Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Cinema mainly is pretty bad" says the director of "Ruben's Hood" and "Brometheus". :lol

giphy.gif

It's like these directors think that superhero movies aren't allowing them to make original ideas.

What about the Martian? or in regards to Scorsese, his new flick Silence? do these suck too? are they not "cinema"?

Not to mention these people are pretty bussy bein' producers and directors. I don't believe they watch 100 films every year so critisizin' the entire medium is something they shouldn't be able to do.

Not to mention these people are pretty bussy bein' producers and directors. I don't believe they watch 100 films every year so critisizin' the entire medium is something they shouldn't be able to do.

Exactly.

"movies are pretty bad now a days, though I haven't been to the movies since I wrapped my last flick, which took 2 years."

they're just cry-babies whining in any direction to get heard.

Just like Mel with the whole BvS thing.

"My movies may suck, but not as bad as THIS."

and what was that god awful flick that came out last year? the one that wasn't near as good as Kingdom of Heaven.

it had the boxer guy and batman as the leads..

Edit: Gods and Kings.

Don't forget he made Legend too...
Twelve years ago. And it wasn't a blockbuster or part of some pre-existing multimedia franchise.
I actually like "Legend". I'd take it over the entire "Da Hobbot" trilogy of crapiness any day. :dunno

and what was that god awful flick that came out last year? the one that wasn't near as good as Kingdom of Heaven.

it had the boxer guy and batman as the leads..

Edit: Gods and Kings.

yeah I didn't even want to see it once I heard his name was attached to it.

I was disappointed in Counselor too....had some great acting cast in it, but he never really did anything with them if you ask me. I liked Martian, but before that his last good ones were Kingdom of Heaven and BlackHawk Down imho...

Twelve years ago. And it wasn't a blockbuster or part of some pre-existing multimedia franchise.
I actually like "Legend". I'd take it over the entire "Da Hobbot" trilogy of crapiness any day. :dunno

it was so-so, guess you have to consider when it was made and all. Mia Sara wasn't bad on the eyes...:D The best Hobbit was the first one, I was disappointed in each subsequent sequel film.

This is probably a silly gripe, but I am really not feeling her hair, NOR her as an actress, she seems very flaccid, even in interviews....

The video may contain a SLIGHT spoiler as it's something I confess I haven't heard yet, it's small plot device, but then again I may have missed it....so there's your warning...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ridley Scott has made a right mess of his prequel universe. The main reason why the A:C trailer was made out to be a standard Alien movie and not a Prometheus sequel.

Ridley Scott has made a right mess of his prequel universe. The main reason why the A:C trailer was made out to be a standard Alien movie and not a Prometheus sequel.

While I think Prometheus fumbled, I find the lore of it a great way to take the series. Unfortunately were being forced to tread the same ground again. It's going to bomb, count on it.

I know the consensus with most people is that Aliens is the better movie. But I personally prefer Alien since it's a very slow burn and is dripping with atmosphere and isolation that was executed perfectly. Prometheus had a somewhat slow burn, more than anything after Alien (not that Aliens is bad mind you) but the fact were seeing military personal and the same scare tactics seen in the past movies yet again... why even bother?

I'm rambling. In the end, I love the idea of exploring the "Gods" and all and I would of much preferred the expected sequel from Prometheus's ending of going to "Paradise."

While I think Prometheus fumbled, I find the lore of it a great way to take the series. Unfortunately were being forced to tread the same ground again. It's going to bomb, count on it.

I know the consensus with most people is that Aliens is the better movie. But I personally prefer Alien since it's a very slow burn and is dripping with atmosphere and isolation that was executed perfectly. Prometheus had a somewhat slow burn, more than anything after Alien (not that Aliens is bad mind you) but the fact were seeing military personal and the same scare tactics seen in the past movies yet again... why even bother?

I'm rambling. In the end, I love the idea of exploring the "Gods" and all and I would of much preferred the expected sequel from Prometheus's ending of going to "Paradise."

I agree, I prefer Alien to Aliens on the 'film' level. yeah I love the second movie but it's all raw action and is in a class all to its own. The first movie is a masterpiece of sci-fi horror which has never (and probably never will) be duplicated/bested. He proved you don't NEED to see everything, imho one of the scariest scenes filmed is when Dallas gets it in the vent shaft. IIRC Ridley said there are something like only 7 or 8 frames of film, and it's on less than a full second, but you'll never forget the hands and teeth. I think BC just needed a hug...:D

I'm also one of the minority who actually liked Prometheus, and what he was trying to do story wise. But this, is making me feel very fearful for the future of this franchise. Yes there were parts of it which weren't as good as they could have been but I guess he's either getting soft in the head (he is like what 80?) or he's bowing to Fox execs/industry/marketing pressure. I'm not totally ******** on AC, but the more I hear about it the less enthused I am becoming.....

This is probably a silly gripe, but I am really not feeling her hair, NOR her as an actress, she seems very flaccid, even in interviews....

The video may contain a SLIGHT spoiler as it's something I confess I haven't heard yet, it's small plot device, but then again I may have missed it....so there's your warning...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hehe... well, this is why all this whining about a movie that isn't out yet feels kind of, yes silly. You don't like her hair!!? Are you serious? ...and now, I should probably take cover.

Last edited:
Hehe... well, this is why all this whining about a movie that isn't out yet feels kind of, yes silly. You don't like her hair!!? Are you serious? ...and now, I should probably take cover.

she does look dorky if you ask me....I mean I still cringe with Sig's perm for Aliens, but I have to consider when it was made. Good thing he didn't make it in the 90's or else she would have had this

b4b6122f84c82e435c7a737113c01583.jpg

I love the idea of exploring the "Gods" and all and I would of much preferred the expected sequel from Prometheus's ending of going to "Paradise."

My thoughts as well...

Spoiler Spoiler:

She was very bland in harry potter

Back