Prometheus Engineer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guy's are hilarious. Give the figure endless amount of **** then panic at the thought on missing out of a 200 edition....

Still bothers me though that the EX and REG of this has an ES and isn't due until September, but my Hal Jordan Bust still is TBD and is supposed to come in April :lol

Funny how some people don't buy what they like, but rather what they think theirs very few of...

Just because they make a low edition of something doesn't mean it will get a ton of money in the aftermarket. The piece has to have been recieved well from the start COMBINED with a low edition size for it to be a cash cow piece.

It's like thinking you'd get a ton of loot for the Rick O'Connel prototype.

Funny how some people don't buy what they like, but rather what they think theirs very few of...

Just because they make a low edition of something doesn't mean it will get a ton of money in the aftermarket. The piece has to have been recieved well from the start COMBINED with a low edition size for it to be a cash cow piece.

I think some get caught up in the negative hype but still would like to own the statue. It's easy to talk yourself in or out of something when everyone is singing the same old song.

The fact that recent posters in this thread who weren't going to buy the statue suddenly ordered it when they heard about the lower ES kinda disproves the point that it won't sell because it wasn't initially well received...

They should have left this scene in the movie imo. The engineer is a great character. I really hope to see a fully suited version on my pre order list soon from Sideshow.

A 1 of 700 statue that could be a lot better and wasn't very well received doesn't interest me at full price because chances are they will be available on discount or on eBay for less very soon (yes the CBG school of thought). A 1 of 200 will never be found for less than retail.
Quite simple to understand really :lecture

:goodpost:

A 1 of 200 will never be found for less than retail.
Quite simple to understand really :lecture

This is assuming there is a demand for said product.

Good pose or otherwise, there would always be a demand for 200 of any Sideshow product, more so when it is from a decent license like this. Some people just like low edition sizes anyway, it is part of this hobby after all... all be it a dying part it seems. Shouldn't knock people for it. I jumped on the wait list for this last week, when I came back to see comments saying the regular had been cancelled I smiled from ear to ear because if that had been the case it would have made this far more desirable, truly limited collectables are rarer and rarer these days (5000 mythos Vaders! :dunno)

Anyway, there has been lots of talk about this, not many pictures, here are a few to remind us what we are talking about Courtesy of Mr THX217

If you ignore the fused legs and weirdly small base, he looks good imo... And the EX beats a name plate any day.

I actually like him but missed out on the ex so im going to leave it unless one pops up for sale.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back