeditions into space. If this **** kept happening we'd stop sending people out and we'd content ourselves with Gateway station and a moon colony or something.

the reward is worth the risk

he's trying to make like 4-5 movies....

What is it with these old directors trying to suddenly make their own 'verses'...? Can a director no longer make a good film unless its branded into 4-10 movies?

I just can't see more than 1-2 more alien movies within Ridley's universe, and I really can't see more then 1-2 sequels from Cameron on Pandora. In both these cases, Ridley and Cameron better start creating some interesting side characters that are worthy of their own films.

Continued "Reboots" and proven "Spin-offs" will likely be the future of brands into the 20's... assuming a franchise has a worthy 'side-character' to spin-off like they do in larger universes like Star Wars or Marvel.

im ok with 4 movies, but all of them being peequels is extremely idiotic.

just have movies that were going on at the same time aliens and alien 3 was going on. or have movies between alien and aliens. other tales

Alien: Dead by Dawn

Alien: The Quickening

Alien: The Search for Curly's Gold

Alien: Reloaded

Alien: Live Free or Die Hard

Alien: Return of the Jedi

Ridley has gone senile.

alien: Xenomorph Lives

alien: xenomorph goes to hell

Alien: xenomorph goes to the hood

alien: i know what xenomorph did last summer

alien: xenomorph"s revenge

alien: the xenomorph warriors

alien: season of the xenomorph

alien: the curse of the xenomorph

alien h20: 20 Years Later

xenomorph
xenomorph: new moon
xenomorph: eclipse
xenomorph: rise (part 1)
xenomorph: rise (part 2)

and kstew turns out to be Ripley's mamma...

xenomorph
xenomorph: new moon
xenomorph: eclipse
xenomorph: rise (part 1)
xenomorph: rise (part 2)

and kstew turns out to be Ripley's mamma...

giphy.gif

there won't be any more unless this one does really well( which i can't see ) I too am tired of the new trend of multiple sequels planned without success coming first...

Back