Prometheus Engineer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Python cancelled as well. (hope it wasn't a secret :monkey3)

If it was I wouldn't have told the forum gossiper :lol

I wait listed it while I had a good old think about it because I really want an Engineer in my display. Ultimately however the fused legs just don't work for me personally so I cancelled in the hope we will still get a second suited version... I do think this will actually be quite a nice piece however for those that can live with the pose.

If it was I wouldn't have told the forum gossiper :lol

I wait listed it while I had a good old think about it because I really want an Engineer in my display. Ultimately however the fused legs just don't work for me personally so I cancelled in the hope we will still get a second suited version... I do think this will actually be quite a nice piece however for those that can live with the pose.

Fused leg pose was my #1 complaint as well.

If they had separated the feet by just a little bit I would have got this although I'm not really a fan of the tiny base either. Again though I don't think this is a disaster at all, I suspect it will look pretty cool from certain angles.

Ordered him to add to my 1/5 scale Aliens, Predator and Terminator lineup.

I think someday I might get rid of them since they are just Sideshow sculpts but I'm not quite there yet.

I would probably have to keep the Elder and Scar though since I don't have those guys in other forms and this guy too.

Just cancelled my EX. Good luck to the Wait listers. Despite all the negativity I hope this piece turns out brilliant for you guys.

I would have loved to have waited to get him in hand because I think he has the potential to be an awesome piece but I just have too much of my favourite characters coming out and the Engineer although very cool, just has to go at this time.

Can't wait for the reviews.

Regardless of what I may think of this film, the Engineers were the one thing that I liked and found intriguing. Who are those guys, what do they do, where do they come from? What do their women look like? Cool.

So, this piece here. I have to say... pose: fail. The Engineer is posed like a girl at the barre in ballet class, in First position.

Ballet-First-Position.jpg

Of all the poses he could have been in, all the awesome stuff they could have done with him, made him majestic, or menacing, or just whatever.... we get a variant of first position. Shame, really.

If he had his helmet on this would be a no-brainer for me. That way I could still pretend they're jockeys and not stupid horrible franchise ruining engineers.

Just because it didn't play out the way you wanted, doesn't mean it ruined the franchise. Go be a little drama queen crybaby elsewhere.

Screw you man, it's my opinion. I'm not getting into a huge debate with you since you never stop (I've read dozens of them before from you). It has nothing to do with how it ended, it has to do with how they rewrote what came before. Most real Alien fans will agree with me. Later.

If he had his helmet on this would be a no-brainer for me. That way I could still pretend they're jockeys and not stupid horrible franchise ruining engineers.

No the helmet must be off. That way I can forget about the face that the Jockey was changed from a mysterious alien creature to a humanoid guy wearing a helmet that makes.... no real sense, design-wise. *sigh* oh well.

Screw you man, it's my opinion. I'm not getting into a huge debate with you since you never stop (I've read dozens of them before from you). It has nothing to do with how it ended, it has to do with how they rewrote what came before. Most real Alien fans will agree with me. Later.
Then state your opinion as an opinion. I don't come into this "PROMETHEUS ENGINEER MAQUETTE" thread to read your nonsense about how the engineers are "stupid horrible franchise ruiners".

And by the way, they didn't "rewrite" anything. Ridley had ideas and concepts, but nothing official, which was one of the most fascinating things about the space jockey. You knew nothing about it. It's history, it's reason for existing... it could go in any direction.

Back