Prometheus Engineer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alien Franchise was ruined light years before Prometheus came along. If anything Prometheus injected some well needed quality and storylines.

But we still had the beauty of the original. I just pretend Prometheus doesn't exist and am happier that way. Alien 4 is also a putrid movie but at least it realizes that. Ridley Scott thinks he made a masterpiece and just created a movie with more plot-holes than I care to go through here. If you like it more power to ya. It was well shot and the musical score was great, but that's it. All style and no substance.

Oh, Alien 4. Please don't remind me. What a horrid mess.

Actually I used to hate Alien 3, too. I think it was the shock of Hicks, Newt and Bishop dying in the first two minutes of the film[!], that was a LOT to get past. Once the movie aged a bit I could appreciate what they were trying to do.

You are right: Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 are like fine wines. We won't get their equals again. [Well, I admit to AvP being a guilty pleasure. If the first three are fine wines, then AvP is Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill - if they even make that anymore. Pft.]

Haha, I actually was the same way. I saw Alien3 in the theater when it came out and I was in high school. I was pretty upset at what they did, but I think it's aged really well and in some ways prefer it now to Alien. The Dog Alien is my favorite version of the xeno and I love the atmosphere. I'm not trying to be highbrow at all and love AvP but AvP knows what it is. It's a fun and cheesy movie. Prometheus tries to be art and fails miserably IMO.

But we still had the beauty of the original. I just pretend Prometheus doesn't exist and am happier that way. Alien 4 is also a putrid movie but at least it realizes that. Ridley Scott thinks he made a masterpiece and just created a movie with more plot-holes than I care to go through here. If you like it more power to ya. It was well shot and the musical score was great, but that's it. All style and no substance.

Prometheus still doesn't address the original, it's just a nod in it's direction. The only thing that's different is that we know slightly more about the guy in the chair.

I always find it strange how people defend the franchise when it has absolutely no consistency what so ever even between movies. At first it's egg morphing then it's a queen, we got smooth and rough domes, we got killers and canon fodder, .... just random variables for the sake of storytelling

Really Prometheus is no more of a mess than the very movie's that spawned it. Besides Scott was right , there's no way any director worth his pay check is going to touch the Alien after the giant mess that was AVP. He did the right thing, even if it wasn't well received by some hardcore fans.

Personally I'm pretty excited for Prom 2 now that the stage has been set.

Prometheus still doesn't address the original, it's just a nod in it's direction. The only thing that's different is that we know slightly more about the guy in the chair.

I always find it strange how people defend the franchise when it has absolutely no consistency what so ever even between movies. At first it's egg morphing then it's a queen, we got smooth and rough domes, we got killers and canon fodder, .... just random variables for the sake of storytelling

Really Prometheus is no more of a mess than the very movie's that spawned it. Besides Scott was right , there's no way any director worth his pay check is going to touch the Alien after the giant mess that was AVP. He did the right thing, even if it wasn't well received by some hardcore fans.

Personally I'm pretty excited for Prom 2 now that the stage has been set.

Actually we know a lot more about the guy in the chair and even how the aliens were created and what they were used for and it even created a bigger picture because its a story about how and why the human race was created, all fiction of course.

I find Prometheus one of the best sci-films over the past two decades and I personally think Prometheus & Alien are 1A and 1B best of the franchise. Im not a huge fan of Aliens. I think Aliens and Aliens3 are ok. I enjoy watching them, but they are not on the level of Alien or Prometheus. And Prometheus probably has the most intriguing story of them all IMO. I think some of the characters in Prometheus had some character development issues, but the overall story I absolutely loved. And Shaw is one of the best characters in any scifi. Noomi's performace was amazing!!!

and I love anything thats about god, creation, human history, religion, faith...I love that kind of stuff, and they attached it to science fiction which was awesome. Can't wait for Prometheus 2.

I would have liked to have bought this maquette, but just didn't have the extra $$. Still hoping for a HTs miracle they do Shaw. If i can get some extra $$ together, i still hope to get this maquette. The stance isn't my favorite, but love the design of the engineers.

If he had his helmet on this would be a no-brainer for me. That way I could still pretend they're jockeys and not stupid horrible franchise ruining engineers.

I get Deja vu typing this lol but here goes.

This is not the full flight suit, the Helmet does not go with the suit depicted here. I'm hoping they will do another version with his full suit however as I love the look of these new Engineers when they are masked up. I'm sure SS could work a removable mask onto it so we have the choice. I guess people inside SS thought the same as you and asked where the helmet was.... probably why it was made as the EX.

Also, for all of its many failings, I enjoyed Prometheus. It is on of the the nicest shot films I've seen in a long time... maybe in the sequel they will put a little more thought into character development etc.

Here's Prometheus in a nutshell:

Engineer + Goop= Humans
Goop + Humans= Zombies
Goop Zombies+ Humans= Trilobite
Engineer + Trilobite= Xenomorph

See the problem here? It makes zero sense. I like what Scott tried to do but there are just too many holes, even for this franchise. The scientists were horribly written and did everything that a scientist shouldn't do. The mapper with the little drone things, who's job it was to map the place, got lost. The biologist decided that touching an unknown snakelike alien species was the right thing to do. These are just the problems that I recall without having seen the movie in years. Now, visual and audio were great but the plot was atrocious. Again, if you like it more power to ya and I will see the sequel...hoping that it's a better movie.

Here's Prometheus in a nutshell:

Engineer + Goop= Humans
Goop + Humans= Zombies
Goop Zombies+ Humans= Trilobite
Engineer + Trilobite= Xenomorph

See the problem here? It makes zero sense. I like what Scott tried to do but there are just too many holes, even for this franchise. The scientists were horribly written and did everything that a scientist shouldn't do. The mapper with the little drone things, who's job it was to map the place, got lost. The biologist decided that touching an unknown snakelike alien species was the right thing to do. These are just the problems that I recall without having seen the movie in years. Now, visual and audio were great but the plot was atrocious. Again, if you like it more power to ya and I will see the sequel...hoping that it's a better movie.
Just because something isn't explained doesn't mean it's a plot hole.

Just because something isn't explained doesn't mean it's a plot hole.

I actually don't see a problem with his math there. How does that not make sense? The 4 equations he posted, while in simple form, make sense. It's the evolution of the Deacon which is just another alien species in the alien universe.

Last edited:
Well there's the issue of why the black ooze mutated Fifield into a monster and only seemed to slowly kill Charlie. Though I suppose it could have eventually mutated Charlie as well, and only took longer because he was exposed to a single drop of it.

From what we see in the film, any human exposure to the ooze eventually results in a Xenomorph being created. Fifield was turning into one and Shaw gives birth to a "facehugger" which then impregnates the engineer with a Xenomorph. It seems like it's purpose is cleaning the slate. A biomechanical weapon that turns humans into monsters to kill other humans.

"To create one must first destroy", as David said.

Shame that if it requires a bit of thought and speculation it's instantly a "plot hole" or, "makes zero sense".

Well there's the issue of why the black ooze mutated Fifield into a monster and only seemed to slowly kill Charlie. Though I suppose it could have eventually mutated Charlie as well, and only took longer because he was exposed to a single drop of it.

From what we see in the film, any human exposure to the ooze eventually results in a Xenomorph being created. Fifield was turning into one and Shaw gives birth to a "facehugger" which then impregnates the engineer with a Xenomorph. It seems like it's purpose is cleaning the slate. A biomechanical weapon that turns humans into monsters to kill other humans.

"To create one must first destroy", as David said.

Shame that if it requires a bit of thought and speculation it's instantly a "plot hole" or, "makes zero sense".

yah, im pretty sure Fifield was exposed to far longer thats why he mutated so drastically where Charlie was exposed but he would eventually mutate, we just didn't see him get to the level of mutation of Fifield because he let them burn him before he got that bad.

Actually Shaw gave birth to a Trilobite which is more squid-like and grows to enormous size. It wasnt a facehugger. its looks similar, but its different.

https://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Trilobite

I know it's not a traditional facehugger :lol, I just meant that it serves the same purpose as a facehugger in that it impregnates other beings with Xenomorphs.

Back