Prologue Elves or Numenorians at 1/6th?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When the FotR was released i was obsessed with the last alliance, i watch every extra on the dvds trying to find new footage with anything to do with the prologue battle. Always trying to find some pics of the elven banners is a pain.

The Numenorians are my favorite design from the entire film with the last alliance elves and rohan royal gaurd both second. This is because when i went into the theater i had no idea what LotR was, then you get this unbelievable feast for the eyes which i gobbled up.

Would buy these without a doubt but with the rate Lotr fig come out will be unlikely.

I would purchase a Numenorean 1/6 figure just too pair it up with my Numenorean Infantry Man Bust :D

The designs for the armor of the Last Alliance, be they elves or men, captains or hosts, is unrivaled in any film I have ever seen. The artistry, the functionality, the design, the colors, the harmony between hosts--it's absolutely splendid in every regard. There just isn't enough product to satisfy a collector who wants that represented in his collection, and some 1:6 figures would be just the think to remedy that!

I agree. I can't see any Weta pieces being able to satisfy on the level that good 1:6 pieces could. Elendil, Isuldur, Gil-gilad, and the infantries would make some of the best 1:6 scale figures ever made.

Beyond that, Theoden, Eomer and Eowyn in armor, Rohirrim, Faramir in armor, Gondorian knights, Citadel guards, the hobbits armored, Aragorn at the Black Gates...it's just plain sick how brilliant these figures would be.

And that's just on the good side. Isengard, Moria, Minas Morgul and Barad-Dur have an entire universe's worth to offer. The only problem there is that even the Prometheus body isn't built like an orc. Or an Uruk. Or a troll. And I really don't think there's a market that could support individualized sculpts for all that.

No matter. I'd take the named characters of the first two paragraphs in a second.

There is always hope when we have the courage to use it. This line will not die, and maybe we shall see these characters yet. If we can get Faramir, we can get them!

cap031.jpg

Yes, I totally agree, we must keep the hope alive, and we must also hound the living daylights out of SSC until they do it.
I heartily agree that the Last Alliance Elves have the best armor ever put to film. Gil-Galad's panoply is a work of art, and he's my favourite Toyiz figure too. If they could pull him off at that scale, they could do it at 1/6th. I agree too on how crappy it was to have all his scenes cut. (Actually, I recall reading that they did even film a death scene for Gil Galad as well)

Back to the figures, I think too if there was a way to get even more people amped about this line, it would be to give us these prologue favs. They just look too good and too iconic to be left in concept land. Imagine having 3 or 4 armored Noldor Elves lined up on your shelf (with their swords posed the same way they did that domino-effect slash en masse in the film!) Now that SSC has got a new body for armored characters, we might even be a step closer.

At the very least, if we get an Elrond, I'd prefer him in his prologue armor. Helm's Deep Haldir would also be flippin awesome too, not to mention the warriors he led to the battle. Ohhhh...how pretty these images are in my head.

Last edited:
Yes, I totally agree, we must keep the hope alive, and we must also hound the living daylights out of SSC until they do it.
I heartily agree that the Last Alliance Elves have the best armor ever put to film. Gil-Galad's panoply is a work of art, and he's my favourite Toyiz figure too. If they could pull him off at that scale, they could do it at 1/6th. I agree too on how crappy it was to have all his scenes cut. (Actually, I recall reading that they did even film a death scene for Gil Galad as well)

Back to the figures, I think too if there was a way to get even more people amped about this line, it would be to give us these prologue favs. They just look too good and too iconic to be left in concept land. Imagine having 3 or 4 armored Noldor Elves lined up on your shelf (with their swords posed the same way they did that domino-effect slash en masse in the film!) Now that SSC has got a new body for armored characters, we might even be a step closer.

At the very least, if we get an Elrond, I'd prefer him in his prologue armor. Helm's Deep Haldir would also be flippin awesome too, not to mention the warriors he led to the battle. Ohhhh...how pretty these images are in my head.

Haldir (from Helm's Deep) is definitely my number one want after the Fellowship is completed... Then give us some Uruk-Hai with Berzerkers and I'll be ecstatic.

Back