Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My subway train this morning had this plastered everywhere on it. And when I say everywhere, I meant everywhere. Every panel for the train was covered in black with Xeno faces with the "Hide" **** on it.

My subway train this morning had this plastered everywhere on it. And when I say everywhere, I meant everywhere. Every panel for the train was covered in black with Xeno faces with the "Hide" **** on it.

Lucky you. Where I live the subway trains and buses are covered in nothing but ads for unhealthy fast foods like the Baconator AKA the Heart Attack on a Bun. That way, the people who ride the bus because they're already too big to drive a normal car can get even fatter. :slap I really hate America sometimes.

With Alien: Covenant just weeks away from release, Ridley Scott's been making the promotional rounds lately, and in a new video interview with Entertainment Weekly, the director reveals that his Alien (1979) originally had a much, much bleaker ending.

Says Scott:

“I thought that the alien should come in, and Ripley harpoons it and it makes no difference, so it slams through her mask and rips her head off.” Next, Scott says, he’d have cut to the tentacles of the alien pressing buttons on the dashboard. “It would mimic Captain Dallas [Tom Skerritt] saying, ‘I’m signing off.’”

This is an interesting bit of trivia, for a number of reasons. For one thing, it would've taken Ripley out of commission for any of the Alien sequels that followed. For another, revealing that the Xenomorph has the ability to mimic human voice would completely redefine the creature, and would've opened up the franchise to an entirely new series of possibilities.

To be clear, we're happy with how things turned out for Ripley in that escape pod, but still: it's always cool to hear about what almost was, isn't it?

With Alien: Covenant just weeks away from release, Ridley Scott's been making the promotional rounds lately, and in a new video interview with Entertainment Weekly, the director reveals that his Alien (1979) originally had a much, much bleaker ending.

Says Scott:

“I thought that the alien should come in, and Ripley harpoons it and it makes no difference, so it slams through her mask and rips her head off.” Next, Scott says, he’d have cut to the tentacles of the alien pressing buttons on the dashboard. “It would mimic Captain Dallas [Tom Skerritt] saying, ‘I’m signing off.’”

This is an interesting bit of trivia, for a number of reasons. For one thing, it would've taken Ripley out of commission for any of the Alien sequels that followed. For another, revealing that the Xenomorph has the ability to mimic human voice would completely redefine the creature, and would've opened up the franchise to an entirely new series of possibilities.

To be clear, we're happy with how things turned out for Ripley in that escape pod, but still: it's always cool to hear about what almost was, isn't it?

I'm glad it didn't end that way, LOL.

Says Scott:

I don't think the film would have been as successful with that ending. General public masses don't want 'downer' endings although they are divergent from the norm. Would have been interesting for sure, but then we'd not have all the gems the second movie got us.

And....what about Jonesy? He'd be the only survivor!

So the Alien could theoretically also say: "Say... that's a nice bike."

LOL or place a LD call to the Tiki Motel asking for the address there...he'll be tired after coming all that way and will want to relax!

Last edited:
Saw the trailer today at the movies. I don't know, seems to be just a rehash of the original alien only with couples. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Saw the trailer today at the movies. I don't know, seems to be just a rehash of the original alien only with couples. Hopefully I'm wrong.

This right here! Anyone remember my statement about Covenant resembling a slasher film? This is exactly my point. Slasher films often tend to have the killer going after the hot couple. So, with Covenant, what we have so far is basically the other Alien films with couples in place of the lone victims and a slasher film with xenos in place of the killer with the machete/chainsaw/knife. I'm still looking forward to it though. :)

This right here! Anyone remember my statement about Covenant resembling a slasher film? This is exactly my point. Slasher films often tend to have the killer going after the hot couple. So, with Covenant, what we have so far is basically the other Alien films with couples in place of the lone victims and a slasher film with xenos in place of the killer with the machete/chainsaw/knife. I'm still looking forward to it though. :)

The original is not a slasher movie :thwak:thwak

Hopefully I'm wrong.

You're not.

I don't know if I'm reading into it too much, but with all the trailers and marketing being done for this... makes me wonder if the brass at Fox know this is a dud. Seems quite desperate to get asses in the seats.

so when's the next prequel to covenant, sequel to Prometheus film supposed to come out? 2019?

(why Ridley just didn't make that NOW is beyond me).

No, stop it. Stop that right now

How+About+No.jpg

Back