Prometheus Engineer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's not a traditional facehugger :lol, I just meant that it serves the same purpose as a facehugger in that it impregnates other beings with Xenomorphs.

oh ok. :lol. he had the math right. What happened with Charlie and Fifield is a different process. That was more like what would happen if the Engineers reached earth to destroy the human race by exposing us humans to the goo. we would all become what Charlie and Fifield became. And it showed the Engineers weapon turned against them when the black goo got exposed to something else organic like we saw with the serpent like creature, it created a violent species, and it attacked the Engineers.

The Black goo, when an Engineer drank it, it would break down his body and DNA, and once he fell over into the water, his DNA meshed with another organism like tadpoles and it created the human race eventually.

Last edited:
You can't really work out what was going on with the sequence but you can get a rough idea. Ridley always said that the original ship was a bomber that would destroy planets so he's quite consistent there. Only thing is the eggs could either be the goo at an advanced stage or the other way round, the eggs may be the original life form and the SJ's have harvested the weapon into a liquid form, it's all a bit up in the air really.

The original ship is supposed to be very old. A lot older than the events that take place in Prom.

Funny thing is I remember Blade Runner and even Alien getting terribly mixed reviews on release, I think once we see the bigger picture Prometheus might turn out the same for some folk.

Well there's the issue of why the black ooze mutated Fifield into a monster and only seemed to slowly kill Charlie. Though I suppose it could have eventually mutated Charlie as well, and only took longer because he was exposed to a single drop of it.

From what we see in the film, any human exposure to the ooze eventually results in a Xenomorph being created. Fifield was turning into one and Shaw gives birth to a "facehugger" which then impregnates the engineer with a Xenomorph. It seems like it's purpose is cleaning the slate. A biomechanical weapon that turns humans into monsters to kill other humans.

"To create one must first destroy", as David said.

Shame that if it requires a bit of thought and speculation it's instantly a "plot hole" or, "makes zero sense".

Just because we don't agree does not mean that you have to be a patronizing jerk, which I know you tend to be on lots of posts. I get it, you love the movie and get pissed when people don't. I don't love it and I think it's a weakly written mess. We disagree and life goes on.

I'm not being a "patronizing jerk". This all started with you bashing the movie/characters in a related thread. Ie, being rude and disrespectful.

I don't give a **** if you like the movie or not. Do you seriously not expect me to be annoyed when you come in a Prometheus-related thread and start trash talking it? Think before you post, and show some respect. That's all I'm asking.

Like Morphosis said, I'm not going to go in a Ninja Turtles thread and start bashing that because A. I have no interest in it and B. I know the people posting there are probably fans and I don't want to be an @$$hole.

I bashed the movie, I did not bash your thoughts on the movie or the fact that you liked the movie. You've thrown in little digs here and there towards my thoughts that are very condescending. It all started purely because I said I wished he had the helmet on because....

I love the Jockey and would have bought this if the helmet was on. I don't like what they turned the Jockey into.

Bashing a movie is not disrespectful unless if you had a hand in making it...which I'm sure you didn't.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea discussing movies in here afterall.

From what I've seen in the movie section people are unable to accommodate other peoples opinions and it usually descends into personal insults.

Can we keep it civil or move on? :peace

Yup, my mistake. I get riled up sometimes and that can get outa hand. Sorry for letting that happen. I'm sure Thwei is an OK guy in the real world.

Maybe it wasn't a good idea discussing movies in here afterall.

From what I've seen in the movie section people are unable to accommodate other peoples opinions and it usually descends into personal insults.

And how.

Some people hold opinions with an all but religious fervor. I don't get it. Especially about something as unimportant as a movie.

If someone hates my favorite movie, I shrug my shoulders, say "meh" and move on. Or maybe if they be polite about it, I might want to discuss why they don't. I call it "civilized discourse." It does not work on everyone. :p

Bashing a movie is not disrespectful unless if you had a hand in making it...which I'm sure you didn't.

Nope. Bashing bad movies is a deserved outcome for bad films, regardless. I would state my dislike of this movie and why to the very director himself. I don't care who he is, he's not a king and he's not a deity. He's a fallible human being.

As this film makes really, really clear. :wink1:

Nope. Bashing bad movies is a deserved outcome for bad films, regardless. I would state my dislike of this movie and why to the very director himself. I don't care who he is, he's not a king and he's not a deity. He's a fallible human being.

:yess::goodpost::yess::clap

I bashed the movie, I did not bash your thoughts on the movie or the fact that you liked the movie. You've thrown in little digs here and there towards my thoughts that are very condescending. It all started purely because I said I wished he had the helmet on because....

I love the Jockey and would have bought this if the helmet was on. I don't like what they turned the Jockey into.

How are you not understanding this?

You don't come into a thread for a movie and character people are interested in, and **** all over it. It's rude. I don't want to read that.

If you don't like the film, or the engineers, and want to say something about it, discuss it. Give your reasons for disliking it and move on to something you do like. Don't just come in here and randomly start bashing it.

Opinion sharing is fine, needlessly bashing is not.

Some people hold opinions with an all but religious fervor.
You're one to talk.

If someone hates my favorite movie, I shrug my shoulders, say "meh" and move on. Or maybe if they be polite about it, I might want to discuss why they don't. I call it "civilized discourse." It does not work on everyone. :p
Which is exactly the opposite of what he's doing.

It's a shame bashing is unwarranted seeing as how the film wasn't bad by any means.

Point: Don't talk **** about things I like, especially in the specific thread for those things, and I won't talk **** about the things you like. If you do come in here and talk **** about the things I enjoy, I'm going to defend them and call you out on your bull ****.

.....lalalalalalalallllaaaaa.....................

:wave :wave :wave :wave :wave

Nice sculpt, too bad this maquette isn't posed more interestingly. They are probably charging top dollar, too.

Isn't bad by any means? :thud::slap:cuckoo:

I'm bowing out of this one since this is how debates with this guy normally go. Maybe the 2nd movie will be an actually good movie. I'll be there opening night...hoping.

It's fine stating a movie was "bad" in your opinion, but the popular opinion say's Prometheus was well above average. Blu Ray sales also back this up. People liked the movie. That's a fact.

It's fine stating a movie was "bad" in your opinion, but the popular opinion say's Prometheus was well above average. Blu Ray sales also back this up. People liked the movie. That's a fact.

If box office and Blu Ray sales proclaim any given products' virtue, what about Adam Sandler? This guy is still making movies, he is selling disks and for some reason people still go to the theatre [evidently] to see his films. Does this make said films "good"?

Lots of people went to see the Schumacher Batman films. Are they "good"?

Think carefully before you answer because this is a really slippery slope. Although I think heeding Collectorcol's request would also be... good.

Popular sales doesn't mean something is good. Is American Idol good? Are the Housewife shows good? Nope.
I never knew there were so many rules to saying you don't like something.

The 5 people talking about Prometheus here are just their own opinions. If ramatuelle and nothingface don't like it, that's just their own opinion. they are not speaking for the entire population that saw the film. Just 2 opinions. That's all.

Box office numbers don't mean anything. But one of the only things out there that show real approval numbers to a large demographic is the imdb voting. With over 300,000 votes Prometheus has over a 7/10 approval. I think 300k votes is a clear representation of how the film is received. 7/10 is a decent score, not great but decent. The majority of viewers thought it's was decent. 70% to 30%. It's clear numbers. And when you compare these votes to other movies have gotten similar votes it's clear it did ok. Not outstanding, but it did ok. If it was 4/10 then you can say the majority didn't like it. 7/10, sorry, it means it was received in a positive light. It didn't fail by any means to the vast majority who saw it.

Last edited:
Isn't bad by any means? :thud::slap:cuckoo:

I'm bowing out of this one since this is how debates with this guy normally go. Maybe the 2nd movie will be an actually good movie. I'll be there opening night...hoping.
"debates with this guy harhar".

It was never a debate, I'm just asking you to kindly take your Prometheus-hating BS to a thread where fans of the movie won't have to read it. Thanks.

It's funny, I don't think one person I've talked to in real life has disliked Prometheus. All the hate I've seen is online, specifically the Sideshow forums.

And how.

Some people hold opinions with an all but religious fervor. I don't get it. Especially about something as unimportant as a movie.

Can I just talk for a second here, in a respectful way, you make this statement above in bold, but all you keep saying is that Prometheus is failed because "you" didn't like it, and your ignoring and tearing down the people who do like it. I am sure there are movies you love, that I dont like or your friends dont like. We all just have our own opinions. But when you & Nothingface recently have made statements about Prometheus, you made it sound like your opinions are the "religious fervor" that you state you despise.

not trying to argue or be disrespectful. I just want to point that out. All we ask is please respect others who enjoy and love Prometheus. If you don't like it, thats fine. I have no problem with people not liking a movie that I like. Just please realize that this is "your" opinion only, you don't talk for everyone who has seen Prometheus, and this goes for any movie for that matter. If you like or dislike something, thats just your 1 individual opinion.

And I ask for is a little courtesy that its something we enjoy. If Nothingface likes TMNT, thats fine with me. I have no desire to say he's wrong or TMNT is bad, or got into Turtle threads and start bashing it. Why? because I dont have an opinion since im not into it. No reason for me to do so. Im not a bully. I respect that he likes it. If its something he enjoys, thats awesome. there are millions of Turtle fans all over the world, thats a great thing. You all have every right to enjoy it as we all should with any movie, toy, game, etc...We are here to have fun, we collect for enjoyment, we see movies for enjoyment. Some we love, some we don't. But its just all our individual opinion.

And say i did go into a TMNT thread and starting hating on it, if your a fan of it, you would feel like we feel. Its not great coming into a thread that you enjoy something, and all you read is hate by people who have no interest or care for that particular movie or toy. There is no reason to do that. Seeking out threads you have no interest in. Why even do that?

And if you do then please think about other people's feeling as well instead of just coming across that only your opinion matters. thats all i ask.

Last edited:
Back