Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars are not worth it anyway.
If you want a good example then pick on "Star Trek: First Contact" and "Star Trek : Enterprise".

James Cameron - currently hard at work on multiple Avatar sequels as well as a proposed sixth Terminator movie - says he's not convinced there's any reason for Ridley Scott to make another Alien movie.

This curious development occurs towards the end of a recent Vulture interview, which Cameron has subjected himself to in order to promote his new National Geographic documentary, Atlantis Rising, wherein the director will comb the ocean floor for the definitely-not-fictional lost city of Atlantis:

On a completely different topic: How do you feel about the upcoming Alien sequel, Alien: Covenant?

The franchise has kind of wandered all over the map. Ridley (Scott) did the first film, and he inspired an entire generation of filmmakers and science-fiction fans with that one movie and there have been so many films that stylistically have derived from it, including my own Aliens, which was the legitimate sequel and, I think, the proper heir to his film...

...It's like, okay, we've got it, we've got the whole Freudian biomechanoid meme. I've seen it in 100 horror films since. I think both of those films stand at a certain point in time, as a reference point. But is there any validity to doing another one now? I don't know. Maybe. Let's see, jury's out. Let's see what Ridley comes up with.

To be fair, Cameron - who apparently did not say all he needed to say in one 162-minute Avatar movie (and will thus be elaborating via four Avatar sequels) - goes on to clarify that he'll definitely be there for Alien: Covenantwhen it opens later this year.

Let me just add to that — and don't cut this part off, please — I will stand in line for any Ridley Scott movie, even a not-so-great one, because he is such an artist, he's such a filmmaker. I always learn from him. And what he does with going back to his own franchise would be fascinating.

Reading over that, it's almost as though Cameron realizes how dickish he's sounding before deciding to walk things back a bit at the last minute.

Anyhoo, Alien: Covenant arrives on May 19th, while James Cameron's Atlantis Rising lands on National Geographic on January 29th. Cameron's four Avatar sequels and possible sixth Terminator movie are currently in development.

It does seem hilarious that he would say that given the news about him maybe not being quite done with Terminator (and the even worse state that franchise has been in).

James Cameron says he's not convinced there's any reason for Ridley Scott to make another Alien movie.
dont-care.gif

James Cameron - currently hard at work on multiple Avatar sequels as well as a proposed sixth Terminator movie - says he's not convinced there's any reason for Ridley Scott to make another Alien movie.

This curious development occurs towards the end of a recent Vulture interview, which Cameron has subjected himself to in order to promote his new National Geographic documentary, Atlantis Rising, wherein the director will comb the ocean floor for the definitely-not-fictional lost city of Atlantis:

On a completely different topic: How do you feel about the upcoming Alien sequel, Alien: Covenant?

The franchise has kind of wandered all over the map. Ridley (Scott) did the first film, and he inspired an entire generation of filmmakers and science-fiction fans with that one movie and there have been so many films that stylistically have derived from it, including my own Aliens, which was the legitimate sequel and, I think, the proper heir to his film...

...It's like, okay, we've got it, we've got the whole Freudian biomechanoid meme. I've seen it in 100 horror films since. I think both of those films stand at a certain point in time, as a reference point. But is there any validity to doing another one now? I don't know. Maybe. Let's see, jury's out. Let's see what Ridley comes up with.

To be fair, Cameron - who apparently did not say all he needed to say in one 162-minute Avatar movie (and will thus be elaborating via four Avatar sequels) - goes on to clarify that he'll definitely be there for Alien: Covenantwhen it opens later this year.

Let me just add to that — and don't cut this part off, please — I will stand in line for any Ridley Scott movie, even a not-so-great one, because he is such an artist, he's such a filmmaker. I always learn from him. And what he does with going back to his own franchise would be fascinating.

Reading over that, it's almost as though Cameron realizes how dickish he's sounding before deciding to walk things back a bit at the last minute.

Anyhoo, Alien: Covenant arrives on May 19th, while James Cameron's Atlantis Rising lands on National Geographic on January 29th. Cameron's four Avatar sequels and possible sixth Terminator movie are currently in development.

Freudian biomechanoid meme

I+am+become+ree+destroyec98e3a4b89143745694550d029b3d1.jpg

Last edited:
I did my thesis on him in college. By the end of it, I never wanted to hear him say another word again.

With his work, I went from this
jSisufA.gif

To this
giphy.gif

my god she puts me to sleep in her interviews, does not give me much hope for her actual acting performance....

a7cd1c55d42d5da7ee9f564fe67d7f5e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If that is actually the Xeno from Covenant than Ridley has lost the plot in regards to the original design head shape. The big chap, Gigers one, had an amazing natural look and shape. Really alien and biological. That head looks like one of the cheap sequels and toys.

Back